Rainwater harvesting is the act of collecting rainwater. The rainwater is stored for various kinds of use and can be filled into the groundwater apart from water tanks and other means of storage.
To make a water harvesting model.
- Two-litre bottle and a pop bottle
- A tape and a box
- A ruler
- Hard and waterproof object
- You can take a cardboard box to make a model house.
- Punch two holes in a two-litre bottle, one at the bottom and the other at the top.
- Tape the ruler at a 90-degree angle over the box.
- Place the flat, hard and waterproof object on a slope.
- Place the pop bottle under the edge of the waterproof roof.
Now fill the bottle with water and some of that water gets collected into the pop bottle when flown down over the roof. By this, you have collected the rainwater and a water harvesting system is developed.