In today’s digital world, Computer Science, as a subject is gaining importance in the educational field. Class 11 Computer science syllabus covers topics such as computer systems and organization, data management, etc which gives a basic understanding of the terms related to computer science. CBSE syllabus for Class 11 computer science for academic year 209-2020 is designed by subject experts after a detailed study and research. The syllabus also mentions the marks distribution and time duration for each topic. It also includes practical syllabus, assignments, and projects that need to be done in that particular academic year.
Given below the CBSE Class 11 Computer Science theory as well as practical syllabus for the academic year 2019-2020.
Computer Science Syllabus and Marking Scheme
|1.||Computer Systems and Organisation||10||10||2|
|2.||Computational Thinking andProgramming||35||60||45|
|3.||Data Management – 1||15||30||23|
|4.||Society, Law and Ethics – 1||10||10||—|
To know the syllabus of all the subjects of class 11 visit CBSE Class 11 Syllabus page at BYJU’S.
Practical Syllabus for Computer Science Along with Marking Scheme
|1.||Lab Test (12 marks)|
|Python program (60% logic + 20% documentation + 20% code quality)||8|
|SQL program (at least 4 queries)||4|
|2.||Report File + viva (10 marks)|
|Report file: Minimum 20 Python programs and 8 SQL commands||7|
|Viva voce (based on the report file)||3|
|3.||Project (that uses most of the concepts that have been learnt)
(See CS-XII for the rules regarding the projects)
Programming in Python: At least the following Python concepts should be covered in the lab sessions: expressions, conditionals, loops, list, dictionary, and strings. The following are some representative lab assignments.
- Find the largest and smallest numbers in a list.
- Find the third largest number in a list.
- Test for primarily.
- Find whether a string is a palindrome or not.
- Given two integers x and n, compute xn.
- Compute the greatest common divisor and the least common multiple of two integers.
- Test if a number is equal to the sum of the cubes of its digits. Find the smallest and largest such numbers.
2. Data Management: SQL Commands At least the following SQL commands should be covered during the labs: create, insert, delete, select, and join. The following are some representative assignments.
- Create a student table with the student id, name, and marks as attributes where the student idis the primary key.
- Insert the details of a new student in the above table.
- Delete the details of a particular student in the above table.
- Use the select command to get the details of the students with marks more than 80.
- Create a new table (name, date of birth) by joining two tables (student id, name) and (student id, date of birth).
- Create a new table (order ID, customer Name, and order Date) by joining two tables (order ID, customer ID,and order Date) and (customer ID, customer Name, contact Name, country).
Learn Maths & Science in interactive & fun loving way with BYJU’S App/Tablet.