In this article, we shall discuss tips on how to maintain an ideal typing speed in the SBI PO Descriptive paper. But before that, we need to understand that the SBI PO Descriptive Paper forms a part of the SBI PO Mains exam. Let’s explore a little about the SBI PO Descriptive paper:
SBI PO Descriptive Paper
The SBI PO Descriptive Paper will constitute of letter writing and essay writing in English. This test will be of 50 marks and the candidate has to complete it in 60 minutes. So it is very important to manage the time well because it will be an online test and the candidate has to type the entire content within the stipulated time.
To know more about the SBI PO Syllabus, click at the linked article.
Tips to maintain an ideal typing speed for SBI PO Mains Descriptive Exam
Given below are some of the important points to consider while attempting this section of the SBI PO Mains exam:
- The SBI PO Descriptive paper is a test which assesses the candidate’s communication skills and command over the English language. A candidate can do well only if he/ she has the necessary skills to excel in the test.
- The candidate needs to write a letter of around 200 words and an essay of 350 words or more which needs to be logical and appropriate. So according to that, the candidate has to write at least 20-22 words per minute to complete the writing part.
- Grammatical mistakes should be avoided as much as possible.
- One very important thing to remember is that the quality of the content is more important than the quantity. So proper attention to the quality should be given since it is the main criteria for the selection.
- The candidate should emphasise on writing a clear, relevant and logical letter and essay and use proper punctuation and grammar while drafting the write-up.
Now that we know what you need to do while attempting the SBI PO Mains Descriptive exam section, let us find out a little about the SBI PO exam.
State Bank of India conducts the SBI PO exam every year for recruiting new entrants for the Probationary Officer post. There are 3 different phases of the SBI PO exam:
- SBI PO Prelims
- SBI PO Mains
- Personal Interview
Candidates who appear for the SBI Probationary Officer exam need to be aware of the SBI PO exam pattern. Being a 3-tier process, SBI PO applicants need to face the first two stages of the exam pattern which comprises of one online written exam each for SBI PO Prelims & Mains, followed by the Interview round.
The candidates selected for the SBI PO Mains exam will have to appear for the objective and descriptive test. The candidate has to clear both the sections in order to qualify for the interview. If a candidate fails to clear the objective test, the descriptive test will not be considered.
Some basic tips to excel the SBI PO Descriptive Paper
- The initial step is to collect all the important keywords that would be required in the content.
- Try writing 30 words per minute without compromising the quality of the content.
- Do include relevant, factual and logical points.
- For the essay, start with the introduction followed by pros and cons in the subsequent paragraphs and then conclude.
- Follow a proper format for the letter-writing part.
This descriptive part is very important section since it challenges the English skills of the candidates. Hence, it is very important that the candidates should be well versed with English grammar and vocabulary. The grammatical mistakes should be avoided by any chance.
With the help of these tips mentioned on how to attempt the descriptive section for the SBI PO exam, the candidate will have a better idea on how much time should be spent for thought process and the number of words to be written within a minute.
For more information about SBI PO Eligibility Criteria, click at the linked article.
Practicing previous year’s question papers would enhance the typing speed of answering all the questions as the exam is done online. Besides, this would help the candidate to keep track of the time spent in each question and ensure that every minute in the examination hall is important to score well in the SBI PO exam.
Looking out for more useful tips to stay upbeat with your SBI PO preparation? Join BYJU’S Bank Exam Learning Program and watch out this space for more info.