The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts the class 10th science exam in the month of February or March. This year the CBSE Class 10 Science exam is on 10th May 2022. Students need proper guidance and preparation strategy to score good marks in Science paper. The Class 10 Science syllabus is really vast. Students should have a proper study plan so that they finish the syllabus by the end of December month and get enough time for practising the previous year’s papers and sample papers. Some students find this subject easier, while some find it difficult. So, to help students prepare in a better way for the exam, we have provided CBSE Class 10 Science preparation tips. These tips will work for all students.
Preparation Tips for Class 10 Science Exam
Students must study through the NCERT Class 10 Science textbook. The book covers the entire syllabus and the question paper is designed from it. So, students must be thorough with all the concepts. They must also solve the exercise questions of the book. Here are a few tips which will help them prepare effectively for the exam.
Watch The Video Below, To Know the Tips for Class 10 Science Exam:
1) Know the Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
CBSE Class 10 theory Science paper is of 80 marks. The question paper is divided into 5 sections. The marks distribution and the number of questions for each section is shown below. To know the detailed question paper design and unit-wise marks distribution students should go through the CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus.
|Section||Type of Question||Marks per Question||Total Questions||No. of words for Answering|
|A||MCQs, very short, assertion reasoning type||1||20||1 word or 1 sentence each|
|B||Short answer type questions I||2||6||30 to 50 words each|
|C||Short answer type questions II||3||7||50 to 80 words each|
|D||Long answer type questions||5||3||80 to 120 words each|
The above data is provided by analysing the Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2021. It is expected that the same pattern will be followed in the 2022 examination. However, there can be some minor changes in the question paper design.
2) Go through the entire Science Syllabus Once Again
Students must have completed the syllabus along with the classroom. But they need to go through it once again by themselves. This will be a kind of revision for themselves and they get to know on which topic they have to put extra effort. Accordingly, they can formulate an effective study plan and work on those areas. Along with the revision, it will be better if they solve the NCERT textbook questions once again. In case students get stuck somewhere then they can refer the NCERT Solutions of Class 10 Science.
3) Preparation Tips for Class 10 Science Exam
Class 10th Science is one of the major subjects that could help students in shaping up their entire career. Therefore, the students who are willing to continue science in their higher standards are advised to have a thorough conceptual understanding of concepts taught in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. This will build a strong foundation. Students usually get nervous and stressed as the exam approach. So, here are some important tips that help students in their studies and build confidence in them.
To Know How to Make and Use and Use Mind Maps for Class 10 Science Exam, Watch The Below Video:
a) Preparation Tips for Class 10 Science – Physics
- In Physics, conceptual and formula-based questions are mostly asked in the exam. So, students must be thorough with all the important formulas and it should be in their fingertips.
- The topic like Newton’s laws of motion and its applications are important from the exam perspective and some of the questions can be expected from it.
- Practice numerical on the series and parallel combination of resistances. Most of the time the numerical problems on lens and mirror are also asked.
- Practice diagrams like lines of the magnetic field around a solenoid and a bar magnet, electric circuit diagram, AC and DC generator, image formation by lenses and mirrors, the human eye, glass prism, image formation for both defected and correct vision.
- Practice previous year question papers and model test papers to get an idea on what types of numerical and theoretical questions are asked from Physics portion.
Students can access the CBSE Class 10 Science Previous Year Papers here.
b) Preparation Tips for Class 10 Science – Chemistry
- Chemistry is a high-scoring part and requires lesser time for preparation. Learn the tips involved in balancing chemical equations. Also, memorize the applications of acids, bases, and salts in everyday life.
- Every year 2-3 questions are asked form salts and its compounds. So, students must know the common names, preparation, chemical formula, and uses of salts and its compounds.
- Focus on carbon compounds and its nomenclature containing functional groups.
- Make proper notes of all reactions involving the conversion compounds. These revision notes will assist in your last-minute preparations.
- Understand the Modern periodic table with electronic configuration and memorize all the elements placed in the 1st and last two groups of the Periodic table.
- Speed and accuracy can be acquired through extensive practice of sample papers and in-depth preparation of the subject.
c) Preparation Tips for Class 10 Science – Biology
- In biology, the students must practice diagrams like the representation of reflex action, respiratory system, the human brain, different parts of a flower, female and male reproductive organs, etc.
- Thoroughly prepare Mendel’s experiments and understand the traits Inheritance.
- In Biology, there are complex terminologies that could be memorized by doing regular revisions. It is always good to write and understand those terms to get acquainted with them.
- Understand the functions performed by the reproductive organs in humans and the reproduction process in plants.
- Biology comprises of several complex diagrams, therefore students must build a habit of drawing a neat and clean diagram while writing the answers. This will also help them in scoring more marks.
To Know How to Maximise Score in Class 10 Science Exam, Watch The Below Video:
4) General Tips to be Followed Before the Exam Day
- Students must not touch any new topic before the exam day.
- Students should revise from their notes that they have created during preparation.
- Be relaxed and cool.
- Take proper sleep at night before the exam day.
- Students should make sure that they have not skipped any important topic from the syllabus.
5) Tips for Attempting the CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper
While attempting the paper students must take care of the following things:
- Write the answers depending on the marks allocated to it.
- Do not get stuck to a particular question. Students must move on if they could not able to find the answer to a particular question.
- Keep an eye on the time and try to finish all the entire paper in the allocated time duration.
- Draw the diagram wherever required to explain the answer.
- Write answers in good handwriting and try to maintain it till the end of the answer sheet.
Most importantly the students are advised to practice at least previous 5 to 6 years’ CBSE Last 10 Year Papers for Class 10. It helps the students to understand the exam pattern and enhances their speed, accuracy, and time management skills. Following these techniques will surely ensure excellent performance in the CBSE Class 10 Science Board Exam.
We hope students have found this information on “CBSE Class 10 Science Preparation Tips” useful for their exam preparation. Keep learning and stay tuned for further updates on CBSE and other competitive exams. Download BYJU’S App and subscribe to YouTube channel to access interactive Maths and Science videos.