CBSE Class 11 Physical Education syllabus comprises all the topics and subtopics to be taught in the course during the academic year. Here, we have provided the syllabus for 2022-23 academic year. It contains summaries and chapters to be studied during the learning process and all the necessary information needed by a teacher and a student. Along with the theory part, the syllabus also provides information about the practical. Also the marking scheme of CBSE Class 11 Physical Education subject is available on the syllabus pdf. Students of CBSE board Class 11 should have a strong grasp of the Physical Education syllabus to score good marks in their exam.
CBSE Class 11 Physical Education Syllabus for 2022-23
Students can access CBSE Syllabus of Class 11 Physical Education of theory and practical exam for the academic year 2022-23. The theory paper of Class 11 Physical Education subject is of 70 marks. Students can download the syllabus pdf and go through it to plan their studies.
Unit I Changing Trends & Career in Physical Education
- Concept, Aims & Objectives of Physical Education
- Changing Trends in Sports- playing surface, wearable gears and sports equipment, technological advancements
- Career Options in Physical Education
- Khelo-India Program
Unit II Olympic
- Ancient and Modern Olympics
- Olympism – Concept and Olympics Values (Excellence, Friendship & Respect)
- Olympics – Symbols, Motto, Flag, Oath, and Anthem
- Olympic Movement Structure – IOC, NOC, IFS, Other members
Unit III Yoga
- Meaning & Importance of Yoga
- Introduction to Ashtanga Yoga
- Introduction to Yogic Kriyas (Shat Karma)
Unit IV Physical Education & Sports for CWSN (Children With Special Needs- Divyang)
- Concept of Disability and Disorder
- Types of Disability, its causes & nature (Intellectual disability, Physical disability)
- Aim & Objective of Adaptive Physical Education
- Role of various professionals for children with special needs (Counsellor, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Physical Education Teacher, Speech Therapist & special Educator)
Unit V Physical Fitness, Health and Wellness
- Meaning and Importance of Wellness, Health and Physical Fitness
- Components/Dimensions of Wellness, Health and Physical Fitness
- Traditional Sports & Regional Games for promoting wellness
Unit VI Test, Measurement & Evaluation
- Concept of Test, Measurement & Evaluation in Physical Education & sports.
- Classification of Test in Physical Education and Sports.
- Test administration guidelines in physical education and sports
Unit VII Fundamentals of Anatomy, Physiology in Sports
- Definition and Importance of Anatomy, Physiology & Kinesiology
- Function of Skeleton System, Classification of Bones & Types of Joints
- Properties and Functions of Muscles
- Function & Structure of Respiratory System and Circulatory System
Unit VIII Fundamentals of Kinesiology and Biomechanics in Sports
- Definition and Importance of Kinesiology and Biomechanics in sports
- Principles of Biomechanics
- Types of Body Movements – Flexion, Extension, Abduction, Adduction, Rotation, Circumduction, Supination & Pronation
- Axis and Planes – Concept and its application in body movements
Unit IX Psychology & Sports
- Definition & Importance of Psychology in Physical Education & Sports
- Adolescent Problems & Their Management
- Team Cohesion and Sports
Unit X Training and Doping in Sports
- Concept and Principles of Sports Training
- Training Load: Over Load, Adaptation, and Recovery
- Concept of Doping and its disadvantages
Practical Max. Marks 30
01. Physical Fitness Test – 6 Marks
02. Proficiency in Games and Sports (Skill of any one Game of choice from the given list*)- 7 Marks
03. Yogic Practices – 7 Marks
04. Record File ** – 5 Marks
05. Viva Voce (Health/ Games & Sports/ Yoga) – 5 Marks
Record File shall include:
- Practical-1: Labelled diagram of 400 M Track & Field with computations.
- Practical-2: Describe Changing Trends in Sports & Games in terms of changes in Playing surface, Wearable gears, Equipment, Technological advancements.
- Practical-3: Labelled diagram of field & equipment of any one IOA recognised Sport/Game of choice.
We hope this information on Physical Education Class 11 CBSE Syllabus have helped students in their exam preparation. Keep learning and stay tuned to BYJU’S for latest update on CBSE/ICSE/State Board/Government exams.