The demand for a job in the banking sector is increasing exponentially. As the competition is becoming tougher with the increased rate of candidates applying for the clerical post, there are people in mass who do not qualify. The competitors need to be aware of the pattern and the syllabus before applying for the post. For this, you need to adopt few strategies which will help you to clear bank exam in the first attempt.
The bank clerk exam consist of two stages mainly-
These two are written examination conducted online across various exam centers in India. For the final allotment, the candidates need to clear both the stages.
Section Wise preparation strategy:
Mainly the five sections are English Language, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Computer Knowledge and General Awareness.
- Topics like antonyms/synonyms, fill in the blanks and spellings are easier and takes less time so this needs to be attempted first.
- Sentence improvement and jumbled paragraph questions should be the next focus.
- For the comprehension, first, you need to find the answer to the mentioned questions keeping the keywords in mind.
- Topics like Coding-Decoding, Blood Relations, and Inequalities fetch good marks if you understand the concept.
- Direction, Ranking, Syllogism, and Input-Output are tricky so you need to practice for these questions.
- Logical reasoning and puzzles consume much time but all you need is a focus to solve them at one go.
- To start with questions from Number system, Quadratic equation and simplification as they are quite easy compared to other sections.
- Data analysis and interpretation should be your next attempt. 5-7 questions will be common from this section consisting of easy to moderate level.
- The word problems like ratio and proportion, time & work, mensuration, etc should be attempted a bit carefully since candidates generally lose marks. This section needs a sheer practice. Attempt those questions only if you are sure of it.
- The candidate needs to be updated before you go for the exam.
- Generally, this section consists of banking and current affairs.
- Reading newspapers and to know about the happenings around the globe through any media or books will help.
- These are basics of computers which need to be understood and learned before appearing for the examination.
- Basically, this section is easy so this is the only section candidates tend to score full marks.
Some general tricks to crack clerk exam at first attempt
- Understand the pattern and study in accordance with the daily schedule. This will help you cover every topic and focus more on your weaker parts.
- Time is one of the key factors. The detailed analysis after the evaluation of your study through mock test will give you the time you are taking for each sector. So study keeping a stopwatch or timer will definitely help.
- Speed along with accuracy plays a vital role. Speed without accuracy and vice versa is of no use.
- The most important aspect where candidates tend to lose maximum marks is by guessing. So please do not attempt questions which you are not sure of.
- The subjects should be revised before appearing for the examination keeping the cut-off in mind.
Go for the examination keeping all the strategies in mind. Work hard and you will surely clear it at first attempt.
The other details regarding all the bank examinations are there on our website. Stay tuned to Byju’s for all information.