NCERT Class 6 Maths Syllabus is an essential resource for the students. Through syllabus, they get to know the chapters and topics to be studied in the academic session. This helps students in creating an effective study time table for themselves. They read a topic or a chapter before it is being taught in the class. Doing so, helps students grab the topic faster as compared to others who are studying it for the first time. The NCERT Syllabus for Class 6 Maths is fully covered in NCERT Class 6 Maths textbook. So, students are recommended to follow this book and solve all the exercise problems to score high marks in the exam.
Mathematics is a subject which requires a lot of practice. Students must solve different difficulty levels of Maths questions to gain command over the subject. To keep a track of what topics students have covered, syllabus plays a significant role. So, here we have provided the NCERT Syllabus for Class 6 Maths. Students can also download the syllabus in PDF format from the link provided below.
|1||Knowing our Numbers|
|2||Playing with Numbers|
|4||Negative Numbers and Integers|
|6||Algebra: Introduction to Algebra|
|7||Ratio and Proportion|
|8||Geometry: Basic Geometrical Ideas|
Shapes (2D and 3D)
|11||Constructions (using Straight edge Scale, protractor, compasses)|
|12||Mensuration: Concept of Perimeter and Introduction to Area|
Advantages of Knowing the NCERT Class 6 Maths Syllabus
- Students get to know the course structure of Maths subjects.
- The syllabus describes the topics and concepts that are to be covered while preparing for the exam.
- A syllabus also mentions the time allocated to different units and chapters. The teachers will finish the syllabus within the allotted time duration.
- Knowing the syllabus helps in drawing up a better study plan.
- Syllabus helps in understanding the question paper design and marks distribution.
We hope students have found this information on “NCERT Class 6 Maths Syllabus” useful for their studies. Keep learning and stay tuned for further updates on CBSE and other competitive exams. Download BYJU’S App and subscribe to YouTube channel to access interactive Maths and Science videos.