In this article, we shall learn a few preparation tips for the SBI Associate Exam and the books that candidates should refer during their SBI exam preparation. The Associate Exam conducted by the State Bank of India is also known as the SBI Clerk Exam.
To know more about other bank exams, check at the linked article.
State Bank of India recruits aspiring candidates for the post of Junior Associates and Junior Agriculture Associates under the clerical selection process. The SBI Clerk written exam is conducted in two phases:
- SBI Clerk Prelims
- SBI Clerk Mains
|Prepping up for the upcoming SBI Junior Associate Exam?? Start your preparation now with the Free Online SBI Clerk Mock Test Series Now!!
Also, refer to the links below:
The merit list is prepared on the basis of SBI Mains exam. The candidates qualifying the written examination will be called for the interview process. The written test is usually conducted online. There is no descriptive type question for SBI Clerk (Junior Associates) exam.
To know more about SBI exams, check at the linked article.
For the SBI Clerk Prelims exam, the duration of the exam is 1 hour. It is divided into three sections:
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
On the contrary, the SBI Clerk Mains exam is timed at 160 minutes with the following sections:
- General/ Financial Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
- General English
Candidates must know that sectional cut-off is a must for qualifying each stage. They need to start their preparation accordingly as the dates for the examination is out.
To know more about the SBI Clerk exam, click at the linked article.
SBI Clerk Section-wise Preparation
1. Reasoning Ability–
- The SBI Clerk Reasoning Ability part is a very scoring section where the maximum number of the questions are based on logical reasoning like syllogism, blood relation, puzzles, etc.
- The puzzles can also be solved in lesser time with practice and concentration.
- Candidates need to practice questions from Coding-Decoding as they are easy to solve and score.
- In the SBI Clerk Mains exam, this section comes with Computer Aptitude section so candidates need to save sufficient time to solve all the questions.
- Some of the major topics to focus on the Reasoning section are Input-Output, Coding-Decoding, Puzzles, Blood Relations, Venn Diagrams, Seating Arrangements, etc.
Candidates can check the detailed Logical Reasoning Syllabus along with the list of other government exams in which this section is included, at the linked article.
Also, since this section is included both in the SBI Junior Associate prelims and mains phase of the examination, candidates must solve more and more questions from each topic to ace the examination. Thus, visit the Logical Reasoning Questions page to get topic-wise solved questions.
2. Quantitative Aptitude–
- The SBI Clerk Quantitative Aptitude section plays a vital role as candidates can score well in this section with practice.
- The numerical ability along with the problem-solving ability is tested through this section.
- The speed and accuracy play a major role here. Some calculations are complex and time taking so practising more will help. The questions related to Data interpretation should be practised more.
- Candidates should proceed strategically for this section.
- Some of the major topics to focus on the Quantitative section are Percentages, Averages, Decimal and Fractions, Profit and Loss, Bar-Diagram, Number Series, Interest, Pie-Chart.
To get a comprehensive list of topics which are included in the Quantitative Aptitude syllabus of SBI Junior Associate exam, candidates can visit the linked article.
3. English Language–
- The English Language section of the SBI Clerk exam demands proper time management from the candidates. Topics like comprehension, cloze test need to be focused more in this section.
- Candidates need to pay a lot of attention to score well in this section as they are likely to lose marks as the sectional cut-off is very important to crack the SBI Clerk Exam.
- Some of the major topics to focus in this section are: Fill in the blanks, Cloze test, Comprehension, Spot the Error, etc.
Candidates can visit the Verbal Ability page to know the detailed syllabus for the English Language section.
Also, this is one such section which is a part of all major Government Exams Thus, candidates can also visit the General English for Competitive Exams page for detailed information.
4. Computer Knowledge–
- In the Computer Knowledge section of the SBI Clerk exam, the candidates need to prepare the basics of the computer to score well. This is a scoring section as the syllabus is not vast.
- The maximum questions asked are implementation based questions where candidates generally work on computers.
- Some of the major topics to focus in this section are Basic knowledge of computers, shortcuts on MS Word, MS Excel, LAN, Modem, etc.
Since only basic questions are asked to check the Computer Knowledge of candidates in the Junior Associate exam, candidates can visit the linked article can check the list of topics from which questions may be asked.
To know more about SBI Clerk Prelims exam, check at the linked article.
5. General Awareness–
- Here the candidates need to prepare the recent happenings around the globe.
- In SBI exams, most of the questions asked are from Current Affairs.
- There are questions asked from marketing and banking which covers the financial awareness which can be prepared by newspapers and magazines or social media.
- There is a part of negative marking which cannot be avoided as wrong answers can reduce the chances of selection.
Interview preparation– The marks of the interview are decided by the SBI. There are a certain qualifying cut-off marks for the candidates. The major topics need to be focused is SBI related information, Current Affairs related to finance and banking, RBI related information and other basic knowledge.
The bank exam syllabus is almost the same for different exams conducted under the banking sector. Candidates can visit the linked article for detailed section-wise syllabus for bank exams.
Guidelines to prepare for SBI Associate Exam
- Proper planning should be done by the candidates in accordance with the SBI Clerk exam pattern.
- The topic-wise strategy should be made to proceed with the exact preparation.
- Practice is the key to success. Sheer practice with determination can fetch good marks in bank exams.
- Mock tests and online resources are helpful for preparation.
- The negative marking process should be kept in mind before answering a question in the examination.
- One of the most important things is to solve SBI Clerk previous year question papers. This will help you analyse and apprehend your performance based on the marks scored at the end of the paper.
To learn more about the Bank Exams Preparation, click at the linked article.
SBI Clerk Books List for Preparation
The notification for the SBI Clerk exam 2021 is yet to be released. Candidates preparing for the exam can refer to the list of books mentioned below for preparation. Also, solving SBI Clerk mock tests may prove to be very useful for the candidates as it would help understand what type of questions are asked in the exam.
|Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S. Aggarwal|
|SBI Clerical Cadre Junior Associates Preliminary Examination||Arihant Experts|
It is imperative for banking aspirants to have a topic-wise strategy and follow guidelines with a scheduled plan to appear for the SBI Associate exam. For any details regarding upcoming bank exams, stay tuned to BYJU’S.
Good Luck with your preparation!