The LIC HFL syllabus is set by Life Insurance Corporation of India.
The Public Sector undertaking LIC conducts LIC HFL exam to make the merit-based selection of Assistants, Associates and Assistant Managers in HFL- Housing Finance Limited.
LIC has come up with official notification of the Housing Finance Limited recruitment exam on 8th August 2019. A total of 300 vacancies are to be filled by eligible candidates for posts such as Assistant, Associates, Assistant Managers in LIC Housing Finance Limited.
Aspirants of LIC HFL exam 2019 can check the detailed LIC HFL notification here.
The Online Application process of the LIC HFL exam 2019 started on August 8, 2019, and the last date to register for the same is August 26, 2019, till 18:00 hours.
Candidates should check the linked article to know detailed information on LIC exams.
For candidates who aspire for Government exams, check the liked article for further information.
Important dates related to LIC HFL exam 2019 is given in the table below:
LIC HFL 2019 recruitment important dates
Online registration started
Online Application Last date
LIC HFL admit card download
LIC HFL exam date
August 8, 2019
August 26, 2019
September 9, 2019
October 9th and 10th 2019 (Tentative)
Candidates who wish to apply for LIC HFL recruitment exam 2019, must know the detailed LIC HFL syllabus and exam pattern.
LIC HFL Exam Pattern
LIC HFL recruitment exam is conducted in three-phase:
- HFL Online Examination
- Medical test
The LIC HFL exam pattern for Assistant, Associate and Assistant Manager posts are the same, just the level of difficulty varies according to the post.
LIC HFL online exam
- LIC HFL recruitment exam is an objective type paper with multiple-choice questions in English language only. Candidates are given 2 hours time to complete the exam.
- Separate exams are conducted for Assistant, Associate and Assistant Manager posts.
- There is a negative marking for every wrong attempt. Candidates lose 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- No penalty or negative marking is done for any question that is left blank.
The LIC HFL exam pattern for all the posts are the same, just the level of difficulty varies according to the post.
LIC HFL exam pattern
No of Question
LIC HFL recruitment board reserves the right to fix the minimum cut-off marks to finalize the number of candidates to be called for the next round i.e. the interview. The merit marks are set section-wise and on the total in HFL online exam.
LIC HFL Interview Round
Candidates are provisionally shortlisted for the LIC HFL interview, without any document verification.
In the interview round the candidates are subject to verification of all the documents and if they are found not satisfying the LIC HFL eligibility conditions, they are not allowed to appear for the interview.
Candidates who score minimum qualifying marks in online exam of HFL Assistant, Associate and Assistant Manager are called for the Interview round.
The call for Interview round depends on the number of vacancies in LIC HFL.
Candidates who fail to score the minimum qualifying marks in interview round are disqualified for the next sections.
LIC HFL Recruitment Final Selection
The final merit list and selection of candidates is done on the basis of combined marks of HFL online exam and Interview.
The final selection list of the candidates is separate for each post Assistant, Associate, Assistant Manager.
The selection list is strictly according to the merit ranking in online exam and minimum qualifying marks in the Interview. But, the LIC reserves the right to change the selection procedure. If required.
LIC HFL Medical Examination
The candidate who successfully qualifies the online exam and interview and is called for the final selection has to undergo the medical test conducted by LIC HFL.
Once the candidates are found by medically fit by the medical examiner appointed by LIC HFL, they are appointed as HFL Assistant, Assistant Manager and Associate in LIC.
LIC HFL Syllabus for HFL Recruitment Exam
Candidates aspiring for any PSU for a promising career have a good opportunity to appear for LIC HFL recruitment exam.
Candidates who wish to apply for LIC HFL exam must be well versed with the LIC HFL syllabus to prepare well for the exam.
The LIC HFL Syllabus covers the following sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude i.e. Numerical Ability
- General Awareness
- English Language
LIC HFL syllabus for the English Language
- Spot the Error
- Para Jumbles
- Cloze Test
- Phrase Substitution
- Sentence Improvement
- Sentence Connectors
- Spelling Mistakes
- Idioms & Phrases
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Reading Comprehension
LIC HFL Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
- Simplification & Approximation
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Quadratic Equations
- Ratio & Proportion
- Speed Time & Distance
- Time & Work
- Boats & Streams
- Age Problems
- Permutation & Combination
- Mixtures & Alligations
- Profit & Loss
LIC HFL Syllabus for Reasoning
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
- Data Sufficiency
- Statement & Assumption
- Word Formation
- Ordering & Ranking
- Alphanumeric Series
LIC HFL Syllabus for General Awareness
- Current Affairs
- Important Dates
- Banking Awareness
- Books & Authors
- Arts & Culture
- Computer Knowledge
- Indian & International Economy
- Inventions & Technology
LIC HFL Syllabus Preparation
LIC HFL recruitment exam covers vast syllabus divided into four sections.
We have collated some important LIC HFL preparation tips for LIC aspirants.
Candidates who wish to take LIC Housing Finance exam must follow the below-mentioned tips for LIC HFL preparation.
Tips for English Language preparation
- Read newspaper like The Times of India, The Hindu, and Economic Times
- Much importance should be given to Vocabulary building. Learn new words each day to enhance your word power
- Brush up basic grammar with emphasis on Articles, Tenses Voice Change, and Subject-Verb Agreement.
- Practice Error Spotting, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles each day.
- Practice LIC HFL online tests regularly.
Tips for Numerical Ability preparation:
- Before starting preparation for Quantitative Aptitude section it is important to learn the basics of each topic.
- Memorize the important formula, related concepts and Tables
- Some topics that are really important and can help you fetch good marks are Speed Time & Distance, Time & Work, Simplification/Approximation, Partnership, Mensuration & Geometry, Percentage & Probability, Trigonometry, Profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest.
- The most important of all, practise as many mock tests as possible.
Tips for General Awareness preparation:
- General Awareness section helps to fetch a lot of marks. Just grab some good books and study material and learn them by to ace this section.
- Newspaper, Magazines and Business Journal readings on a daily basis are of utmost importance to prepare for current affairs sections.
- There are some really good apps for daily GK preparation that can also help in your general awareness preparation.
- Lastly, practise online quizzes to test your GK preparation.
Tips for Reasoning Ability preparation:
- The reasoning is a scoring section, the more you practice the more you will be able to ace it.
- Include solving a puzzle while preparing for the reasoning section. Puzzles are an important part of this section.
- Some important topics in reasoning are Syllogisms, Coding-Decoding, Direction & Distance, Numeric/Alpha-numeric Series, Puzzles, Seating Arrangements and Data Sufficiency.
Aspirants of LIC HFL exam or any other exams under LIC can check the link for their Logical Reasoning preparation.
LIC HFL Exam Taking Strategies
- Time management is really important for any competitive exam.
- Wasting time on questions that you don’t know is a fool’s strategy. Solve easier sections like General awareness first and then go for tougher ones like reasoning and numerical ability.
- Designing a study plan for HFL preparation and following it regularly helps you cover all the portions.
- Giving ample amount of time to each section and practising each of them daily gives confidence for LIC HFL preparation.
- Stay calm and motivated. Do not deviate from your goal and stay focused.
- Practice concentration exercises.
- Play some sort of sport to keep your mind and body active.
- Keep your mind and body healthy and fit.