CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Preparation Tips will help you obtain a good score in the board exam. Scoring marks in Mathematics is easy if you put some extra effort into it. The subject is based on calculation and problem-solving, so understanding the concepts plays a significant role. Suppose you think that just mugging up the formulas and studying a few months before the exam will help you fetch good scores, then this is just an illusion. Maths is a subject that is all about practice. In this article, we have summed up some of the important Maths CBSE study tips which will help students in their preparation for the Maths subject from the beginning of the academic session to the last day of the examination.
Maths Exam Tips for Class 10
We have divided the Maths preparation tips into three broad categories, which are as follows:
- The initial days of preparation
- Preparation during mid of the academic session
- Last-minute preparation before a few months of board exams
The Initial Days of Preparation for CBSE Class 10 Maths
The initial days are very precious as you have just got into Class 10. You don’t have any exam pressure. Use this time to grasp the concepts and make a good hold on the basics of Mathematics.
1) Get acquainted with the exam pattern: You must understand the Class 10 Maths exam pattern at the beginning of the academic session. It will make you familiar with the question paper pattern, such as the number of very short answer questions, short answer questions, and long answer questions. Also, you get to know the section-wise marks distribution.
2) Know the Maths syllabus: Know the CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus in the beginning of the academic session. It will help you make a better study plan for yourself. Also, you get to know the number of chapters and topics that needs to be completed in the entire session. You must try to complete the syllabus at the end of December month so that you can have enough time for revision and practice.
3) Remember formulas: Make a separate notebook for the formulas. Make sure that these formulas are at your fingertips. This will help you remember the important formulas from all chapters and thus save time in the exam while solving the questions.
4) Make a study schedule: Always make a proper schedule before you start studying. Making schedules will keep you on the right path and help you study at a constant pace. Allocate at least 1 hour for practising Mathematics daily. If you are weak in Maths subject, then you can devote more time to it.
CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Preparation during Middle of the Session
1) Solve all the exercise problems of the NCERT Book: Whatever is taught in the class, try solving questions related to that topic from the NCERT Class 10 Maths Book. For more practice, you can also refer to other books such as RD Sharma but firstly, solve the exercise questions of the NCERT textbook.
2) Study in a group: Studying in groups is always an advantage. But you should be good enough to choose your friends who will help with your studies instead of wasting your time on other activities. Choose the right friend circle and discuss the problems among yourselves. Find out the easiest way of solving the problem. In case you can’t find the solution, then ask your teacher.
3) Explain to others: Whenever you are doing a group study, ask your friends to study different chapters so that when all of you are done studying, then each one of you can teach something new to each other. Doing this activity will help you to learn the entire topic in a detailed way. Also, the topics will last in your memory for a longer time as you have taught them to your friend.
To Know How to Maximise your Score in the Class 10 Maths Exam, Watch the Below Video:
Last-minute Preparation before the Class 10 Maths Board Exam
By this time, you must have completed your Maths syllabus and hardly be left with 1 or 2 months for the exam. This is high time when you focus purely on the revision. Here are a few methods that will help in giving the last touch to your Maths preparation.
1) Solve previous years’ questions and sample papers: Solving previous years’ questions and sample papers will help to get acquainted with the types of questions asked in the examination. After solving CBSE Class 10 previous year questions, you must go through the NCERT solutions PDF to get the stepwise answer writing skills. In the board exam, marks are allocated as per the steps. So, even if the final answer is wrong due to calculation mistakes, then also you will get some marks. Moreover, in Maths papers, it’s very crucial to manage time. Thus, while solving the question papers, keep an eye on the clock and try to finish it in the allocated time. It helps you to keep track of your problem-solving speed. After solving the question paper, analyse it yourself, and check where you need improvement.
2) Take breaks while studying: When students sit in one place trying to remain focused on instructions for a long duration, it makes learning difficult; at this moment, you should try to take short breaks. Go for a walk, and exercise for a while during your study breaks. Doing 10-20 minutes of exercise in between your studies will help you to stay fit and to be mentally prepared for further studies.
3) Do revision: It’s a time when you should go through the entire syllabus of CBSE Class 10 again. While revising, give special attention to those topics which carry more marks weightage. Also, solve the important questions before the exam.
4) Take proper rest: Try not to be stressed as the exam approaches. Get a good sleep the night before the exam. Do not study any new topic on the previous day of the exam. Be relaxed and peaceful.
All these Maths exam tips will help students to write the solutions accurately and quickly, which leads to scoring good marks in the CBSE Board exam. Stay tuned and download BYJU’S – The Learning App to get all the class-wise concepts and other important Maths-related topics to learn easily by watching the interesting videos.