Exams play a very significant role in all our lives and it is the stepping stone to a student’s future. Scoring good marks is the greatest desire of every student and it does not matter how they performed throughout their school life. An academic excellence is often judged by their performance in the final exams.
Even though CBSE class 9 is not considered as the board exams, it is the foundation for higher classes, as it provides the basic knowledge about every concept in the syllabus of class 10, 11 and 12. As there will be a lot of syllabi to be covered in a short period of time, it is necessary to focus on one’s studies and understand every concept.
Here are a few tips and strategies which might be helpful to improve your performance and result in your CBSE class 9 Exams.
- The first and the foremost tips to be followed while preparing for exams is preparing a timetable or a study plan by allotting equal time for all the main subjects including English, Languages, Maths, Science and Social science. This ensures that you study every subject evenly throughout the week and will reduce the stress.
- Select the study atmosphere in which you feel comfortable to study and stay away from all sorts of distractions. Keep all your mobiles and laptops away from your study room.
- Study effectively by dividing the study materials. Always keep a sheet of paper to make a note of important points, definitions, chemical reactions, and formulae. At the same time, start your preparation with an easy and perfect topic as your interest and the concentration will increase.
- Start preparing for an exam a month before won’t fetch you with good rank. So study on a regular basis by being regular to the class.
- Never ignore any topic, as every topic in your syllabus is important. Therefore, understand every concept, discuss with your friends and reach your seniors or lectures to solve your doubts.
- Apart from other study materials, refer more NCERT textbooks for accurate information. Most of the questions in CBSE exams are directly asked from these NCERT books.
- The best way of preparing for exams is by having self-test, by practicing CBSE Sample papers and previous year question papers. By solving them, a student gets an idea of the time management and can improve their preparation by allotting certain time for each topic.
- Always remember to practice more by writing rather than telling orally, as writing benefits one to remember the important points and improve the spellings, grammars, and handwriting. Solving more model papers helps in managing time limit for each question which provides the preview of the final exam question paper.
- Revision is the key to success. Revise all important questions, running notes and spend more time in recollecting and discussing the answers, formulae, equations and more diagrams as they are very important both in theory and practical exams.
- Lastly, try to finish the CBSE Class 9 syllabus a month before the exams as you will be having sufficient time for revisions and discussions. Never stress yourselves, have a proper diet, adequate amount of sleep and regular workouts for good health.
Hope these preparation tips help to score well in your exams. All the best!