CBSE class 12 biology exam will be conducted on 27 March, 2018. As the biology exam is near, students need to be well-prepared by this time. For medical aspirants, biology is the most crucial subject for their CBSE board exam and NEET exam. To help all the class 12 CBSE students, here are some important last minute preparation tips for CBSE biology exam.
Last Minute Biology Preparation Tips For CBSE Class 12 Exam
First, it is extremely important to understand the blueprint of the biology paper. The board releases the pattern every year to help the students get acquainted with the pattern and prepare accordingly. Knowing the pattern also helps to save some crucial time in the exam. An overview of the pattern is given below.
|Section Name||Question Details||Total Marks|
|Section A||5 Questions of 1 Mark Each||5|
|Section B||5 Questions of 2 Marks each||10|
|Section C||12 Questions of 3 Marks each||36|
|Section D (Value Based Question)||1 Question of 4 Marks||4|
|Section E (Choice Based)||3 Questions of 5 Marks each||15|
|70 (3 hours)|
Students can check CBSE Class 12 Biology Marking Scheme for more details and chapter-wise weightages.
Though the board exam gives choices, most of the time the choice-based questions are from the same unit. So, students need to prepare all the syllabus topics thoroughly and be confident to tackle any question in the exam. Also, studying anything apart from the syllabus is never suggested as the board includes questions only from the prescribed syllabus. Visit CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus and check if all the topics are covered.
Biology is a conceptual subject and the students need to be well-versed with various important terminologies in the subject. Apart from the terms and their definitions, the biology paper includes several diagram-related questions. Students can use flashcards to remember and revise important definitions and diagrams before the exam.
It is always advised to solve past year biology board papers and sample papers to understand the type and pattern of the questions. Solving several questions also helps to get exposed to a wide variety of question types which again helps to tackle any question in the exam more effectively. For previous year questions, visit CBSE Question Papers For Class 12 Biology.
The last few days before the board exam should be mostly spent on revision. By regular revision, all the important points are retained and one can effectively remember the concepts during the exam. So, revise the chapter and diagrams properly at this time.
Also, it is suggested to give additional attention to the important topics which hold more weightages. Chapter-wise weightages of biology class 12 are:
|Genetics & Evolution||18|
|Biology & Human Welfare||14|
|Ecology & Environment||14|
|Biotechnology & its Application||10|
These were some of the preparation tips for the biology exam. Apart from these preparation tips, some effective exam taking strategies for class 12 biology exam is also given below.
Exam-Taking Strategies for CBSE Class 12 Biology Paper
- Write neatly and draw the diagrams using a sharp pencil.
- Use a ruler to label diagram and it is suggested to label the diagrams on the right side of the paper.
- Underline important keywords and phrases in the answer.
- Start new sections from a new page.
- Include diagrams even if the question does not state (especially for 3, 4 and 5 marks questions).
- Finish Section A and B in half an hour as the questions are very short answer type.
- Section C should be finished within 1 hour 15 minutes as 12 questions are included.
- Section D includes only 1 question and so, should be finished within 15 minutes.
- Section E is long answer questions and one should not take more than 1 hour 15 minutes to finish this section.
- Use the last 10 to 15 minutes for revision and checking if all the questions are properly attempted.
With these strategies, students can easily prepare and attempt biology questions more effectively in the board exam. For more such preparation tips and strategies, keep visiting BYJU’S.
Practise This Question