The syllabus of Class 11 Physics CBSE Board is helpful as it provides adequate knowledge on concerned topics and units specified in the syllabus. Physics syllabus of Class 11 is designed by subject experts after a proper study and research. It includes all the necessary information that a student should know before start preparing for the Physics exam. CBSE syllabus for Class 11 Physics for the academic year 2019-2020 cover all the important topics and subtopics along with the marking scheme and time duration.
The CBSE board students can access to Class 11 latest CBSE syllabus of Physics subject along with the marking scheme and time duration.
Marking Scheme of Physics along with the Syllabus
|No. of Periods||Marks|
|Unit–I||Physical World and Measurement||10||23|
|Chapter–1: Physical World|
|Chapter–2: Units and Measurements|
|Chapter–3: Motion in a Straight Line|
|Chapter–4: Motion in a Plane|
|Unit–III||Laws of Motion||14|
|Chapter–5: Laws of Motion|
|Unit–IV||Work, Energy and Power||12||17|
|Chapter–6: Work, Energy and Power|
|Unit–V||Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||18|
|Chapter–7: System of Particles and Rotational Motion|
|Unit–VII||Properties of Bulk Matter||24||20|
|Chapter–9: Mechanical Properties of Solids|
|Chapter–10: Mechanical Properties of Fluids|
|Chapter–11: Thermal Properties of Matter|
|Unit–IX||Behaviour of Perfect Gases and Kinetic Theory of Gases||08|
|Chapter–13: Kinetic Theory|
|Unit–X||Oscillations and Waves||26||10|
Class 11 Physics Practical Syllabus
- To measure diameter of a small spherical/cylindrical body and to measure internal diameter and depth of a given beaker/calorimeter using Vernier Callipers and hence find its volume.
- To measure diameter of a given wire and thickness of a given sheet using screw gauge.
- To determine volume of an irregular lamina using screw gauge.
- To determine radius of curvature of a given spherical surface by a spherometer.
- To determine the mass of two different objects using a beam balance.
- To find the weight of a given body using parallelogram law of vectors.
- Using a simple pendulum, plot its L-T2 graph and use it to find the effective length of second’s pendulum.
- To study variation of time period of a simple pendulum of a given length by taking bobs of same size but different masses and interpret the result.
- To study the relationship between force of limiting friction and normal reaction and to find the co- efficient of friction between a block and a horizontal surface.
- To find the downward force, along an inclined plane, acting on a roller due to gravitational pull of the earth and study its relationship with the angle of inclination θ by plotting graph between force and sin θ.
- To determine Young’s modulus of elasticity of the material of a given wire.
- To find the force constant of a helical spring by plotting a graph between load and extension.
- To study the variation in volume with pressure for a sample of air at constant temperature by plotting graphs between P and V, and between P and 1/V.
- To determine the surface tension of water by capillary rise method.
- To determine the coefficient of viscosity of a given viscous liquid by measuring the terminal velocity of a given spherical body.
- To study the relationship between the temperature of a hot body and time by plotting a cooling curve.
- To determine specific heat capacity of a given solid by method of mixtures.
- To study the relation between frequency and length of a given wire under constant tension using sonometer.
- To study the relation between the length of a given wire and tension for constant frequency using sonometer.
- To find the speed of sound in air at room temperature using a resonance tube by two resonance positions.
Get access to interactive lessons and videos related to Maths and Science with BYJU’S App/ Tablet.