The SBI PO descriptive paper is a part of the mains phase of examination. The mains exam comprises both objective and descriptive tests and the marks scored in both these tests are included in calculating the final merit for the SBI PO recruitment.
Candidates can check the SBI PO Mains Exam Analysis to know the questions asked in the descriptive test in the 2019 mains examination.
|To get the SBI PO Descriptive Paper evaluated, candidates need to qualify the objective test in mains examination.
The links given below shall help candidates ace the SBI PO mains exam 2020:
In this article we bring to the latest preparation strategies and tips to prepare for the SBI PO descriptive paper.
To know more about other bank exams, check at the linked article.
SBI PO Descriptive Paper
The SBI PO Descriptive Paper is an online test of 30 minutes. The Descriptive test maybe a piece of cake for some and can turn out to be a nightmare for a few.
To know more about SBI exams, check at the linked article.
The SBI PO Descriptive test depends upon a candidate’s English skills since the test includes two sections:
- Essay Writing
- Letter Writing
This article intends to help those candidates who are nervous about the descriptive test of SBI PO Recruitment.
Preparation Tips for SBI PO Descriptive Paper
Here are a few important tips for SBI PO preparation to help the candidates develop the required confidence:
For basic level preparation:
- Be well prepared with the basic grammar from any standard grammar books.
- Build a strong vocabulary by learning a few words daily and use those words in sentences.
- Read newspapers and standard English magazines to improve writing skills.
- Practice essay writing from the recent and important affairs since these are the most important topics for essay writing in SBI PO recruitment.
- Practice formal letter writing of various topics to boost confidence.
For SBI PO Exam:
- Write all the important keywords that would be included in the content.
- Include relevant and factual statements.
- The quality of the content should never be compromised.
- Try to write at least 30 words per minute without or very few grammatical mistakes.
For Essay Writing:
- Think about the topic properly before writing.
- At first, introduce the topic then the details followed by positives, negatives, and suggestions. Always conclude the essay at the end.
- Always be neutral while writing.
- Unnecessary points should be avoided.
- Never get personal.
- Include factual points and avoid criticizing.
To know more about the SBI PO Syllabus, check the linked article.
For Letter Writing:
- Be very well versed with the pattern of the letter.
- Try to be very concise while writing the letter.
- Use active voice for the letter.
- Include accurate facts in the paper.
- Include every detail in the letter.
For the Letter Writing Format, candidates can visit the linked article and get the format for letter writing in the SBI PO descriptive exam.
Candidates cannot afford to make grammatical errors in the SBI PO descriptive exams. Given below are the links that may help you improve the Grammar part for the Letter and essay writing:
The syllabus for mostly all bank exam is quite similar to each other. So candidates who are looking forward to apply for any other exam in the banking sector can get the detailed section-wise bank exam syllabus at the linked article.
These tips will surely help the aspirants to gear up for the SBI PO Descriptive paper and candidates can easily clear SBI PO recruitment with proper efforts and dedication.
For more information on upcoming bank exams, visit BYJU’S to get more useful preparation tips and excel in the respective applied for.
|SBI PO Mains||IBPS PO Mains||SBI PO Apply Online|
|SBI PO Eligibility Criteria||Bank PO||IBPS PO Mains Exam Analysis|
Frequently Asked Questions on SBI PO Descriptive Test
Q 1. Is there a descriptive test in the SBI PO exam?
Q 2. What type of questions are asked in the SBI PO descriptive test?
Q 3. Is the SBI PO descriptive test online or offline?
Q 4. How to prepare for the SBI PO descriptive test?
Ans. The topics asked in the SBI PO descriptive test are based on recent events across he world. Given below are the tips that can be followed to prepare for the descriptive exam:
- Read Newspaper daily
- Improve your typing skills to complete the test on time
- Build strong vocabulary
- Make no mistakes in the letter format
- Use active voice
- Don’t exaggerate on a point