Aspiring candidates who aim to work at State Bank of India as a Probationary Officer should carefully examine the SBI PO eligibility criteria properly before applying for the SBI PO job posting.
In this article, we’ll cover the detailed list of SBI PO eligibility including the educational qualifications, SBI PO age limit, upper age limit and the total number of attempts which are required to be fulfilled before applying for the SBI PO exam.
To know more about other bank exams, check at the linked article.
The SBI PO notification clearly mentions that eligibility criteria in detail:
- Educational Qualification
- SBI PO Age Limit
- Number of Attempts
To explore more about other Govt Exams, check at the linked article.
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants can go through the detailed SBI PO eligibility criteria given below and also download the SBI PO Eligibility PDF for easy reference.
To know more about other SBI exams, check at the linked article.
Top Bank Exams Articles:
A candidate who is aspiring to apply for SBI PO exam must be an Indian citizen.
Mandatory Educational Qualifications
- Candidates must hold a Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification which is recognised by the Central Government. They should ensure that the passing certificate should indicate the degree pass date in it.
- Prospective applicants who are in the Final Year/ Semester of their Graduation may also apply on a provisional basis. However, this is subject to the condition that at the time of the interview, they’ll need to produce proof that they have passed the graduation examination.
To explore the SBI PO Notification in detail, check at the linked article.
- Candidates who have an Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate need to ensure that the date of passing of the IDD is as mentioned in the notification.
- Candidates who possess Chartered Accountancy qualification are also eligible to apply.
- As per the SBI PO qualification criteria, the candidates should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation degree and calculate it to the nearest two decimals in the application form. For cases where CGPA is awarded, applicants should convert the grade into percentage and indicate it in the online application form.
- For the SBI PO eligibility percentage, candidates with less than 60% in their graduation are also eligible to take the SBI PO exam. No minimum percentage in Graduation is prescribed by the State Bank of India for the SBI Probationary Officer (PO) exam.
To know about SBI PO Recruitment in detail, check at the linked article.
SBI PO Age Limit
Candidates applying for the SBI PO exam should not be below 21 years and not above 30 years.
There is some age relaxation in the Upper age limit for the SBI PO exam. Check the list updated below:
|Sl. No.||Category||Age relaxation|
|1.||Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||5 Years|
|2.||Persons With Disabilities (PWD) – PWD (SC/ ST)
– PWD (OBC)
– PWD (Gen/ EWS)
|3.||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 Years|
|4.||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989||5 Years|
|5.||Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within 6 months from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment||5 Years|
To stay updated about the latest SBI PO exam dates, check at the linked article.
Note: The Cumulative Age Relaxation will not be available either under any of the above items or in combination with any other items.
However, there are some PO eligibility conditions for some candidates who are not qualified for the SBI Probationary Officer (PO) post. This includes:
- Candidates who have a record of default in repayment of loans/have an adverse report from CIBIL, or credit card dues are not eligible for appointment.
- Candidates who have adverse reports regarding moral turpitude, inappropriate character and antecedents are not eligible to apply for this post.
To explore the SBI eligibility criteria of other exams, check at the linked article.
Total Number of Attempts
The total number of attempts that candidates can give the SBI PO exam is restricted on the basis of category. Given below is the list of total attempts as per category:
|Sl. No.||Category||Attempt Limit|
|2.||Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||No limit|
|3.||OBC/ General (PWD)/ OBC (PWD)||7 attempts|
Wondering how to kickstart your bank exam preparation? Check out BYJU’S course materials which are extensive in nature and help you to understand core concepts in a simple manner.
Watch out this space for more content on other upcoming bank exams.
SBI PO Eligibility – PwD Candidates Reservations
SBI sets certain conditions for Persons with Disabilities to fulfill SBI PO eligibility. As per government guidelines, vacancies are reserved for persons who are Physically Challenged under Section 33 of the RPWD Act.
Candidates who are hearing impaired, Visually Impaired and orthopedically handicapped are eligible to apply for the exam. Details of SBI PO eligibility for PwD candidates are as mentioned below:
OH – Orthopedically Handicapped: Only those candidates with a locomotor disability or cerebral palsy with impairment of a minimum 40% fall in the following categories of the disabled are eligible to apply for SBI PO exam.
- OL – One leg affected either left or right
- OA – One arm affected either left or right
- BL- Both legs affected but not arms
- OAL- One arm & One Leg affected
VI – Visually Impaired: persons suffering from any of the following conditions fulfill the SBI exam eligibility under the reserved category.
- Total absence of sight
- Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen)
- Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degrees
HI – Hearing Impaired: Hearing impairment means loss of 60 decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
Person whose sense of hearing is non-functional for ordinary reasons of life or has totally lost hearing ability of both ears, OR who can’t hear sounds at all even with amplified speech.
Scribe Services – SBI PO eligibility Criteria
SBI provides the scribe assistance for candidates belonging to PwD categories. Any PwD candidate who is physically disabled 40% or more can avail scribe services, if he desires.
Such candidates are offered additional time to complete the paper. Scribe service can be availed by only those candidates who have disabilities that limit them to write including that of speed.
In all the cases where a scribe service is availed, following conditions will be applicable:
- The requirement of a scribe must be enclosed at the time of filling SBI PO Application Form.
- An undertaking as prescribed must be submitted at the time of online examination.
- A compensatory time of 20 min/hr of the exam will be available to such candidates, even if they avail the scribe service.
- The candidates have to arrange their own scribe at their own cost.