Exams play a very significant role in all our lives, and it is the stepping stone to a student’s future. Scoring good marks is the greatest desire of every student, and it does not matter how they perform throughout their school life. Academic excellence is often judged by their performance in the final exams. Even though CBSE Class 9 is not considered the board exam, it is the foundation for higher classes, as it provides the basic knowledge about every concept in the syllabus of Classes 10, 11 and 12. As there will be a lot of syllabi to be covered in a short period of time, it is necessary for students to focus on their studies and understand every concept.
CBSE Class 9 Preparation Tips
Here are a few tips and strategies which will be helpful to improve your performance and result in the CBSE Class 9 exams.
- The first and foremost CBSE study tip to be followed while preparing for exams is to prepare a timetable or a study plan by allotting equal time for all the main subjects, including English, Languages, Maths, Science and Social science. This ensures that you study every subject evenly throughout the week, which will reduce stress.
- Select the study atmosphere in which you feel comfortable studying and stay away from all sorts of distractions. Keep your mobiles and laptops away from your study room.
- Study effectively by preparing chapter-wise notes. Always keep a sheet of paper to make a note of important points, definitions, chemical reactions, and formulae. At the same time, start your preparation with an easy and perfect topic, as your interest and concentration will increase.
- Starting the exam preparation a month before won’t fetch you with good rank. So, study on a regular basis by being regular in class.
- Never ignore any topic, as every topic in the syllabus is important. Therefore, understand every concept, discuss it with your friends and reach your seniors or teachers to solve your doubts.
- Apart from other study materials, refer to NCERT textbooks for accurate information. Most of the questions in CBSE exams are directly asked from these NCERT books.
- The best way of preparing for exams is by having a self-test by practising CBSE Sample papers and previous years’ question papers. By solving them, students get an idea of time management and can improve their preparation by allotting specific time for each topic.
- Always remember to practise more by writing rather than telling orally, as writing benefits one to remember the important points and improve spelling, grammar, and handwriting. Solving more model papers helps in managing the time limit for each question which provides a preview of the final exam question paper.
- Revision is the key to success. Revise all the important topics, prepare notes and spend more time recollecting and discussing the answers, formulae, equations and more diagrams, as they are very important both in theory and practical exams.
- Lastly, try to finish the CBSE Class 9 syllabus a month before the exams, as you will have sufficient time for revisions and discussions. Never stress yourselves, have a proper diet, and get an adequate amount of sleep and regular workouts for good health.
Hope these preparation tips help to score well in your CBSE final exams. All The Best for the Exam!