The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) sets the CAPF syllabus and exam pattern. Knowing the syllabus and CAPF exam pattern will help candidates make a strategy for preparation in a systematic manner.
The Union Public Service Commission has released the notification for CAPF 2021 exam on April 15th, 2021. Earlier the commission announced the exam date by publishing the CAPF Exam Calendar 2021. The date of the Central Armed Police Force written exam is August 8th, 2021. Candidates can visit the given link to go through the detailed notification on UPSC CAPF Notification page linked here.
The constitutional body, Union Public Service Commission conducts UPSC CAPF exam for the merit-based selection of Assistant Commandant (Group A) Officer in BSF, CISF, ITBP, CRPF, SSB, NSG and AR. Candidates should check the linked article to know detailed information on CAPF Exam.
The official notification released by UPSC mentions the CAPF syllabus and exam pattern in detail, which generally is the same every year. Candidates applying for UPSC CAPF exam must know the detailed Assistant Commandant syllabus and the CAPF exam pattern 2021.
Hence, the article aims to upkeep candidates with the syllabus and the exam pattern of CAPF so that they can start their preparation early to stay ahead of the competition.
Candidates can download the CAPF Syllabus PDF given below for reference.
Important dates related to UPSC CAPF exam 2021:
|UPSC CAPF 2020 Exam Dates|
|UPSC CAPF official notification released||April 15th 2021|
|Last date to fill CAPF Application Form||May 5th 2021|
|Admit Card for CAPF 2020||July 2021 (tentative)|
|Date of UPSC CAPF exam||August 8th 2021|
Candidates can keep track of CAPF admit card for the latest information on the same.
CAPF Exam Pattern
- The UPSC exam for CAPF comprises 2 Papers both in written format.
- Paper-I tests the general ability and intelligence of the candidates based on a multiple-choice question format.
- Paper-II is descriptive and tests the language proficiency of the candidate.
- Candidates get 2 hours to complete 200 questions in paper-I carrying 250 marks and 3 hours to complete 6 descriptive type questions in paper-II carrying 200 marks.
|UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern|
|Name of the exam||Central Armed Police Force Assistant Commandant Exam (UPSC CAPF AC Exam)|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|First Round||Paper-I based on General Ability and Intelligence (Objective)
Paper-II based on General Studies, Essay and Comprehension (descriptive)
|Negative Marking||Only for Paper-I of first-round; (0.33) marks deducts for each wrong answer|
|Second round||Physical Ability Test|
|Third round||Interview/Personality Test|
The detailed CAPF exam pattern for Assistant Commandant Exam is below:
Candidates who wish to take the Central Armed Police Force exam must check the CAPF eligibility criteria over here.
|Aspirants of UPSC CAPF, check the links given below for assistance in preparation:|
UPSC CAPF Syllabus For Assistant Commandant Exam
UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2021 for Paper-I tests the General Ability and Intelligence of the candidate. The section carries 125 questions with a total weightage of 250 marks.
The objective type questions with multiple choices in CAPF Paper-I cover the following topics:
- General Mental Ability: The questions designed in this will relate to logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude, data interpretation and numerical ability. Candidates can check essential topics for Reasoning section:
For more such articles on relevant reasoning topics, visit the Logical Reasoning page on the given link.
- General Science: This section test the knowledge of comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation, general awareness and scientific temper including new areas of importance like Biotechnology, Information Technology and Environmental Science. The best way to prepare for the General Science is to go through the NCERT Notes For UPSC, wherein you will get the detailed basic concepts.
- Current Affairs of National and International Importance: The questions of this section tests the awareness of the candidate of current events related to national and international level. Broadly it covers the area of culture, literature, music, arts, sports, societal and developmental issues, governance, business, industry, globalisation, and interplay among nations. Candidates can go through a few related topics given below:
For the preparation of Current Affairs in CAPF exam candidates can follow the links regularly:
- Indian Polity and Economy: This section aims to test candidates’ knowledge of the political system and the constitution of the country, public administration, social system and economic development of the country, human rights and its indicator, last but not the least regional and international security issues.
Check out a few crucial articles to prepare for this section-
- History of India: It covers the subject in its social, economic and political aspects and also includes the areas of freedom movement and growth of nationalism.
- Indian and World Geography: Questions in Indian and world geography cover the economic, social and physical aspects of geography relating to India and the World.
Given below are some of the relevant topics that can assist candidates in their preparation of CAPF exam.
- List of Highest Mountains in India
- List of Longest Rivers in the World
- List of Longest Bridges in India
- List of Languages of the World
- Neighbouring Countries of India
- Largest Volcanoes in the World
More such topics that can help you complete the CAPF Syllabus conveniently check the Static GK page.
Candidates can check the detailed CAPF preparation tips and strategies in the linked article.
CAPF Syllabus Paper II
Paper-II of CAPF exam is of descriptive type. The CAPF Syllabus for paper-II covers General Studies, Essay and Comprehension carrying a total weightage of 200 marks.
CAPF AC Syllabus for Paper II has two parts:
Part‐A – Totals 80 marks comprise essay questions. Candidates have to answer the questions in narrative form, either in Hindi or English.
The indicative topics in UPSC Assistant Commandant syllabus for the essay are geography, polity, modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, economy, analytical ability, knowledge of security and human rights issues.
Part‐B – Total of part B is 120 marks covering questions related to comprehension, precis writing and other communication or language skills.
Candidates can go through the links provided below for assistance:
Also, check a few important topics that are not directly asked but form a significant part of comprehensions, essays and precis writing. It is useful to upkeep with these.
- List of One Word Substitutions
- List of Homophones/Homonyms
- List of Synonyms and Antonyms
- Idioms And Phrases
- List of Prefix & Suffix
For more such important English topics visit the General English for Competitive exams page.
The part II is to be attempted only in English. The topics covered in CAPF AC syllabus in this part are Comprehension passages, precis writing, simple grammar, developing counter-arguments and other aspects of language testing.
|UPSC CAPF Syllabus 20221 for Assistant Commandant Exam|
|Paper-I||General Ability||Analogies, Arrangements, Syllogisms, Spatial Orientation, Problem Solving, Space Visualization, Arithmetical Reasoning, Decision Making, Analysis, Ranking, Visual Memory, Arithmetic Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Figural Classification, Statement Conclusion, Relationship Concepts, etc.|
|Intelligence||General Mental Ability, Current Events of National and International Importance, General Science, Indian Polity and Economy, Indian and World Geography and History of India|
|Paper-II||General Studies||Indian History, Indian Geography, Indian National Movement, National and International Current Affairs, Eminent Personalities, Cultural Heritage, About India, Environment, General Polity, General Science, Science and Technology, Economy, Indian Constitution, etc.|
|Comprehension and Essay and English Language||Comprehension, Essay Writing, Precis Writing, Report Writing, Counter Argument, Language and Communication Skills, Grammar, Vocabulary, etc.|
UPSC CAPF AC Exam Marking Scheme
Besides knowing the CAPF exam pattern and UPSC Assistant Commandant Syllabus for CAPF recruitment Exam, candidates must also know the marking scheme of CAPF exam.
Given below is the CAPF marking scheme in detail:
- Negative marking is applicable only for objective type paper, i.e. Paper-I.
- For each wrong answer, 1/3rd i.e. (0.33) marks will be deducted.
- If a candidate gives more than one answer for any question, it will be treated as a wrong answer and 1/3rd marks will be deducted for it, no matter if one of the answers marked happens to be correct.
- If a question is left blank i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate for a particular question, there will be no deductions for that question.
- Paper-II is descriptive type, hence no negative marking is applicable.
|Indo-Tibetian Border Police||Border Security Force|
|Central Industrial Security Force||Central Reserve Police Force|
|Sashastra Seema Bal|