NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Geography Contemporary India-I – Free PDF Download
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Geography provides students with extensive knowledge to score well in the annual exam. The faculty mainly focus on the applications of concepts to build an informative approach among the Class 9 students. Students might find it difficult to answer the exercise questions, as the chapters are completely theoretical. The NCERT solutions help students to understand the chapter and revise the entire syllabus a few days prior to the exam.
The solutions cover all the questions given in the NCERT Class 9 textbook. If a student finds it challenging to get an answer to the question, they can refer to these solutions. Answers to these questions come with detailed step-by-step explanations from the examination perspective. Students referring to the NCERT Class 9 Social Science solutions will find it easier to fetch more marks in the exams.
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Geography
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Geography are prepared by in-house subject experts who have a vast experience in the teaching field. The PDF version of chapter-wise solutions is absolutely free to download. Students who are not able to answer the questions from the NCERT Textbook can refer to these solutions. The faculty curate the solutions in order to help students score more in the Class 9 exam, irrespective of their IQ levels.
These NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Geography also help clear any doubts that may arise regarding the subject. Students can access these chapter-wise solutions from the respective links given in the table below.
To learn most of these chapters, students are requested to first study the subject thoroughly from the textbooks. They are then advised to try and solve the solutions by themselves before checking the answers. If they are unable to solve any questions, they can learn the answers and try them again. Those who practise these NCERT Solutions regularly will find it easier to score marks in the exam.
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Geography Chapter Overview
Chapter 1: India Size and Location
This chapter takes students through an insightful journey of India’s enormous size and geographical location. The exercise contains 4 questions, and the answers to all of them are provided in the solutions. Apart from these questions, one question is based on map skills. Under the project and activity section, 2 questions are given so that students can explore more about India’s size and location.
Topics Covered in Class 9 Geography Chapter 1 India Size and Location
- India and the World
- India’s Neighbours
List of Map Items in Class 9 Geography Chapter 1 India Size and Location :
- India – States with Capitals, Tropic of Cancer, Standard Meridian (Location and Labelling)
Chapter 2: Physical Features of India
The land of India displays great physical variation. Geologically, the peninsular plateau constitutes one of the ancient landmasses on the earth’s surface. The Himalayas and the Northern Plains are the most recent landforms. In this chapter, students will learn about the physical features of India. The exercise contains 6 regular questions and one map-based question.
Topics Covered in Class 9 Geography Chapter 2 Physical Features of India
- Major Physiographic Divisions – Himalayan Mountains, Northern Plains, Peninsular Plateau, Indian Desert, Coastal Plains, Islands
List of Map Items in Class 9 Geography Chapter 2 Physical Features of India
- Mountain Ranges: The Karakoram, The Zasker, The Shivalik, The Aravali, The Vindhya, The Satpura, Western & Eastern Ghats
- Mountain Peaks – K2, Kanchan Junga, Anai Mudi
- Plateau – Deccan Plateau, Chotta Nagpur Plateau, Malwa Plateau
- Coastal Plains – Konkan, Malabar, Coromandel & Northern Circar (Location and Labelling)
Chapter 3: Drainage
The chapter will help students to understand the river system of India. The exercise questions are mainly based on topics such as the water divide, the river basin of India, peninsular rivers, the benefits of rivers and lakes and the importance of rivers for the country’s economy. A few questions are also based on maps and project activities.
Topics Covered in Class 9 Geography Chapter 3 Drainage
- Drainage Systems in India
- The Himalayan Rivers – Ganga and Brahmaputra River System
- The Peninsular Rivers – Narmada Basin, Tapti Basin, Godavari Basin, Mahanadi Basin, Krishna Basin, Kaveri Basin
- Role of Rivers in the Economy
- River Pollution
List of Map Items in Class 9 Geography Chapter 3 Drainage
- Rivers: (Identification only)
- The Himalayan River Systems – The Indus, The Ganges, and The Satluj
- The Peninsular rivers – The Narmada, The Tapi, The Kaveri, The Krishna, The Godavari, The Mahanadi
- Lakes: Wular, Pulicat, Sambhar, Chilika
Chapter 4: Climate
The world is divided into a number of climatic regions. In this chapter, students will learn about the type of climate that India has and why it is so. At the end of the chapter, the exercise consists of 8 questions. Out of which, one is MCQ type, some are short answer questions, some are based on the reasons, and some are descriptive ones.
