The SBI PO notification 2020 is yet to be released by the State Bank of India and candidates preparing for the exam must have a clear vision about the exam pattern, syllabus and other important details about the exam.
In this article, we bring you a detailed review of the SBI PO Mains Exam analysis 2019 for the reference of aspirants planning on filling in 2020 form.
On 20th July 2019, the SBI PO Mains 2019 Examination was conducted by SBI for candidates who had cleared the SBI PO Prelims exam 2019.
Post the PO Prelims exam; the SBI PO Mains exam is considered the most awaited exam for applicants who wish to become a Probationary Officer (PO) in SBI.
Candidates filling in the SBI PO exam form for the first time must make sure that they carefully go through the SBI PO exam analysis for the past years. This shall help them in understanding and apprehending the exam pattern and level in a better manner.
To know more about other SBI exams, check at the linked article.
State Bank of India is considered as one of the foremost banking companies which conduct competitive bank exams in the banking industry. We hope this review of the SBI PO Mains 2019 exam will help you to get insights for the upcoming bank exams.
The SBI PO Mains Exam 2019 was an online test attempted by more than 20,000 candidates at their respective assigned exam centres from 67 testing centres across India.
As per the SBI PO Mains exam 2019, the overall level of the exam was moderate to difficult. Candidates felt the questions from Data Analysis & Interpretation section to be difficult and tricky.
To know more about other bank exams, check at the linked article.
Here we bring a detailed SBI PO Mains analysis of 2019 exam for your reference.
SBI PO Exam Pattern
The pattern of SBI PO Main Exam is divided into two parts:
- Objective Test
- Descriptive Test
- Objective Test: This test consists of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and is divided into four sections – English Language, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation and General/Economy/Banking Awareness. The composite total of this test is of 200 marks which are timed at a duration of 3 hours.
- Descriptive Test: This section is primarily a written test of 30 minutes with two questions of 50 marks which tests the candidates’ writing ability in the form of essay and letter writing.
To explore the SBI PO Exam Pattern, refer to the linked article. Given further, is the SBI PO exam analysis for the mains exam 2019.
In this test, we bring forth the section-wise SBI PO analysis of the Mains exam 2019:
- English Language: In 2019, this section comparatively had easy to moderate level of questions and applicants found it comparatively easy while attempting it. The total number of questions for good attempt were around 24-27 questions. There were 20 questions from the Reading Comprehension section. Around 5 questions from Sentence Re-Arrangement, Phrase replacement and Filler Statements each.
The other Reading Comprehension passage had a new pattern wherein there were 4-6 paragraphs which were marked as Statement A/B. There were different types of questions in this passage, which mainly tested the grammatical skills and sentence or phrase replacement awareness of the examinee.
There were a few questions on Sentence Re-Arrangement and Phrase replacement. Applicants had to identify the correct phrase to fit into the right space from the options given below the respective question.
Learn the Ideal Typing Speed For SBI PO Descriptive Exam by checking the linked article.
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude: Under this section, the level of questions ranged from moderate to difficult. The total number of questions for a good attempt was around 19-21 questions. It mainly comprised Critical Reasoning questions on puzzles, coding and decoding and seating arrangements like Blood Relations, puzzles, machine input, circular arrangement, random arrangement of variables, linear seating arrangement, etc.
- Data Analysis & Interpretation: This section mainly comprised of difficult questions. The total number of questions for a good attempt was around 16-18 questions. It consisted of 5 sets of Data Interpretation questions like Bar Graph, Caselet of Time & Work, Caselet of Venn Diagram and Discount-based, Data Sufficiency, Mensuration, Quantity Comparison, Partnership Caselet, etc.
Apart from checking the SBI PO exam analysis, solving SBI PO mock tests will also prove to be helpful for the candidates.
Learn the Best Approach To Solve Data Interpretation Questions In SBI PO Exam by checking the linked article.
- General/Economy/Banking Awareness: This section had questions which were easy to moderate in nature. It consisted of questions about Current Affairs based on events that happened 2-3 months prior to the exam. As per the applicants who took the exam, they mentioned that the SBI PO Mains exam 2019 had questions on RBI Current Affairs, Famous Personalities, Mukhya Mantri Yuva Swabhiman Yojana, etc.
Apart from going through the SBI PO exam analysis, another important thing that candidates can do to understand the type of examination is, solve SBI PO previous year question paper. This will help candidates in understanding the level of examination and the type of question asked in the examination.
This section primarily consisted of two questions of 50 marks which needed to be answered in a duration of 30 minutes. Given below is the SBI PO analysis of Mains exam 2019 descriptive section:
- Letter Writing: Under this category, candidates had to write a letter of 150 words on a given subject.
- Essay Writing: Under this category, candidates had to write an essay of 150 words on some latest news and trending topics.
Explore the Top Tips To Prepare For SBI PO Descriptive Paper, by checking the linked article.
Upon completion of the SBI PO Mains exam analysis, we hope you have had a fair idea about the type of questions being asked during the 2019 exam. It is advisable for you to do the SBI PO Prelims exam analysis 2019 paper before you sit for the SBI PO Prelims exam next year.
Candidates shall find the SBI PO exam analysis 2020 for the mains examination, once the exam is successfully conducted.
Hope this article proves beneficial while you prepare for the SBI PO exam going forward and you can also refer to BYJU’S study materials which have updated course content for your ready reference. Good Luck with your preparation!
Stay tuned to our Bank & Govt exams pages for more updated content.
Top Bank Exams Articles: