Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is the conducting body for Clerical cadre exam. The IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020 is tentatively scheduled to be conducted in the month of December and in this article, we shall discuss in detail the preparation tips for the clerical cadre preliminary exam.
The IBPS is the recruiting body for various bank exams under the Public Sector.
The IBPS Clerk Prelim Exam is the start of a journey towards the achievement of the revered designation.
|Start your IBPS Clerk Prelims Preparation now with the Free Online IBPS Clerk Mock Test Series!!
Also, ace the preliminary exam with the help of links given below:
For details on other bank exams, refer to the linked article.
This year, 2557 vacancies have been released for the clerical cadre post which is comparatively less in comparison to the last year. In 2019, IBPS has released 12,074 vacancies for the post of IBPS Clerk.
Candidates have a great opportunity to crack the IBPS Clerk exam if they do a serious Preparation for the IBPS Clerk Exam 2020.
For more details on upcoming bank exams, refer to the linked article.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
There are only two stages which are a part of the IBPS Clerk selection process. This is the :
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
Both the stages are Online Computer Based tests where candidates have to choose the answer from the multiple options given. The detailed exam pattern has been discussed below. Also, interested candidates can visit the IBPS Clerk Prelims page for more information.
The IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern for the 2020 exam is as follows:
|Section||No. Of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||01 Hour|
The IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Pattern for 2020 exam is as follows:
|Section||No. Of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
The IBPS has recently updated the Exam Pattern for this 2019 exam. The IBPS Clerk syllabus has all the relevant information related to the various topics mentioned in this article.
IBPS Clerk Prelims – Salient Points
- This phase is only qualifying in nature so the IBPS Clerk prelims preparation must be done with an aim to score as many marks as possible
- There is sectional timing and 20 minutes are devoted to each section in the preliminary exam
- Sectional cut off is also there in each section so candidates need to ensure that they perform equally well in all subjects
- Candidates who qualify this phase are called for the Mains examination and the marks scored in Mains are evaluated to get the final list of shortlisted candidates
The links given below will help candidates prepare themselves with their IBPS Clerk Prelims preparation:
|Topics for Quantitative Aptitude||Verbal Ability|
|Logical Reasoning||IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern|
|Tips To Prepare Data Interpretation for Bank Exams||Seating Arrangement|
IBPS Clerk Preparation – 8 Important Tips
The IBPS Clerk Exam has a lot of topics to be covered. The important thing related to the exam is the time allotment for each section/Paper.
Candidates to ace time management skills must take IBPS Clerk Mock Tests on a regular basis. Candidates need to do a proper IBPS Clerk Preparation to crack the exam with great score.
The 8 important IBPS Clerk Preparation tips are as follows:
- Candidates should know everything about the IBPS Clerk Exam. The official IBPS Clerk Notification will fetch them all the relevant details related to the exams.
- Candidates should check the IBPS Clerk Eligibility to know about certain criteria related to them.
- Candidates should be updated with the Exam Pattern and the IBPS Clerk syllabus to get a clear idea on various topics.
- Candidates should understand the IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Analysis to get an idea related to the difficulty level of the topics in the exam.
- The IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis will help them with a proper preparation strategy and time management for the upcoming exam.
- The important IBPS Clerk books will help them with a planned preparation and good score ultimately.
- A proper study routine with proper notes and IBPS study material will help them reach their desired endeavours.
- Candidates should practice the numerical and Logical Reasoning section multiple times religiously to improve their solving speed.
- To check their preparation level for IBPS Clerk exam candidates must take free Online Quiz regularly.
Candidates need to follow these important tips for scoring well in the IBPS Clerk Exam 2020.
|IBPS Clerk Result||IBPS Clerk Score Card|
|IBPS Clerk Cut Off||English Language Preparation for IBPS Clerk Exam|
|Reasoning Ability Preparation for IBPS Clerk Exam||Bank Clerk – Exam Information & Job Profile|
With IBPS Clerk being one of the largest exams conducted in the banking sector, the number of applicants each year are also extremely high. Thus, candidates who aspire to crack the upcoming clerical cadre exam must start their IBPS Clerk Prelims preparation now.
The preparation tips given in this article shall help candidates prepare themselves for the clerical cadre recruitment 2020 and for any further information regarding the exam or study material, candidates can turn to BYJU’S for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions on IBPS Clerk Prelims Preparation
Q 1. Is the IBPS Clerk Prelims exam easy to crack?
Q 2. Can I crack the IBPS Clerk exam with 30 days of preparation?
Q 3. What are the best tips to prepare for IBPS Clerk prelims exam?
Ans. Given below are the best tips for IBPS Clerk prelims preparation:
- Solve mock tests and sample papers
- Analyse the syllabus and exam pattern
- Focus on common topics based on the previous year question paper review
- Give priority to Time Management
- Equal dedication for each section as there is sectional cut off
- Refer to previous year cut off marks to estimate the qualifying marks for the upcoming exam