Every year the State Bank of India invites applications from eligible Indian citizens for appointing SBI Clerk (Junior Associates), i.e. clerical cadre positions. In this article, we will discuss the complete SBI Clerk Eligibility in detail.
|Check if you are eligible for the upcoming SBI Clerk exam and start your preparation now.
Take a Free Online SBI Clerk Mock Test now and test your preparation.
Also, refer to the links given below and ace the clerical cadre exam:
The SBI Clerk Notification 2021 released by SBI on April 26, 2021, to appoint over 5000 Junior Associates.
To know about other bank exams, check at the linked article.
Before applying for the vacancies of a particular State, candidates should be proficient in reading, writing, speaking and understanding the local language of the respective State.
Candidates need to take a Language Proficiency Test (LPT) after qualifying the online SBI Clerk Mains exam but before joining the Bank. They need to produce the 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate as proof that they have studied the opted regional language and do not need to undergo the LPT.
In this article, we’ll discuss the SBI Clerk eligibility criteria which are required to be fulfilled before applying for the SBI Clerk exam:
- Educational Qualification
- SBI Clerk Age Limit
- Number of Attempts
To know about other SBI exams, check at the linked article.
Top Bank Exams Articles:
|SBI Clerk Prelims||SBI Clerk Exam Pattern||SBI Clerk Admit Card|
|IBPS Registration||SBI Exam Dates||SBI Exams Notification|
|SBI PO Eligibility||IBPS RRB||SBI PO Prelims Exam|
|SBI Vacancy||SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus||SBI PO Mains Exam|
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the detailed SBI Clerk eligibility criteria 2021 in the official notification released by SBI. If any changes are made by the conducting body in terms of its eligibility criteria for the upcoming recruitment, candidates shall be informed accordingly in the official SBI Junior Associate notification.
SBI Clerk Notification 2021:- Download PDF Here
A candidate who is aspiring to apply for SBI Clerk exam must be an Indian citizen.
Essential Educational Qualifications
For the SBI bank Clerk exam qualification, candidates need to adhere to the following:
- Prospective candidates must have a Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification which is recognized by the Central Government. They should ensure that the passing certificate should indicate the respective degree’s date of passing in it.
- Candidates who have an Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should make sure that the date of passing of the IDD is as mentioned in the notification.
- Those who are in the final year/ semester of their graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if provisionally selected, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 16.08.2021
- As per the SBI Clerk qualification criteria, the candidates need to mandatorily indicate the percentage they’ve obtained in the Graduation degree and calculate it to the nearest two decimals in the online application form.
- For Matriculate Ex-servicemen, prospective applicants should have obtained the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force, after completing at least 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union are eligible to apply for the post.
Candidates preparing for SBI Clerk exam must take SBI Clerk Mock Test regularly to analyze and revise their learnings.
To know more about SBI Recruitment, check at the linked article.
SBI Clerk Age Limit
Not below 20 years and not above 28 years as on 01.04.2021, i.e. candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.04.1993 and not later than 01.04.2001 (both days inclusive). The details regarding the age limit and the relaxations are clearly mentioned in the official notification. Candidates must go through the notification in detail and check the eligibility criteria.
Relaxation of Upper Age Limit: Check the table below to know about the age relaxation in SBI Clerk exam.
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|PWD (Gen/ EWS)||10 years|
|PWD (SC/ ST)||15 years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled ExServicemen||The actual period of service rendered in defence services + 3 years, (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to max. age of 50 years|
|Widows, Divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands & who are not remarried||7 years (subject to maximum age limit of 35 years for General/ EWS, 38 years for OBC & 40 years for SC/ST candidates)|
- Candidates who seek age relaxation are required to submit copies of the necessary certificate at the time of joining if they are selected. No change in the category of any candidate is allowed once the registration of online application has been done.
- The Cumulative Age Relaxation will not be available either under any of the above items or in combination with any other items.
To know more other SBI exam eligibility, check at the linked article.
Total Number of Attempts
As a matter of fact, the State Bank of India has not mentioned any restriction with respect to the total number of attempts for the SBI Clerk exam in the official SBI Junior Associates Notification. This implies that a candidate can sit in the SBI Clerk exam up to an Nth number of times, just that he/she must not have crossed the maximum age-limit bar.
To ace the SBI clerk exam in a single attempt, it is advised to take Online Quizzes on a regular basis to know your preparation level for the exam.
Are you preparing for the SBI Clerk exam and looking for useful study materials? Check out BYJU’S course content which is well-structured that helps you to crack the SBI Junior Associates exam in the first attempt. Keep an eye here for more content on BYJU’S SBI exams’ pages.
Candidates applying for the SBI clerk exams must keep updated with the latest exam pattern and SBI Clerk syllabus.
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria – Reservation For PwD, Ex/Dis. Ex-Servicemen
- The OBC candidates from the Non-Creamy Layer are eligible for reservations. other OBC candidates have to mention the General category while applying for the SBI clerk exam. Also, candidates have to provide the OBC certificate declaring that they belong to the “Non-creamy layer”.
- EWS category candidates to avail the reservation benefits have to produce the “ Income and Asset Certificate” issued by the Government of India.
- Candidates belonging to the PwD category are required to provide the “Disability Certificate” issued by Medical or any Component Authority in the district of residence.
- During the appointment, disabled Ex-servicemen and their dependents have priority over dependents of defence personnel killed or highly disabled (50%).
- Candidates associated with SBI at present or in the past are not eligible to appear in the exam
- If there is an adverse report or weak CIBIL or other agency, such candidates will be rejected.