CBSE Class 1 Maths Syllabus is an interesting subject for students as they get to learn basic concepts of Mathematics in a fun and innovative way. The Class 1 CBSE syllabus of Maths covers chapters such as shapes, addition, subtraction, etc., prepared by the CBSE Board. The CBSE Class 1 Maths is all about learning the concepts of Mathematics in a simple way. CBSE Class 1 students can download the Maths syllabus for the academic year 2023-2024 from the link provided below.
2023-24 CBSE Class 1 Maths Syllabus
Have a look at the CBSE Syllabus of Class 1 Maths below.
Geometry (10 hrs.)
a) Shapes and Spatial Understanding
Develops and uses vocabulary of spatial relationship (Top, Bottom, On, Under, Inside, Outside, Above, Below, Near, Far, Before, After)
b) Solids Around Us
- Collects objects from the surroundings having different sizes and shapes like pebbles, boxes, balls, cones, pipes,
- Sorts, Classifies and describes the objects on the basis of shapes, and other observable properties.
- Observes and describes the way shapes affect movements like rolling and sliding.
- Sorts 2 – D shapes such as flat objects made of card etc.
Numbers (46 hrs.)
a) Developing a sense of Numberness, Counting and Operations of Numbers 1-9 and Zero
- Observes object and makes collections of objects.
- Arranges the collection of objects in order by
– Matching and
– One to one correspondence
- Counts the number of objects in a collection.
- Makes collection of objects corresponding to a specific number.
- Recognises and speaks numbers from 1 to 9.
- Uses numbers from 1 to 9 in counting and comparison. (Real objects and repeated events like clapping to be used for counting)
- Reads and writes numerals from 1 to 9.
- Adds and subtracts using real objects and pictures.
- Adds and subtracts the numbers using symbols ‘+’ and ‘-’.
- Approaches zero through the subtraction pattern (such as 3 – 1 = 2, 3 – 2 = 1, 3 – 3 = 0).
b) Numbers from (10 – 20)
- Forms Number sequence from 10 to 20.
- Counts objects using these numbers.
- Groups objects into a group of 10s and single objects.
- Develops the vocabulary of group of ‘tens’ and ‘ones’.
- Shows the group of tens and ones by drawing.
- Counts the number of tens and ones in a given number.
- Writes the numerals for eleven to nineteen.
- Writes numerals for ten and twenty.
- Compares numbers upto 20.
c) Addition And Subtraction (Upto 20)
Adds and subtracts numbers upto 20.
d) Numbers from 21 – 99
- Writes numerals for Twenty-one to Ninety nine. Groups objects into tens and ones.
- Draws representation for groups of ten and ones.
- Groups a number orally into tens and ones.
e) Mental Arithmetic
Adds two single digit numbers mentally.
Money (3 hrs.)
a) Identifies common currency notes and coins.
b) Puts together small amounts of money.
Measurement (13 hrs.)
- Distinguishes between near, far, thin, thick, longer/taller, shorter, high, low.
- Seriates objects by comparing their length.
- Measures short lengths in terms of non-uniform units (in the context of games e.g. ‘Gilli Danda’ and ‘marblegames’).
- Estimates distance and length, and verifies using nonuniform units (e.g. hand span etc.)
Compares between heavy and light objects.
- Distinguishes between events occurring in time using terms -earlier and later.
- Gets the qualitative feel of long & short duration, of school days v/s holidays.
- Narrates the sequence of events in a day.
Data Handling (6 hrs.)
Collects, represents and interprets simple data such as measuring the arm length or circumference of the head using a paper strip.
Patterns (10 hrs.)
- Describes sequences of simple patterns found in shapes in the surroundings and in numbers, e.g. stamping
activity using fingers and thumb.
- Completes a given sequence of simple patterns found in shapes in the surroundings and in numbers.
CBSE Class 1 Maths Syllabus Chapter List
Get the latest syllabus of CBSE Class 1 Maths for the academic year 2023-2024. The CBSE Syllabus for Class 2 Maths covers the following topics.
Chapter 1: Shapes and Spaces
Chapter 2: Numbers from One to Nine
Chapter 3: Addition
Chapter 4: Subtraction
Chapter 5: Numbers from Ten to Twenty
Chapter 6: Time
Chapter 7: Measurement
Chapter 8: Numbers from Twenty-one to Fifty
Chapter 9: Data Handling
Chapter 10: Patterns
Chapter 11: Numbers
Chapter 12: Money
Chapter 13: How Many
We hope students have found this information on “CBSE Class 1 Maths Syllabus” helpful for their studies. They can also access the CBSE Syllabus for class 1 to 12. Keep learning and stay tuned for further updates on CBSE. Download BYJU’S App and subscribe to YouTube channel to access interactive Maths and Science videos.