In today’s digital world, Computer Science, as a subject is gaining importance in the educational field. Class 11 Computer science syllabus covers topics such as computer systems and organization, data management, etc which gives a basic understanding of the terms related to Computer Science. CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Computer Science for academic year 2021-2022 is designed by subject experts after a detailed study and research. The CBSE Syllabus also mentions the marks distribution and time duration for each topic. It also includes practical syllabus, assignments, and projects that need to be done in that particular academic year.
Given below the CBSE Class 11 Computer Science theory as well as practical syllabus for the academic year 2021-22.
CBSE Class 11 Computer Science Syllabus and Marking Scheme
|Unit No.||Unit Name||Marks||Periods|
|1.||Computer Systems and Organisation||10||10||5|
|2.||Computational Thinking and Programming – 1||45||50||35|
|3.||Society, Law and Ethics||15||20||—|
Term Wise Marks Distribution of CBSE Class 11 Computer Science Syllabus
|Unit No.||Unit Name||Term 1||Term 2|
|1.||Computer Systems and Organisation||10||—|
|2.||Computational Thinking and Programming – 1||25||20|
|3.||Society, Law and Ethics||—||15|
To know the syllabus of all the subjects of class 11 visit CBSE Class 11 Syllabus page at BYJU’S.
Term Wise Practical Syllabus for Computer Science Along with Marking Scheme
|S. No.||Area||Marks (Total=30)||Term 1 (15 Marks)||Term 2 (15 Marks)|
|2.||Report file: Minimum 20 Python programs
Term- 1 : Minimum 10 programs based on Term – 1 Syllabus
Term- 2 : Minimum 10 programs based on Term – 2 Syllabus
|3.||Project + Viva voce
Term – 1 : Synopsis of the project to be submitted by the students (documentation only)
Term – 2 : Final coding + Viva voce (Student will be allowed to modify their Term 1 document and submit the final executable code.)
Suggested Practical List for Term 1
Input a welcome message and display it
- Input two numbers and display the larger / smaller number.
- Input three numbers and display the largest / smallest number.
- Generate the following patterns using nested loop
- Write a program to input the value of x and n and print the sum of the following series:
- Determine whether a number is a perfect number, an armstrong number or a palindrome.
- Input a number and check if the number is a prime or composite number.
- Display the terms of a Fibonacci series.
- Compute the greatest common divisor and least common multiple of two integers.
- Count and display the number of vowels, consonants, uppercase, lowercase characters in string.
- Input a string and determine whether it is a palindrome or not; convert the case of characters in a string.
Suggested Practical List for Term 2
- Find the largest/smallest number in a list/tuple
- Input a list of numbers and swap elements at the even location with the elements at the odd location.
- Input a list/tuple of elements, search for a given element in the list/tuple.
- Input a list of numbers and find the smallest and largest number from the list.
- Create a dictionary with the roll number, name and marks of n students in a class and display the names of students who have scored marks above 75.
Learn Maths & Science in interactive & a fun-loving way with BYJU’S App/Tablet.