CBSE Class 12 Maths syllabus for the academic year 2022 – 2023 is given here for reference. Students can go through the following topic wise marking scheme and prepare for the final board examination.
Course Structure for CBSE Class 12 Maths 2022 – 2023
Time Duration: Three Hours Max. Marks: 100
|I.||Relations and Functions||08|
|IV.||Vectors and 3D Geometry||14|
CBSE Class 12 Maths 2022 – 23 Syllabus
The following are the topics and sub topics covered for the class 12 Maths syllabus 2022 – 2023:
- Types of relations: reflexive, symmetric, transitive and equivalence relations.
- One to one and onto functions.
- Concept, notation, order, equality, types of matrices, zero and identity matrix, transpose of a matrix, symmetric and skew symmetric matrices.
- Operation on matrices: Addition and multiplication and multiplication with a scalar. Simple properties of addition, multiplication and scalar multiplication.
- Non Commutativity of multiplication of matrices and existence of non-zero matrices whose product is the zero matrix.
- Invertible matrices and proof of the uniqueness of inverse.
- Determinant of a square matrix (up to 3 x 3 matrices), properties of determinants, minors, cofactors and applications of determinants in finding the area of a triangle. Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix.
- Consistency, inconsistency and number of solutions of system of linear equations by examples, solving system of linear equations in two or three variables using inverse of a matrix.
- Continuity and differentiability, derivatives of inverse trigonometric functions, derivative of implicit functions, Concept of exponential and logarithmic
- Derivatives of logarithmic and exponential functions.
- Logarithmic differentiation, derivative of functions expressed in parametric forms. Second order derivatives.
- Applications of derivatives: rate of change of bodies, increasing/decreasing functions.
- Use of derivatives in maxima and minima.
- Integration as inverse process of differentiation.
- Integration of a variety of functions by substitution, by partial fractions and by parts, Evaluation of simple integrals of the following types and problems based on them.
- Fundamental Theorem of Calculus (without proof).
- Basic properties of definite integrals and evaluation of definite integrals.
- Definition, order and degree, general and particular solutions of a differential equation.
- Solution of differential equations by method of separation of variables solutions of homogeneous differential equations of first order and first degree.
- Solutions of linear differential equation of the given type.
- Vectors and scalars, magnitude and direction of a vector, direction cosines and direction ratios of a vector.
- Types of vectors (equal, unit, zero, parallel and collinear vectors), position vector of a point, negative of a vector, components of a vector, addition of vectors, multiplication of a vector by a scalar, position vector of a point dividing a line segment in a given ratio.
- Definition, Geometrical Interpretation, properties and application of scalar (dot) product of vectors, vector (cross) product of vectors, scalar triple product of vectors.
- Direction cosines and direction ratios of a line joining two points.
- Cartesian equation and vector equation of a line, coplanar and skew lines, shortest distance between two lines, Cartesian and vector equation of a plane.
- Angle between two lines.
- Introduction, related terminology such as constraints, objective function, optimization, different types of linear programming problems.
- Mathematical formulation of L.P. Problems, graphical method of solution for problems in two variables, feasible and infeasible regions (bounded and unbounded), feasible and infeasible solutions, optimal feasible solutions (up to three non-trivial constraints).
Stay tuned to BYJU’S – The Learning App for class wise syllabus and get more updates.