Knowing the CBSE class 11 Biology syllabus is a crucial part of exam preparation. Just randomly studying will not help students. They need to be focused on their studies and cover topics mentioned in the CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Biology. It will provide the information on the course structure, distribution of marks for each topic and subtopics and time duration required to cover a topic. The Biology question paper is prepared according to the syllabus. So, students must go through the CBSE Class 11 Biology Syllabus before creating their study plan.
Students can directly access the CBSE Biology Syllabus for Class 11 academic years by clicking on the links below.
- CBSE Class 11 Biology Syllabus for Academic Year 2020-21
- CBSE Class 11 Biology Syllabus for Academic Year 2021-22
Here, we have provided the revised CBSE syllabus for Class 11 Biology for the academic year 2020-2021. It also includes practical syllabus, assignments and projects information. Studying as per the syllabus will surely help students to increase their scores.
Students can download the CBSE Board Class 11 Biology latest syllabus for the academic year 2020-2021 in pdf format from the link mentioned above. The board has reduced the syllabus by 30% due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. The schools have also remained closed for a long time. So, the reduced Class 11 Biology Syllabus 2021 has helped students to study themselves and complete the syllabus.
Unit-wise CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Biology with Marking Scheme 2021
Students can have a look at the unit wise mark allocation of CBSE Class 11 Biology Syllabus in the table below.
|I||Diversity of Living Organisms||15|
|II||Structural Organisation in Plants and Animals||08|
|III||Cell: Structure and Function||15|
Students can also have a look at syllabus of all the subjects by visiting CBSE Class 11 Syllabus page at BYJU’S. They can also find the deleted portion of the Biology syllabus 2020-21 pdf from the link below:
CBSE Class 11 Biology Practical Syllabus with Marks Weightage
|One Major Experiment Part A (Experiment No- 1,3)||5|
|One Minor Experiment Part A (Experiment No- 4,5, 6)||4|
|Slide Preparation Part A (Experiment No- 2)||5|
|Spotting Part B||7|
|Practical Record + Viva Voce||Credit to the students’ work over the academic session may be given||4|
|Project Record + Viva Voce||5|
CBSE Class 11 Biology Practicals
A: List of Experiments
1. Study and describe a locally available common flowering plant, from any one family: Solanaceae or Liliaceae (Poaceae, Asteraceae or Brassicaceae can be substituted in case of particular geographical location) including dissection and display of floral whorls, anther and ovary to show number of chambers (floral formulae and floral diagrams).
2. Study of distribution of stomata in the upper and lower surfaces of leaves.
3. Separation of plant pigments through paper chromatography.
4. Study of the rate of respiration in flower buds/leaf tissue and germinating seeds.
5. Test for presence of sugar in urine.
6. Test for presence of albumin in urine.
B. Study/Observer of the following (spotting)
1. Parts of a compound microscope.
2. Specimens/slides/models and identification with reasons – Bacteria, Oscillatoria, Spirogyra, Rhizopus, mushroom, yeast, liverwort, moss, fern, pine, one monocotyledonous plant, one dicotyledonous plant and one lichen.
3. Virtual specimens/slides/models and identifying features of – Amoeba, Hydra, liverfluke, Ascaris, leech, earthworm, prawn, silkworm, honeybee, snail, starfish, shark, rohu, frog, lizard, pigeon and rabbit.
4. Tissues and diversity in shape and size of animal cells (squamous epithelium, smooth, skeletal and cardiac muscle fibers and mammalian blood smear) through temporary/permanent slides.
5. Mitosis in onion root tip cells and animal cells (grasshopper) from permanent slides.
CBSE Class 11 Biology Syllabus for Academic Year 2021-22
The CBSE has released the latest CBSE Class 11 Syllabus for the academic year 2021-22 officially on their site. Meanwhile, students can also download the Biology syllabus pdf of Class 11 Biology from the link given below.
CBSE Class 11 Biology Course Structure 2021-22
|Units||Titles||No. of Periods||Marks|
|I||Diversity of Living Organisms||27||12|
|II||Structural Organisation in Plants and Animals||27||12|
|III||Cell: Structure and Functions||26||12|
Visit CBSE Syllabus page to get syllabus of all subjects from Classes 1 to 12. Get access to interactive lessons and study videos with the BYJU’S App/ Tablet.