The LIC HFL syllabus is set by Life Insurance Corporation of India.
The Public Sector undertaking LIC conducts LIC HFL exam to make the merit-based selection of Assistants, Associates and Assistant Managers in HFL- Housing Finance Limited.
Apart from the LIC HFL exam, various other insurance exams are conducted in the country, Candidates looking forward to applying to these posts can visit the linked article.
|Prep yourself for the upcoming LIC HFL exam based on the latest exam pattern and syllabus.
Take a Free Online LIC HFL Mock Test Now!
Also, refer to the linked mentioned below and ace the LIC HFL exam:
Aspirants of LIC HFL exam 2019 can check the detailed LIC HFL notification here.
Candidates should check the linked article to know detailed information on LIC exams.
In this article, the detailed LIC HFL syllabus and exam pattern for the different phases of the examination has been discussed in depth. Aspirants willing to prepare themselves for the upcoming insurance sector exams must carefully analyse the section-wise and phase-wise syllabus given further below.
LIC HFL Exam Pattern
LIC HFL recruitment exam is conducted in three-phase:
- HFL Online Examination
- Medical test
The LIC HFL exam pattern for Assistant, Associate, and Assistant Manager posts are the same, just the level of difficulty varies according to the post.
LIC HFL online exam
- LIC HFL recruitment exam is an objective type paper with multiple-choice questions in English language only. Candidates are given 2 hours time to complete the exam.
- Separate exams are conducted for Assistant, Associate, and Assistant Manager posts.
- There is a negative marking for every wrong attempt. Candidates lose 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- No penalty or negative marking is done for any question that is left blank.
The LIC HFL exam pattern for all the posts are the same, just the level of difficulty varies according to the post.
|LIC HFL exam pattern|
|Subjects||Duration||No of Question||Max Marks|
|English Language||35 Minutes||50 each||50 each|
|Logical Reasoning||35 Minutes|
|General Awareness||15 Minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35 Minutes|
LIC HFL recruitment board reserves the right to fix the minimum cut-off marks to finalize the number of candidates to be called for the next round i.e. the interview. The merit marks are set section-wise and on the total in HFL online exam.
LIC HFL Interview Round
Candidates are provisionally shortlisted for the LIC HFL interview, without any document verification.
In the interview round the candidates are subject to verification of all the documents and if they are found not satisfying the LIC HFL eligibility conditions, they are not allowed to appear for the interview.
Candidates who score minimum qualifying marks in online exam of HFL Assistant, Associate and Assistant Manager are called for the Interview round.
The call for Interview round depends on the number of vacancies in LIC HFL.
Candidates who fail to score the minimum qualifying marks in interview round are disqualified for the next sections.
LIC HFL Recruitment Final Selection
The final merit list and selection of candidates is done on the basis of combined marks of HFL online exam and Interview.
The final selection list of the candidates is separate for each post Assistant, Associate, Assistant Manager.
The selection list is strictly according to the merit ranking in online exam and minimum qualifying marks in the Interview. But, the LIC reserves the right to change the selection procedure. If required.
LIC HFL Medical Examination
The candidate who successfully qualifies the online exam and interview and is called for the final selection has to undergo the medical test conducted by LIC HFL.
Once the candidates are found by medically fit by the medical examiner appointed by LIC HFL, they are appointed as HFL Assistant, Assistant Manager and Associate in LIC.
LIC HFL Syllabus for HFL Recruitment Exam
Candidates aspiring for any PSU for a promising career have a good opportunity to appear for LIC HFL recruitment exam.
Candidates who wish to apply for LIC HFL exam must be well versed with the LIC HFL syllabus to prepare well for the exam.
The LIC HFL Syllabus covers the following sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude i.e. Numerical Ability
- General Awareness
- English Language
LIC HFL syllabus for the English Language
- Spot the Error
- Para Jumbles
- Cloze Test
- Phrase Substitution
- Sentence Improvement
- Sentence Connectors
- Spelling Mistakes
- Idioms & Phrases
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Reading Comprehension
To avoid mistakes in the English Language section, candidates can visit the below mentioned links:
LIC HFL Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
- Simplification & Approximation
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Quadratic Equations
- Ratio & Proportion
- Speed Time & Distance
- Time & Work
- Boats & Streams
- Age Problems
- Permutation & Combination
- Mixtures & Alligations
- Profit & Loss
Aspirants can check the maths tricks and shortcuts to solve the Quantitative Aptitude section more efficiently and within a shorter time span.
