S.B.I or the State Bank of India is a Government-owned Bank of India having its headquarter in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Every year it announces vacancies for the candidates interested in Banking. This year S.B.I have notified that there are 2313 vacancies for the post of Probationary Officer (P.O). The pay scale is from Rs. 23700 – 42020. The online application process for the year 2017 starts on 7th February 2017 and ends on 6th March 2017. The application form is available in the official website of S.B.I www.sbi.co.in .
The Categorised Vacancies:
- Scheduled Caste (S.C) – 347
- Scheduled Tribe (S.T) – 350
- Other Backward Classes (O.B.C) – 606
- General – 1010
The Selection process for S.B.I P.O 2017 Recruitment
The selection process for the S.B.I P.O Recruitment 2017 is as follows,
Step 1: – Prelims or Preliminary Examination
Step 2: – Mains Examination
Step 3: – Personal Interview (P.I)
Step 4: – Document Verification
Eligibility Criteria for the S.B.I P.O Recruitment
- Educational Qualification – The candidates must have completed the graduation or must possess any equivalent degree in any field from any recognized University.
- Note: In case the candidate is in the final semester then he/she may apply for a provisional post but at the time of the interview the candidate must have a proof of passing the graduation degree.
- Age Limit – The candidate must be more than 21 years of age and less than 30 years as in 1st April 2017.
- Age Relaxation –
- Other Backward Classes (O.B.C) – 3 years
- Scheduled Caste (S.C)/ Scheduled Tribe (S.T) – 5 years
- Person With Disability (P.W.D) -10 years
- Application Fee –
- General and OBC candidates – Rs. 600
- SC/ST/PWD Candidates – Rs. 100
Candidates applying for the post of Probationary Officer in SBI must be aware of Syllabus and important dates of the exam before registering themselves in the official website of SBI. The notification is already out. Stay tuned to Byju’s for latest updates and news on bank exams.