CBSE Physics Practicals for Class 12 are an important part of the assessment, which also adds to the subject’s final marks. As the CBSE exam approaches, students get busy preparing for different subjects. But an essential part of the CBSE exam is the CBSE Class 12 practical, which consist of 30 marks. Students must know all the experiments along with theorems, laws and numerical to understand all the concepts of CBSE 12th standard Physics in a detailed way. Students can also get the Physics Practical Class 12 pdf download for free.
The Physics Practical for Class 12 is divided into two terms, each consisting of 15 marks. In each term, two experiments (8 marks) are asked from each section in the practical exam. The experiment records and activities consist of 2 marks, and the viva on the experiment consists of 5 marks. Here, students will find all the experiments and activities to be performed in term 1 and term 2. Also, we have provided the Physics Lab Manual Class 12, which consists detailed explanation of each experiment.
CBSE Class 12 Physics Practical Experiments
Physics Practicals For Class 12 CBSE is given here so that students can understand the experiments in a better way. Students are suggested to study the theory and law behind the experiment properly from Physics Lab Manual Class 12 before performing the experiment.
Class 12 Physics Activities
CBSE Class 12 Physics Activities Term I
1. To measure the resistance and impedance of an inductor with or without an iron core.
2. To measure resistance, voltage (AC/DC), current (AC) and check continuity of a given circuit using a multimeter.
3. To assemble a household circuit comprising three bulbs, three (on/off) switches, a fuse and a power source.
4. To assemble the components of a given electrical circuit.
5. To study the variation in potential drop with the length of a wire for a steady current.
6. To draw the diagram of a given open circuit comprising at least a battery, resistor/rheostat, key, ammeter and voltmeter. Mark the components that are not connected in proper order and correct the circuit and the circuit diagram.
CBSE Class 12 Physics Activities Term II
1. To identify a diode, an LED, a resistor and a capacitor from a mixed collection of such items.
2. Use of multimeter to see the unidirectional flow of current in the case of a diode and an LED and check whether a given electronic component (e.g., diode) is in working order.
3. To study the effect of intensity of light (by varying distance of the source) on an LDR.
4. To observe refraction and lateral deviation of a beam of light incident obliquely on a glass slab.
5. To observe polarization of light using two Polaroids.
6. To observe the diffraction of light due to a thin slit.
7. To study the nature and size of the image formed by a (i) convex lens, (ii) concave mirror on a screen by using a candle and a screen (for different distances of the candle from the lens/mirror).
8. To obtain a lens combination with the specified focal length by using two lenses from the given set of lenses.
Physics Lab Manual Class 12
Observation table :
Observation table :
Stay tuned with BYJU’S to get the latest notification on CBSE along with CBSE syllabus , sample papers, marking scheme and more.