Knowing the CBSE class 11 Biology syllabus is a crucial part of exam preparation. Just randomly studying will not help students. They need to be focused on their studies and cover topics mentioned in the CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Biology. It will provide the information on the course structure, distribution of marks for each topic and subtopics and time duration required to cover a topic. The Biology question paper is prepared according to the syllabus. So, students must go through the CBSE Class 11 Biology Syllabus before creating their study plan.
Here, we have provided the term wise CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Biology for the academic year 2021-2022. The Class 11Biology Syllabus pdf includes practical syllabus, assignments and projects information for each term. Studying as per the syllabus will surely help students to increase their scores.
Students can download the CBSE Board Class 11 Biology latest syllabus for the academic year 2021-22 in pdf format from the link mentioned above. The board has provided the term wise syllabus due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. The term wise Class 11 Biology Syllabus for the examination 2021-22 will help students study themselves and complete the topics without any stress.
Term Wise CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Biology with Marking Scheme 2021-22
Students can have a look at the term wise mark allocation of CBSE Class 11 Biology Syllabus in the table below.
|I||Diversity of Living Organisms: Chapter – 1, 2, 3 and 4||15|
|II||Structural Organisation in Plants and Animals: Chapter – 5 and 7||08|
|III||Cell: Structure and Function: Chapter – 8 and 9||12|
|III||Cell: Structure and Function: Chapter – 10||05|
|IV||Plant Physiology: Chapter – 13, 14 and 15||12|
|V||Human Physiology: Chapter – 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22||18|
|Total Theory (Term – I and Term – II)||70|
|Practicals Term – I||15|
|Practicals Term – II||15|
Students can also have a look at syllabus of all the subjects by visiting CBSE Class 11 Syllabus page at BYJU’S. They can also find the Practical Biology syllabus 2021-22 below:
Term Wise CBSE Class 11 Biology Practical Syllabus
|Evaluation Scheme||Term I||Term II||Marks|
|One Major Experiment Part A||Experiment No. – 1||Experiment No. – 3,4||4|
|One Minor Experiment Part A||Experiment No. – 2||Experiment No. – 5, 6, 7||3|
|Spotting Part B (3 Spots of 1 mark each)||B. 1, 2, 3||B. 4, 5||3|
|Practical Record + Investigatory Project& Record + Viva Voce||5|
CBSE Class 11 Biology Practical
A: List of Experiments Term I:
1. Study and describe a locally available common flowering plant, from any one family: Solanaceae or Liliaceae (Poaceae, Asteraceae or Brassicaceae can be substituted in case of particular geographical location) including dissection and display of floral whorls, anther and ovary to show number of chambers (floral formulae and floral diagrams).
2. Study of osmosis by Potato osmometer.
A: List of Experiments Term II:
3. Separation of plant pigments through paper chromatography.
4. Study of the rate of respiration in flower buds/leaf tissue and germinating seeds.
5. Test for presence of sugar in urine.
6. Test for presence of albumin in urine.
B. Study/Observer of the following (spotting) Term 1
1. Parts of a compound microscope.
2. Specimens/slides/models and identification with reasons – Bacteria, Oscillatoria, Spirogyra, Rhizopus, mushroom, yeast, liverwort, moss, fern, pine, one monocotyledonous plant, one dicotyledonous plant and one lichen.
3. Virtual specimens/slides/models and identifying features of – Amoeba, Hydra, liverfluke, Ascaris, leech, earthworm, prawn, silkworm, honeybee, snail, starfish, shark, rohu, frog, lizard, pigeon and rabbit.
B. Study/Observer of the following (spotting) Term 2
4. Tissues and diversity in shape and size of animal cells (squamous epithelium, smooth, skeletal and cardiac muscle fibers and mammalian blood smear) through temporary/permanent slides.
5. Mitosis in onion root tip cells and animal cells (grasshopper) from permanent slides.
Visit CBSE Syllabus page to get syllabus of all subjects from Classes 1 to 12. Get access to interactive lessons and study videos with the BYJU’S App/ Tablet.