The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts the Class 12 board examination for all the streams. Class 12 is considered as the turning point in students academic career as the results of Class 12 will decide the future career options. By understanding the CBSE syllabus of Class 12, students can perform well in their exam and can prepare each subject accordingly. Referring the syllabus gives students the information about what topics they should begin with.
The CBSE Board Exam 2020 is to be conducted as per the CBSE syllabus and not NCERT books. Here we have provided CBSE Class 12 syllabus for all the subjects as mentioned in the official CBSE website. So, students are advised to prepare for the exam as per the syllabus mentioned here.
CBSE Class 12 Syllabus for All Subjects
The detailed CBSE syllabus for Class 12 of all the subjects is provided below. Knowing the syllabus of CBSE Class 12 will help students to plan their study schedule and to understand the topics that need to be focused more. CBSE syllabus for Class 12 is also necessary for those students who are preparing for competitive exams like JEE, NEET, etc. BYJU’S provide CBSE syllabus for Class 12 in a detailed manner along with the marking scheme. So, before starting preparing for your Class 12 CBSE board exam it is necessary to know the syllabus. Click on the link below to access the CBSE syllabus for Class 12 for all the subjects.
Assessment Scheme for CBSE Class 12 Students
In Class 12 board exam question paper is set as per the syllabus. The grades and marks are awarded on the basis of the 9-point grading system. CBSE board put all the passed students in rank order and then award grades as follow.
|CBSE Class 12 Grading Scheme|
|A-1||Top 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|A-2||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|B-1||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|B-2||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|C-1||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|C-2||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|D-1||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|D-2||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
To score more marks in Class 12 students must solve the Previous year Question Papers of CBSE Class 12.
Importance of Class 12 CBSE Syllabus
- The syllabus covers the entire course structure along with the marks weightage for each section and the time duration of it.
- The syllabus also explains the question paper format which helps students to know what type of questions they can expect from each topic.
- The exam papers are prepared according to the CBSE board Class 12 syllabus so knowing the syllabus will help students to prepare for the board exam accordingly.
- It helps students to prepare effectively for their Class 12 board so that they don’t skip any important topic.
- A syllabus is a well-constructed course planning tool which not only helps students but also teachers.
Get access to interactive videos related to Maths and Science with BYJU’S App/Tablet.