NCERT Syllabus Class 6 Maths – Download Free PDF Updated for 2023 – 2024
The NCERT Syllabus for Class 6 Maths is an essential resource for students. Through NCERT Syllabus, they get to know the chapters and topics to be studied in the academic session. This helps students in creating an effective study timetable for themselves. They can read a topic or a chapter before it is taught in class. Doing so helps students grasp the topic faster as compared to others who are studying it for the first time.
The NCERT Syllabus for Class 6 Maths is fully covered in the NCERT Class 6 Maths textbook. So, students are recommended to follow this book and solve all the exercise problems to score high marks in the exam.
Mathematics is a subject which requires a lot of practice. Students must solve different difficulty levels of Maths questions to gain command over the subject. To keep track of what topics students have covered, the syllabus plays a significant role. So here, we have provided the NCERT Syllabus for Class 6 Maths. Students can also download the syllabus in PDF format from the link provided below.
Students can get free PDFs of NCERT Solutions for all the classes at BYJU’S website. The solutions are designed by an expert faculty team at BYJU’S in a unique way. Students who aim to score high marks in board exams are advised to solve the NCERT Textbook.
|1||Knowing Our Numbers|
|2||Playing with Numbers|
|4||Negative Numbers and Integers|
|6||Algebra: Introduction to Algebra|
|7||Ratio and Proportion|
|8||Geometry: Basic Geometrical Ideas (2D)|
Shapes (2D and 3D)
|11||Constructions (Using Straight edge Scale, protractor and compasses)|
|12||Mensuration: Concept of Perimeter and Introduction to Area|
Advantages of Knowing the NCERT Class 6 Maths Syllabus
- Students get to know the course structure of Maths subjects.
- The syllabus describes the topics and concepts that are to be covered while preparing for the exam.
- The syllabus also mentions the time allocated to different units and chapters. The teachers will finish the syllabus within the allotted time duration.
- Knowing the syllabus helps in preparing a better study plan.
- The syllabus helps in understanding the question paper design and marks distribution.
We hope students have found this information on the “NCERT Class 6 Maths Syllabus” useful for their studies. Keep learning and stay tuned for further updates on the CBSE and other competitive exams. Download BYJU’S – The Learning App and subscribe to the YouTube channel to access interactive Maths and Science videos.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Syllabus for Class 6 Maths
Can students rely on the NCERT Syllabus for Class 6 Maths for exam preparations?
Why should I choose the NCERT Syllabus for Class 6 Maths of BYJU’S for exam preparations?
What chapters are present in the NCERT Syllabus for Class 6 Maths?
1. Knowing Our Numbers
2. Playing with Numbers
3. Whole Numbers
4. Negative Numbers and Integers
6. Algebra: Introduction to Algebra
7. Ratio and Proportion
8. Geometry: Basic Geometrical Ideas
9. Understanding Elementary Shapes (2D and 3D)
10. Symmetry: (Reflection)
11. Constructions (Using Straight edge Scale, protractor and compasses)
12. Mensuration: Concept of Perimeter and Introduction to Area
13. Data Handling