LIC HFL Syllabus for Reasoning
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
- Data Sufficiency
- Statement & Assumption
- Word Formation
- Ordering & Ranking
- Alphanumeric Series
LIC HFL Syllabus for General Awareness
- Current Affairs
- Important Dates
- Banking Awareness
- Books & Authors
- Arts & Culture
- Computer Knowledge
- Indian & International Economy
- Inventions & Technology
LIC HFL Syllabus Preparation
LIC HFL recruitment exam covers vast syllabus divided into four sections.
We have collated some important LIC HFL preparation tips for LIC aspirants.
Candidates who wish to take LIC Housing Finance exam must follow the below-mentioned tips for LIC HFL preparation.
Tips for English Language preparation
- Read newspaper like The Times of India, The Hindu, and Economic Times
- Much importance should be given to Vocabulary building. Learn new words each day to enhance your word power
- Brush up basic grammar with emphasis on Articles, Tenses Voice Change, and Subject-Verb Agreement.
- Practice Error Spotting, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles each day.
- Practice LIC HFL online tests regularly.
Tips for Numerical Ability preparation:
- Before starting preparation for Quantitative Aptitude section it is important to learn the basics of each topic.
- Memorize the important formula, related concepts, and Tables
- Some topics that are really important and can help you fetch good marks are Speed Time & Distance, Time & Work, Simplification/Approximation, Partnership, Mensuration & Geometry, Percentage & Probability, Trigonometry, Profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest.
- The most important of all, practise as many mock tests as possible.
Tips for General Awareness preparation:
- General Awareness section helps to fetch a lot of marks. Just grab some good books and study material and learn them by to ace this section.
- Newspaper, Magazines, and Business Journal readings on a daily basis are of utmost importance to prepare for current affairs sections.
- There are some really good apps for daily GK preparation that can also help in your general awareness preparation.
- Lastly, practise online quizzes to test your GK preparation.
Other General Awareness Topics are given below:
|List of Governors of India||Dams in India||Government Schemes|
|Principles of Insurance||Country, Capital & Currency||List of Neighbouring Countries of India|
Tips for Reasoning Ability preparation:
- The reasoning is a scoring section, the more you practice the more you will be able to ace it.
- Include solving a puzzle while preparing for the reasoning section. Puzzles are an important part of this section.
- Some important topics in reasoning are Syllogisms, Coding-Decoding, Direction & Distance, Numeric/Alpha-numeric Series, Puzzles, Seating Arrangements and Data Sufficiency.
Aspirants of LIC HFL exam or any other exams under LIC can check the link for their Logical Reasoning preparation.
LIC HFL Exam Taking Strategies
- Time management is really important for any competitive exam.
- Wasting time on questions that you don’t know is a fool’s strategy. Solve easier sections like General awareness first and then go for tougher ones like reasoning and numerical ability.
- Designing a study plan for HFL preparation and following it regularly helps you cover all the portions.
- Giving ample amount of time to each section and practising each of them daily gives confidence for LIC HFL preparation.
- Solve LIC HFL mock test series and analyse your performance and know the type of questions asked in the exam.
- Stay calm and motivated. Do not deviate from your goal and stay focused.
- Practice concentration exercises.
- Play some sort of sport to keep your mind and body active.
- Keep your mind and body healthy and fit.
|LIC ADO Exam||LIC AAO Exam|
|LIC ADO Syllabus||LIC AAO Syllabus|
|LIC AAO preparation||LIC AAO Mock Tests|
Frequently Asked Questions on LIC HFL Syllabus
Q 1. Is the LIC HFL syllabus and exam pattern the same as LIC AAO exam?
Q 2. What are the important subjects included in the LIC HFL syllabus?
Q 3. Which are the best books based on the latest LIC HFL exam pattern?
Ans. Given below is the booklist for the LIC HFL exam preparation:
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K.Pandey
- Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Agarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams by R.S.Agarwal
- Fastrack Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
- Objective General English by S.P.Bakshi
- General Knowledge by Arihant Publications
To keep themselves updated, candidates must also read the newspaper on a daily basis to stay updated with the National and International news and developments.