SBI PO Mains 2023 Update:
- SBI PO Mains exam schedule for 2023 is yet to be announced.
- The SBI PO 2022–23 Mains exam was successfully administered by State Bank of India on January 30, 2023, in several shifts throughout the nation.
- The SBI PO Prelims Results were already published on January 17, 2023.
- The dates for the Preliminary examination were December 17, 18, 19, and 20, 2022.
- The State Bank of India had published the SBI PO 2022-23 Notification on September 21, 2022. From September 22 through October 12, 2022, SBI PO applications were accepted online.
- The bank announced 1673 open positions in total, including both backlog and regular positions.
- All candidates who took the SBI PO Mains exam can check their results on https://sbi.co.in/, where they will also be able to see whether they are eligible for the interview round, which is expected to take place in February 2023.
In this article, we shall discuss at length about the SBI PO Mains Exam. The mains exam is the second stage of the Probationary Officer exam conducted by SBI.
|Prepare for the SBI PO Mains Examination with the Free Online SBI PO Mock Test Series.
Also, refer to the links given below and ace the upcoming SBI Probationary Officers exam 2023:
Every year the State Bank of India conducts recruitment for various posts and candidates across the country await the notification for recruitment in SBI.
The candidates who manage to qualify the mains examination are called for the SBI PO Mains examination.
To know more about other SBI exams, check at the linked article.
Being a coveted job opportunity, the selection procedure of a PO in SBI is elaborate and complex in comparison with other PSU banks in India.
Generally, the SBI PO exam comprises of a 3-tier selection process:
- SBI PO Prelims
- SBI PO Mains
- Group Exercises & Personal Interview
Both the Prelims and Mains exams are conducted online. SBI PO Prelims is the initial stage of recruitment.
Applicants who clear this stage with the standard cut-off set by SBI are eligible to move to the next level of examination – SBI PO Mains.
SBI PO Exam Dates – Mains
The important dates for SBI PO 2023-24 are given in the table below:
|SBI PO Exam Date 2023|
|Events||Important Dates (tentative)|
|Official Notification||To be announced|
|Admit Card Release for Mains||To be announced|
|Mains Exam||To be announced|
|Mains Exam Result||To be announced|
The important dates for SBI PO 2022-23 are given in the table below:
|SBI PO Exam Date 2022|
|Events||Important Dates (tentative)|
|Official Notification||September 21, 2022|
|Admit Card Release for Mains||December 19, 2023|
|Mains Exam||January 30, 2023|
|Final Exam Result||April 18, 2023|
The important SBI PO dates 2021-22 are given below:
|SBI PO Exam 2020|
|Events||Important Dates (tentative)|
|Official Notification||October 5, 2021|
|Admit Card Release for Mains||December 2021|
|Mains Exam||January 2022|
|Mains Exam Result||February 2022|
For the detailed exam schedule of the Probationary Officer exam 2021, candidates can visit the SBI PO exam dates page.
SBI PO Mains Syllabus
The SBI PO Mains exam is the final stage of the online examination conducted by SBI. The bank exam syllabus for most of the exams conducted under the banking sector is the same.
The SBI PO Mains syllabus has the following section-wise distribution of topics:
- Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude: Under the Reasoning Ability section, the candidate’s logical reasoning abilities are being tested through sub-categories like Puzzle, Coding-Decoding, Number Series, Blood Relations, etc. On the other hand, the Computer Aptitude section assesses the candidate’s computer knowledge primarily based on Binary to Decimal conversion or vice-versa.
- General/Economy/Financial Awareness: This section measures the candidate’s Current Affairs, General Knowledge and Business/Financial Awareness.
- Data Analysis & Interpretation: Under this section of the SBI PO Mains syllabus, applicants are asked to analyze graphical problems like Graphs & Charts (Line graph, Pie charts, etc.), Probability-based problems, Data Sufficiency, etc. Candidates need to upskill their knowledge on this section as it is a bit critical and time-consuming section.
- English Language: Under this section, the candidate’s English language skills are being tested like oral reading, grammar and vocabulary. It includes topics like Reading Comprehension, Para jumbles, Spelling Errors, Idioms and Phrases, Vocabulary, etc.
To explore the SBI PO Syllabus in detail, check at the linked article.
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern
The SBI PO Mains is the second level of the selection process of SBI PO exam.
The SBI PO Mains pattern comprises of 155 questions that candidates need to answer within a duration of 3 hours. The exam has been segregated into two different types of tests –
The timing and exam pattern of both the tests are different from one another.
The Objective Test is an online test with separate timing for each section and the Descriptive test has a duration of 30 minutes comprising of two questions (50 marks each) which tests the candidates’ written English language skills like a letter or essay writing.
Given below is the section-wise distribution of the Objective test along with the respective timings:
|Sl.No.||Section (Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2.||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|3.||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|4.||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
Penalty: For every incorrect answer to a question, there is an implied penalty of 0.25 marks. However, there is no set penalty for questions left unanswered or blank by a candidate during the exam.
SBI PO Mains Admit Card
Registered candidates appearing for the SBI PO Mains Exam need to download the SBI PO Mains Admit Card from the official page of SBI and carry it to the assigned examination centre on the exam date.
While downloading the call letter, candidates need to provide their respective Registration No. & Date of Birth, take a printout and carry it to the examination centre.
To know more about the SBI PO Admit Card, check at the linked article.
SBI PO Mains Result
A separate result for Prelims and Mains is released. The candidates who qualify the SBI PO Mains are invited for the Interview and Group Discussion phase. The final merit is achieved based on the marks scored by the candidates in Mains, Interview and GD.
To learn 7 Things You Must Know About SBI PO, check at the linked article.
SBI PO Mains Preparation
While preparing for the Mains exam, it is advisable for candidates to consult SBI PO Mains Question Paper of previous years to get a feel of the exam and question-answer pattern of the upcoming exam.
Solving SBI PO Mock tests is recommended to the aspirants as this would help them understand the level of exam and the type of questions asked in the exam.
Practising these questions will help applicants to capture their strengths and shortcomings and work on those areas that need more attention.
To know more about other upcoming bank exams, refer to the linked article.
Are you planning to start your SBI PO exam prep soon? Kick-start your SBI PO exam prep with BYJU’S study materials which are well-structured and contain useful references. You may want to visit BYJU’S SBI exams page for more information. Good Luck!
Top Bank Exams Articles:
|IBPS PO||SBI PO Result||SBI PO Salary|
|SBI Clerk||SBI Exams Notification||Bank Exams Preparation|
|SBI Exam Dates||SBI PO Cut Off||SBI Clerk Salary|
Frequently Asked Questions on SBI PO Mains
Q 1. What is the syllabus for the SBI PO Mains exam?
Q 2. How many marks is the SBI PO Mains exam for?
Q 3. Is there sectional timing in SBI PO Mains?
Ans. Yes, there is sectional timings for the SBI PO Mains exam. Once the time duration for a section has passed, the candidate cannot revisit the questions from that section again.