In this article, we shall discuss effective tips to crack the bank clerk exam in the first attempt.
The demand for a job in the banking sector is increasing exponentially. As the competition is becoming tougher with the increased rate of candidates applying for the clerical post, there are people in mass who do not qualify for the bank exam.
Candidates need to be fully aware of the bank exam syllabus and the bank exam pattern before applying for the post. For this, you need to adopt a few strategies which will help you to clear bank exam in the first attempt.
To explore other bank exams, check at the linked article.
|Looking for tips to crack the Bank Clerk exam in the very first attempt??
Refer to the preparation links given below to ace the upcoming clerical cadre exam:
The bank clerk exam pattern consists of two stages mainly:
These two are written examinations which are conducted online across various exam centres in India. For the final allotment, the candidates need to clear both the stages.
Aspirants willing to know more about the job profile, exam information, syllabus, eligibility and other Bank Clerk details candidates can visit the linked article.
To learn about other Govt Exams, check at the linked article.
There are three major clerical cadre exams which are conducted in the country. These include:
Candidates aspiring to crack the bank clerk exam in the first attempt can refer to the following links to get the detailed syllabus for the various subjects included in the clerical cadre exam:
|Logical Reasoning Syllabus||Quantitative Aptitude Topics|
|Topics for Verbal Ability||Daily Current Affairs|
|Banking Awareness||Static GK|
Section-wise Preparation Strategy
Here are a few strategies to prepare for the bank clerk exam as per different sections.
The bank clerk exam mainly includes five sections which are English Language, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Computer Knowledge and General Awareness.
Want to know more about SBI Clerk exam, check at the linked article.
- Topics like antonyms/synonyms, fill in the blanks and spellings are easier and take less time, so this needs to be attempted first.
- Sentence improvement and jumbled paragraph questions should be the next focus.
- For the comprehension part, you need to find the answer to the mentioned questions keeping the keywords in mind.
To learn more about SBI PO Prelims English Language Syllabus, check at the linked article.
Candidates can check the links below for a few important topics in the English Language section for the Bank Clerk exam:
- Topics like Coding-Decoding, Blood Relations, and Inequalities fetch good marks if you understand the concept.
- Directions, Ranking, Syllogism and Input-Output are tricky so you need to practice more for these questions.
- Logical reasoning and puzzles are time-consuming topics but all you need is thorough focus and concentration to solve them at one go.
To solve more questions based on logical reasoning, candidates can visit the Logical Reasoning Questions page and get the topic-wise list of reasoning questions.
The table below gives the list of important logical reasoning topics for candidates to prepare for the Reasoning Ability and General Intelligence section for the upcoming clerical cadre examinations in the banking sector:
- To start with questions from Number system, Quadratic equation and simplification as they are quite easy compared to other sections.
- Data analysis and interpretation should be your next attempt. 5-7 questions will be common from this section consisting of easy to moderate level.
- The word problems like ratio and proportion, time & work, mensuration, etc should be attempted a bit carefully since candidates generally lose marks. This section needs sheer practice. Attempt those questions only if you are sure of it.
To explore at length about SBI Clerk Prelims Quantitative Syllabus, check at the linked article.
Few quantitative aptitude concept articles are given below for the candidate’s reference:
|Data Interpretation||Mixture and Alligation|
|Problems on Age||Simplification and Approximation|
|Boat Upstream and Downstream||Number Series|
- The candidate needs to be updated about daily news and happenings before you go for the exam.
- Generally, this section consists of banking and current affairs.
- Reading newspapers and to know about the happenings around the globe through any media or books will help.
In the General Awareness section, there are various types of questions which may be asked. These questions may be asked from the following fields:
- Banking Awareness
- Financial Awareness
- General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- Static GK
- These are basics of computers which need to be understood and learned before appearing for the examination.
- Basically, this section is easy so this is the only section candidates tend to score full marks.
Not too many questions are asked from the computer awareness section and it is combined with the Reasoning and General Intelligence section. So to score marks in the computer awareness-based questions candidates must have a basic knowledge of the computer fundamentals.
Given below is a list of few of the common Computer Awareness based concepts from which the questions may be asked:
|Computer Fundamentals||Computer Abbreviations|
|10 Important Computer Awareness Terms||Basics of Cloud Computing|
|High Level Computer Language for Bank Exams||Computer Shortcut Keys|
General tricks for bank preparation to crack the bank clerk exam in the first attempt
- Understand the bank exam pattern and study in accordance with the daily schedule. This will help you cover every topic and focus more on your weaker parts.
- Time is one of the key factors. The detailed analysis after the evaluation of your study through mock tests will give you the time you are taking for each section. So study keeping a stopwatch or timer will definitely help.
- Speed along with accuracy plays a vital role. Speed without accuracy and vice versa is of no use.
- The most important aspect where candidates tend to lose maximum marks is by guessing. So please do not attempt questions which you are not sure of.
- The subjects should be revised before appearing for the examination keeping the cut-off in mind.
To explore in detail about SBI PO Preparation, check at the linked article.
Candidates preparing for bank clerk exam can also solve mock tests and previous year question papers for their reference and to understand the standard of questions asked in the exam and to apprehend the type of questions asked. Candidates can refer to the links given below:
Go for the examination keeping all the strategies in mind. Work hard and you will surely clear it at first attempt.
The other details regarding all the bank examinations are available on our website.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S for updated information.