State Bank of India is one of the oldest and trusted banks in India. The bank was established in the 19th century. Every year they recruit candidates eligible for the post of clerk, basically, the job of clerks is to interact with the customers and the clients. State Bank of India declared notifications for the recruitment of the candidates for the clerical post. It is a national level examination.
SBI Vacancy Details
Conducting body: State Bank of India
Exam level: All India
Exam mode: Online
Exam name: SBI Clerk 2017
Total number of vacancy: 15,000
SBI Clerk 2017 salary: 20,950(gross)
Candidates applying for SBI Clerk must have any of the following citizenship
- Citizen of India
- Citizen of Bhutan
- Citizen of Nepal
- Candidates migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
As the examination is generally for two different sections, hence they have different educational qualification for both.
- For Junior Associates: Candidate should have a graduation degree in any section from a recognized university or qualification recognized by the state or central government.
- For Junior Agricultural Associates: Candidates should have graduation in any Agricultural ailed activity or agricultural from government recognized Institute/University.
- Candidates who are in their final semester/year are also eligible for applying but on the provisional basis. They have to produce their passing certificate before deadline decided by the bank.
- Candidates having integrated dual degree must ensure that the passing date should be on or before prescribed date.
- Candidate should be able to speak and write English.
- Candidates should produce the certificate of class 10th as a proof that they know the local language, for them there will be no other language test. For others who do not have their proof of knowing the local language they have to appear a language test, in case candidate didn’t qualify the language test they will be disqualified.
Candidate must have age between 20 years to 28 years. There is age relaxation for reserved category and the category wise relaxation is given below:
|S.No||Relaxation in years||Category|
|1.||3 years||Other Backward Classes(OBC)|
|6.||Actual period of service in defence+3 years(8 years for disabled Ex-servicemen belonging to SC/ST subjected to maximum age 50 years)||Ex-servicemen/Disabled Ex-servicemen|
|7.||5 years||Person domiciled in Kashmir division of division of Jammu & Kashmir State during the period from 1st January 1981 to 31st December 1990|
|8.||9 years( subject to maximum age limit of 35 years for general and 40 for SC/ST 38 for OBC candidates||Widows, women legally separated from their husbands, Divorced women & who not remarried|
Candidates will now have an idea about the eligibility criteria of different categories and apply accordingly.
Stay tuned with Byju’s for further information.