Topics Covered in Class 9 Geography Chapter 4 Climate
- Climatic Controls
- Factors influencing India’s climate – Latitude, Altitude, Pressure and Winds (excluding Jet Streams and Western Cyclonic Disturbances and related figures)
- The Seasons – Cold Weather Season, Hot Weather Season, Advancing Monsoon, Retreating/Post Monsoons
- Distribution of Rainfall
- Monsoon as a Unifying Bond
List of Map Items in Class 9 Geography Chapter 4 Climate
- Areas receiving rainfall less than 20 cm and over 400 cm (Identification only)
Chapter 5: Natural Vegetation and Wildlife
India has a wide variety of flora and fauna, forests and wildlife. In this chapter, students will learn about them in-depth. The chapter also consists of 2 maps, one explaining India’s Natural Vegetation and the other explaining India’s Wildlife Reserves. The exercise has 6 questions, out of which one is an MCQ, one is a short answer question, and one is based on distinguishing between two topics, and the remaining questions are descriptive in nature.
Topics Covered in Class 9 Geography Chapter 5 Natural Vegetation and Wildlife
- Types of Vegetation – Tropical Evergreen Forests, Tropical Deciduous Forests, Thorn Forests and Shrubs, Montane Forests, Mangrove Forests
- Wild Life
List of Map Items in Class 9 Geography Chapter 5 Natural Vegetation and Wildlife
- Vegetation Type: Tropical Evergreen Forest, Tropical Deciduous Forest, Thorn Forest, Montane Forests and Mangrove – For identification only
- National Parks: Corbett, Kaziranga, Ranthambore, Shivpuri, Kanha, Simlipal & Manas
- Bird Sanctuaries: Bharatpur and Ranganthitto
- Wild Life Sanctuaries: Sariska, Mudumalai, Rajaji, Dachigam (Location and Labelling)
Chapter 6: Population
The population is a pivotal element in Social Studies. It is the point of reference from which all other elements are observed. ‘Resources’, ‘calamities’ and ‘disasters’ are all meaningful only in relation to human beings. Their numbers, distribution, growth and characteristics or qualities provide the basic background for understanding and appreciating all aspects of the environment. So, in this chapter, students will get to know how the population plays an important role in the development of India. The exercise has 6 questions, and students can find the answers to all of the solutions through the links provided above.
Topics Covered in Class 9 Geography Chapter 6 Population
- Population Size and Distribution – India’s Population Size and Distribution by Numbers, India’s Population Distribution by Density
- Population Growth and Processes of Population Change – Population Growth, Processes of Population Change/Growth
List of Map Items in Class 9 Geography Chapter 6 Population
- The state having the highest and lowest density of population (location and labelling)
Apart from the solutions, there are other NCERT resources for the students, which will help them prepare better for the exam. After grasping the concepts from the NCERT Book, students must solve the NCERT Exemplar. The questions provided in the exemplar are of a higher level, which will enhance their analytical and aptitude skills. Other than exemplars, students can also solve the RD Sharma, and RS Aggarwal books for more practice.
For more knowledge about the NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Social Science, students can access the links which are provided below.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 9 History
- NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Political Science
- NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Economics
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Geography
Are the NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Geography ample for students preparing for their final examinations?
What are the advantages of using NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Geography?
1. All the solutions are written in simple language to aid students in comprehending the key topics.
2. Diagrams and maps are rendered in solutions to improve the visual learning skills of the students.
3. NCERT Solutions are framed as per the latest CBSE guidelines and exam patterns.
4. Both book-wise and chapter-wise answers are available for the textbook questions.