Latest Update: The State Bank of India released the SBI Clerk 2022 notification on September 6, 2022. The notification comprises information on eligibility criteria such as age, citizenship, educational qualification, etc. Before applying for the SBI Clerk exam 2022, candidates should go through the eligibility requirements.
The SBI Clerk 2022 online registration started on September 7, 2022. The last date to apply for the examination is September 27, 2022. Aspirants can apply for the SBI Clerk exam by visiting the official website of the State Bank of India (sbi.co.in).
SBI Clerk 2022 preliminary and main exams are scheduled to be held in the months of November 2022 and December 2022/January 2023 respectively.
Candidates can go through the linked page on SBI Clerk Apply Online to understand the application process.
In this article, we will discuss the SBI Clerk eligibility criteria that aspirants should fulfil before applying for the examination.
|Check if you are eligible for the upcoming SBI Clerk exam and start your preparation now.
Take a Free Online SBI Clerk Mock Test now and test your preparation.
Also, refer to the links given below and ace the clerical cadre exam:
The State Bank of India has announced a total of 5486 openings for the post of Junior Associate (Customer Service & Sales) at various SBI branches across the nation.
To know about other bank exams, check the linked article.
Candidates should be fluent in the state’s native language before applying for any open positions there. This includes speaking, reading and writing.
Applicants need to take a Language Proficiency Test (LPT) after qualifying the online SBI Clerk Mains exam but before joining the bank. They need to produce the 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate as proof that they have studied the opted regional language and do not need to undergo the LPT.
Candidates are eligible to apply for vacancies in one State only. They can appear for the SBI Clerk exam only once in a year under a particular recruitment project.
To know about other SBI exams, check at the linked article.
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can go through the SBI Clerk Notification 2022 to get an idea of the eligibility requirements for the upcoming examination. If any changes are made by the conducting body in terms of its eligibility criteria for the upcoming recruitment, candidates shall be informed accordingly in the official SBI Junior Associate notification.
SBI Clerk Notification 2022:- Download PDF Here
A candidate who is aspiring to apply for the SBI Clerk exam must be an Indian citizen.
Essential Educational Qualifications
Candidates must fulfil the following educational requirements to apply for the SBI Clerk Prelims 2022 examination.
- Prospective candidates must have a Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification which is recognized by the Central Government. They must make sure the passing certificate shows the date the relevant degree was earned.
- Candidates who have an Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing of the IDD is as per the guidelines given in the notification.
- Those who are in the final year/ semester of their graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if provisionally selected, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 30.11.2022.
- As per the SBI Clerk qualification criteria, the candidates need to mandatorily indicate the percentage they’ve obtained in the Graduation degree and calculate it to the nearest two decimals in the online application form.
- For Matriculate Ex-servicemen, prospective applicants should have obtained the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force, after completing at least 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union.
To evaluate themselves, candidates preparing for the SBI Clerk exam must frequently take the SBI Clerk Mock Test.
Aspirants can also refer to the linked page on SBI Clerk Qualification to know more about the educational requirements for the exam.
To know more about SBI Recruitment, check the linked article.
SBI Clerk Age Limit
Not below 20 years and not above 28 years as on 01.08.2022, i.e. candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1994 and not later than 01.08.2002 (both days inclusive). The details regarding the age limit and the relaxation in upper age are clearly given in the official notification. Candidates must go through the notification in detail and check the eligibility criteria.
Relaxation of Upper Age Limit: Check the table given below to know about the age relaxation given to various categories for the SBI Clerk exam.
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|PWD (Gen/ EWS)||10 years|
|PWD (SC/ ST)||15 years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled Ex-Servicemen||The actual period of service rendered in defence services + 3 years, (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to max. age of 50 years|
|Widows, Divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands & who are not remarried||7 years (subject to maximum age limit of 35 years for General/ EWS, 38 years for OBC & 40 years for SC/ST candidates)|
- Candidates who seek age relaxation are required to submit copies of the necessary certificate at the time of joining if they are selected. No change in the category of any candidate is allowed once the registration of online application has been done.
- The Cumulative age relaxation will not be available either under any of the above items or in combination with any other items.
To know more other SBI exam eligibility, check the linked article.
Total Number of Attempts
As a matter of fact, the State Bank of India has not mentioned any restriction with respect to the total number of attempts for the SBI Clerk exam in the official SBI Junior Associate notification. This implies that a candidate can sit in the SBI Clerk exam up to an Nth number of times, just that he/she must not have crossed the maximum age limit prescribed by the bank.
To ace the SBI clerk exam in a single attempt, it is advised to take Online Quizzes on a regular basis.
Are you preparing for the SBI Clerk exam and looking for useful study materials? Check out BYJU’S course content, which is well-structured and will help you to crack the SBI Junior Associate exam in the first attempt. Keep an eye here for more content on BYJU’S SBI exams’ pages.
Look into BYJU’S course material, which is well-organised and will assist you in passing the SBI Junior Associate exam on your first try. Watch this space for updates to the BYJU’S SBI Clerk examinations.
Candidates preparing for the SBI Junior Associate exams must keep themselves updated with the latest SBI Clerk exam pattern and syllabus.
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria – Reservation For PwD, Ex/Dis. Ex-Servicemen
- The OBC candidates from the non-creamy layer are eligible for reservations. Other OBC candidates have to select the option ‘General category’ while applying for the SBI clerk exam. Also, candidates have to provide the OBC certificate declaring that they belong to the “Non-creamy layer”.
- EWS category candidates who wish to avail the reservation benefits have to produce the “ Income and Asset Certificate” issued by the Government of India.
- Candidates belonging to the PwD category are required to provide the “Disability Certificate” issued by the Medical Authority or any other Component Authority in the district of residence.
- During the appointment, disabled Ex-servicemen and their dependents have priority over dependents of defence personnel killed or highly disabled (50%).
- Candidates associated with the SBI at present or in the past are not eligible to appear in the exam
- If there is an adverse report or weak CIBIL, such candidates will be rejected.
Frequently Asked Questions – SBI Clerk Eligibility
Q.1. What is the eligibility criteria for SBI Clerk Age Limit?
Q.2. What are the maximum number of attempts for SBI Clerk Exam?
Q.3. What is the salary of SBI Clerk?
Q.4. A 12th pass candidate can apply for SBI Clerk?
Q.5. Is there an interview round in the SBI Clerk Exam?
Top Bank Exam Articles
|SBI Clerk Mains||SBI Clerk Exam Pattern||SBI Clerk Admit Card|
|IBPS Registration||SBI Exam Dates||SBI Exams Notification|
|SBI PO Eligibility||IBPS RRB||SBI PO Prelims Exam|
|SBI Vacancy||SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus||SBI PO Mains Exam|
How much % in graduation is required for an SBI clerk?