The CAPF syllabus and exam pattern is set by the UPSC.
The constitutional body, Union Public Service Commission conducts UPSC CAPF exam to make the merit-based selection of Assistant Commandant (Group A) Officer in BSF, CISF, ITBP, CRPF, SSB, NSG and AR.
UPSC will conduct the Central Armed Police Force exam on 9th August 2029. Total number of vacancies that are to be filled in various divisions through UPSC CAPF exam shall be mentioned in the official notification fo UPSC CAPF.
The Online Application process of the CAPF exam shall start from April 22, 2020, and the last date to register for the same was 12th May 2020.
Candidates should check the linked article to know detailed information on CAPF Exam.
Important Dates related to UPSC CAPF exam 2020:
|UPSC CAPF official notification released||22 April 2020|
|Last date to fill CAPF Application Form||12 May 2020|
|Last date to download CAPF admit card||July 2020|
|Date of UPSC CAPF exam||9 August 2020|
Candidates applying for UPSC CAPF exam must know the detailed Assistant Commandant syllabus and the CAPF exam pattern 2020.
CAPF Exam Pattern
- The UPSC exam for CAPF comprises 2 Papers both in written format.
- Paper-I tests the general ability and intelligence of the candidates and is based on a multiple-choice question format.
- Paper-II is of descriptive nature and tests the language proficiency of the candidate.
- Candidates are given 2 hours time to complete 200 questions in paper-I carrying 250 marks and 3 hours to complete 6 descriptive type questions in paper-II carrying 200 marks.
|UPSC CAPF Exam pattern:|
|Name of the exam||Central Armed Police Force Assistant Commandant exam|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|First Round||Paper-I based on General Ability and Intelligence (Objective)
Paper-II based on General Studies, Essay and Comprehension (descriptive)
|Negative Marking||Only for Paper-I of first round; (0.33) mark deducts for each wrong answer|
|Second round||Physical Ability Test|
|Third round||Interview/Personality Test|
The detailed CAPF exam pattern for Assistant Commandant exam is given below:
Candidates who wish to take UPSC CAPF exam must check the CAPF eligibility criteria over here.
UPSC CAPF Syllabus For Assistant Commandant Exam
UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2020 for Paper-I tests the General Ability and Intelligence of the candidate. The section carries 125 questions with the total weightage of 250 marks.
The objective type questions with multiple choices in CAPF Paper-I cover the following topics:
- General Mental Ability: The questions designed in this will relate to logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude, data interpretation and numerical ability.
- General Science: this section test the knowledge of comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation, general awareness, and scientific temper including new areas of importance like Biotechnology, Information Technology, and Environmental Science.
- Current Affairs of National and International Importance: The questions of this section tests the awareness of the candidate of current events related to national and international level. Broadly it covers the area of culture, literature, music, arts, sports, societal and developmental issues, governance, business, industry, globalisation, and interplay among nations.
- Indian Polity and Economy: This section aims to test candidates’ knowledge of the political system and the constitution of the country, public administration, social system and economic development of the country, human rights and its indicator, last but not the least regional and international security issues.
- History of India: It cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects and also include the areas of freedom movement and growth of nationalism.
- Indian and World Geography: Questions in Indian and world geography covers the economic, social and physical aspects of geography relating to India and the World.
Candidates are suggested to check the detailed CAPF preparation tips and strategies in the linked article.
Paper-II of CAPF exam is of descriptive type. The CAPF Syllabus for paper-II covers General Studies, Essay and Comprehension carrying the weightage total of 200 marks.
CAPF AC Syllabus for Paper II is divided in two parts:
Part‐A – Totals 80 marks comprise essay questions that are to be answered in the narrative form either in Hindi or English.
The indicative topics in UPSC Assistant Commandant syllabus for essay are geography, polity, modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, economy, analytical ability, knowledge of security and human rights issues.
Part‐B – Total of part B is 120 marks covering questions related to comprehension, precis writing and other communication or language skills.
This part is to be attempted only in English. The topics covered in CAPF AC syllabus in this part are Comprehension passages, precis writing, simple grammar, developing counter arguments, and other aspects of language testing.
|UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2020 for Assistant Commandant Exam|
|Paper-I||General Ability||Analogies, Arrangements, Syllogisms, Spatial Orientation, Problem Solving, Space Visualization, Arithmetical Reasoning, Decision Making, Analysis, Ranking,Visual Memory, Arithmetic Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Figural Classification, Statement Conclusion, Relationship Concepts, etc.|
|Intelligence||General Mental Ability, Current Events of National and International Importance, General Science, Indian Polity and Economy, Indian and World Geography, and History of India|
|Paper-II||General Studies||Indian History, Indian Geography, Indian National Movement, National and International Current Affairs, Eminent Personalities, Cultural Heritage, About India, Environment, General Polity, General Science, Science and Technology, Economy, Indian Constitution, etc.|
|Comprehension and Essay and English Language||Comprehension, Essay Writing, Precis Writing, Report Writing, Counter Argument,, Language and Communication Skills, Grammar, Vocabulary, etc.|
UPSC CAPF AC Exam Marking Scheme
Besides knowing the CAPF exam pattern and UPSC Assistant Commandant Syllabus for CAPF recruitment Exam 2019, candidates must also know the marking scheme of CAPF exam.
Given below is CAPF marking scheme in detail:
- Negative marking is applicable only for objective type paper i.e. Paper-I.
- For each wrong answer, 1/3rd i.e. (0.33) marks will be deducted.
- If a candidate gives more than one answer for any question, it will be treated as a wrong answer and 1/3rd marks will be deducted for it, no matter if one of the answers marked happens to be correct.
- If a question is left blank i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate for a particular question, there will be no deductions for that question.
- Paper-II is descriptive type, hence no negative marking is applicable.