SBI PO Prelims is the first stage of online examination conducted to recruit Probationary Officers in the State Bank of India. In this article, we shall cover everything that you ought to know about SBI PO Prelims Exam 2023-24.
The important dates and information related to the upcoming exam will be notified to the candidate in detail in the official notification.
Table of Contents:
- SBI PO Prelims – Exam Dates
- SBI PO Prelims Syllabus
- SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern
- SBI PO Prelims Admit Card
- SBI PO Prelims Exam Result
- SBI PO Prelims Cut Off
To know more about other SBI exams, check at the linked article.
In India, working at SBI in the position of a Probationary Officer is considered a prestigious job opportunity.
Candidates willing to apply for the upcoming SBI PO exam can check the SBI PO notification at the linked article.
The SBI PO exam is divided into three phases –
- SBI PO Prelims
- SBI PO Mains
- Group Discussion & Interview
|Prepared for the SBI PO Prelims?
Take Free SBI PO Prelims Mock Test Now and test your preparation!
Enhance your preparation with the links given below and ace the upcoming SBI PO exam:
SBI PO Prelims – Exam Dates
SBI PO prelims exam dates are released along with the official notification every year. The entire recruitment process takes up to 6 months to complete and the preliminary stage is the first phase of the online written examination.
Candidates looking for more information regarding the SBI PO exam can visit the linked article.
Given below is the schedule for the SBI PO Prelims 2023:
|SBI PO Exam 2023-24|
|Official Notification||To be announced|
|Admit Card Release for Prelims||To be announced|
|SBI PO Prelims Exam||To be announced|
|SBI PO Prelims Result||To be announced|
|SBI PO Exam 2022-23|
|Official Notification||21st September 2022|
|Admit Card Release for Prelims||3rd December 2022|
|SBI PO Prelims Exam||17th, 18th, 19th & 20th December 2022|
|SBI PO Prelims Result||17th January 2023|
To know the SBI PO exam dates, check at the linked article.
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus
As per the SBI PO Prelims paper pattern cited above, the SBI PO Prelims syllabus consists of the following section-wise distribution of topics:
- English Language: Under this section, a candidate explores his/her English language skills like grammar, oral reading and vocabulary. The topics include:
- Reading Comprehension
- Para jumbles
- Sentence Improvement
- Spelling Errors
- Word Replacement
- Idioms and Phrases
- Quantitative Aptitude: Under this section of the SBI PO Prelims syllabus, applicants are made to practice high school numerical problems based on the following topics:
- Number System
- SI & CI
- Quadratic Equations
- Ratio and Proportion
- Speed, Time & Distance
- Permutation & Combination
- Profit & Loss
- Data Interpretation
- Reasoning Ability: This section primarily tests the thinking and decision-making ability of the applicant through the following topics:
- Logical Reasoning
- Alpha-numeric Series
- Blood Relations
- Seating Arrangement
Candidates can get the detailed logical reasoning syllabus for the SBI PO Prelims exam at the linked article.
|Quantitative Aptitude||Verbal Ability|
|Banking Awareness||General English for Competitive Exams|
|Logical Reasoning Questions||Government Schemes|
To know the detailed bank exam syllabus candidates can visit the linked article and prepare themselves for the upcoming SBI PO exams.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern
Every year SBI hires managerial cadre resources through the SBI PO exam. The SBI PO Prelims is the initial stage of the online PO exam.
Candidates need to answer 100 questions of 1 mark each in a duration of 1 hour. For every wrong answer, there is a penalty of 0.25 marks.
Candidates can check the SBI PO Prelims Exam Analysis at the linked article and prepare themselves accordingly.
Aspirants are required to compulsorily clear the sectional and overall SBI PO Prelims cut-off marks to move to the next level of the exam i.e. SBI PO Mains Exam.
The SBI PO Prelims paper pattern is divided into three different sections – English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability. The SBI PO Prelims duration is also mentioned in the table given below:
|SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern|
|Sections||Total Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
To explore the entire SBI PO Syllabus, check at the linked article.
SBI PO Prelims Admit Card
Applicants appearing for the SBI PO Prelims Exam need to mandatorily carry the Call Letter/Admit Card to the allotted examination centre on the scheduled exam date.
