Download Chapter wise NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Political Science (Civics)
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Political Science (Civics) are a helpful resource designed by a team of experienced teachers for students studies. These solutions contain the answers to exercise questions published in Class 10 Political Science textbooks ‘Democratic Politics II’. These solutions are based on the latest syllabus. The answers in NCERT Solutions Class 10 Political Science are explained in detail, which will help students to understand the topic quickly.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Political Science
Class 10 Civics book contains a total of 8 chapters. Students can access the NCERT Solutions of these Chapters by clicking on the respective Chapter link.
Overview of NCERT Class 10 Political Science Solutions Chapters
Here we are providing a summary of each Chapter.
Chapter 1: Power Sharing
First Chapter starts with two stories from Belgium and Sri Lanka. Both these stories are about how democracies handle demands for power-sharing. The stories end with a general conclusion about the need for power-sharing in democracy. Further, the chapter ends by describing the different forms of power-sharing.
Topics Covered in Class 10 Political Science Chapter 1 Power Sharing :
- Belgium and Sri Lanka
- Majoritarianism in Sri Lanka
- Accommodation in Belgium
- Why power sharing is desirable?
- Forms of Power Sharing
Chapter 2: Federalism
Chapter begins by describing federalism in general terms. The rest of the chapter tries to understand the theory and practice of federalism in India. Towards the end of the chapter, students learn about the local government, a new and third tier of Indian federalism.
Topics Covered in Class 10 Political Science Chapter 2 Federalism :
- What is Federalism?
- What make India a Federal Country?
- How is Federalism practiced?
- Decentralization in India
Chapter 3: Democracy and Diversity
Chapter 3 starts with an example of a public expression of social divisions. Then it explains how social differences can take various forms. Further, it describes how democratic politics affects and get affected by these social diversities.
Chapter 4: Gender, Religion and Caste
Social differences based on gender, religion and caste can take the form of social divisions and inequalities. In this chapter, students will understand the nature of this division and how it gets expressed in politics in India. In the end, students will get to know whether different expressions based on these differences are healthy or unhealthy in a democracy.
Topics Covered in Class 10 Political Science Chapter 4 Gender, Religion and Caste :
- Gender and Politics – Public/Private division, Women’s political representation
- Religion, Communalism and Politics – Communalism, Secular State (excluding image on page 46, 48, 49 of NCERT Textbook – Democratic Politics –II – reprinted edition 2021)
- Caste and Politics – Caste inequalities, Caste in politics, Politics in caste
Chapter 5: Popular Struggles and Movements
Fifth chapter starts with a discussion of how struggles around conflicting demands and pressures shape democracy. This helps students lead to an analysis on how an ordinary citizen can play a role in democracy. Further, the chapter discusses the indirect ways of influencing politics, through pressure groups and movements.
Chapter 6: Political Parties
This chapter will provide the answers to the questions related to Political Parties, such as why we do need political parties and how many parties we should have? The chapter describes the major national and state parties in India. Further, it explains the challenges that political parties face. The chapter ends by describing the efforts and suggestions to reform political parties and its leaders in India.
Topics Covered in Class 10 Political Science Chapter 6 Political Parties :
- Why do we need Political Parties? – Meaning, Functions, Necessity
- How many parties should we have?
- National Parties
- State Parties
- Challenges to Political Parties
- How can Parties be reformed?
Chapter 7: Outcomes of Democracy
Chapter 7 begins by stating the ways through which we can assess the outcomes of democracy. Then it describes the expected and actual outcomes of democracy in various respects: quality of government, economic well-being, inequality, social differences, conflicts and finally freedom and dignity.
Topics Covered in Class 10 Political Science Chapter 7 Outcomes of Democracy :
- How do we assess democracy’s outcomes?
- Accountable, responsive and legitimate government
- Economic growth and development
- Reduction of inequality and poverty
- Accommodation of social diversity
- Dignity and freedom of the citizens
Chapter 8: Challenges to Democracy
The chapter addresses the fundamental questions of democratic politics such as
- What are the challenges that democracy faces in our country and elsewhere?
- What can be done to reform democratic politics?
- How can our democracy become more democratic in its practice and outcomes?
This chapter explains some suggestions about how we can approach the questions of challenges and reforms. Students are advised to refer to these Class 10 Political Science Solutions while studying, as it would help them in providing additional guidance. Also, it will support them with their board exam preparation.