The State Bank of India (SBI) releases the SBI PO prelims call letter 10 to 15 days prior to the date of examination. Candidates can download their respective call letters for online Prelims exam from the official page of the banking giant.
To know more about the SBI PO Admit Card, check at the linked article.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Result
The SBI PO prelims exam 2022-23 was conducted on December 17, 18, 19 & 20, 2022. The results were declared on 17 January 2023. It is imperative for aspiring PO candidates to meet the cut-off of the SBI PO Prelims marks to be eligible to move to the next level i.e. SBI PO Mains Exam.
Candidates can check the SBI PO Result at the linked article.
SBI PO Prelims Cut Off
The SBI PO prelims cut off is released by the conducting body based on the overall performance of candidates across the country. SBI has removed sectional cut off from the SBI PO prelims examination since 2019 and candidates only need to score the overall cut off marks to qualify the exam.
The 2023 SBI PO Prelims cut off will be released once the exams are over.
Given below is the SBI PO Prelims cut off 2022:
|SBI PO Cut Off 2022 – Prelims|
|Category||Cut Off (out of 100)|
Given below is the SBI PO Prelims cut off 2021:
|SBI PO Cut Off 2021 – Prelims|
|Category||Cut Off (out of 100)|
Given below is the SBI PO Prelims cut off 2020:
|SBI PO Cut Off 2020 – Prelims|
|Category||Cut Off (out of 100)|
Also, for the reference of candidates, the SBI PO cut off for the previous year for the prelims and mains exam has been given at the linked article.
SBI PO Prelims Preparation
During SBI PO Prelims exam preparation, applicants can refer to SBI PO Question Paper of prior years to get an understanding about the exam pattern and question-answer format of the upcoming exam.
Besides, there are certain websites that offer SBI PO Prelims mock test which gives a real feel of the actual test. Giving online bank exam quiz is also advised to the candidates.
To explore the SBI PO Preparation in detail, check at the linked article.
Applicants should take one or two SBI PO Prelims free mock test to know the status of their preparation. Simultaneously, they should try to refer SBI PO Prelims previous papers and practice from those question sets as this will help them in capturing their strengths and weaknesses too.
Kick-start your SBI PO Prelims prep with BYJU’S course content which is structured through well-defined references. Besides, the course content includes core section-wise study materials which help you to get an in-depth understanding of the SBI PO Prelims syllabus and prepare for the test accordingly.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S official page on upcoming bank exams to explore at length.
How to prepare for SBI PO Prelims?
The following tips can be used for SBI Clerk
- Be familiar with the SBI PO Syllabus: The candidates must familiarize with the SBI PO Prelims Syllabus as it would help them get an idea about the topics of the exam. It will also help in understanding the weightage given to each topic. And thus helping in creating a preparation strategy based on the assessment done
- Create a time table: A candidate writing the SBI PO exam this year must have a time table prepared in advance. With the help of a time table, a candidate can focus on the topics that he/she may find difficult. Spending as much time as possible on those topics will give the candidate a necessary edge in the exam.
- Cultivate a reading habit: A reading habit, especially with newspapers in mind will increase the general knowledge of the candidate to a great extent. It will also help in group discussions. In fact, the specific focus on newspapers should be with regards to financial news
- Perfect the basics: One should learn on strengthening the basics as this will help in solving any type of questions that may be asked.
- Practice makes perfect: Keep practicing mock questions from time to time. This will be especially useful in facing questions with different levels of difficulty.
- Time Management: The key to success in any exam is perfecting time management. The focus should be on attempting questions that are easily answerable and then concentrating on the difficult ones. In the SBI PO prelims exam, or any other exam for that matter qualification is dependent on time. Thus a candidate should time the questions and try to solve the questions as fast as possible with utmost accuracy.
- Perfecting accuracy: There is negative marking of 0.25 mark for each wrong answer applicable in both the SBI PO prelims and mains exams. So while attempting the question in online test make sure to maintain accuracy and balance the number of questions to attempt with right option.
Top Bank Exams Articles:
|SBI PO Mains Syllabus||IBPS PO||Bank PO|
|SBI PO Cut Off||IBPS PO Preparation||SBI PO Salary|
|SBI Clerk Admit Card||SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus||Bank Exams Preparation|