Life Insurance Corporation holds the recruitment of LIC HFL exam on an annual basis and lakhs of candidates apply for LIC HFL exam every year. The competition for LIC HFL exam is really tough. Therefore, to ace the exam it is important for aspirants to take free LIC HFL Mock Tests provided by BYJU’s to prepare well and outdo the competitors in LIC HFL exam.
LIC conducts recruitment exams in Housing Limited Finance to recruit Assistant, Associates and Assistant Managers. Candidates who wish to be an Associate or Assistant Manager at LIC must start with their revision and preparation early by taking online LIC HFL Mock Test free.
LIC HFL Mock Test 1:- Download PDF Here
LIC HFL Mock Test 2:- Download PDF Here
LIC HFL Mock Test 3:- Download PDF Here
Life Insurance Corporation of India conducts various LIC exams annually of which LIC HFL exam is conducted to recruit various eligible candidates as Associates and Assistant Managers in the branches of LIC all over the nation.
Know more about various LIC Exams in the article linked here.
LIC HFL stands for Housing Finance Limited.it is a sister concern of Life Insurance Corporation of India. The LIC HFL job profile offers handsome salary packages and good opportunities for professional growth.
Other related links:
In each LIC HFL Mock Test, there are 25 model questions that are based on the previous year papers of LIC HFL exam.
The three prominent sections of LIC HFL exam i.e. Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and Reasoning are covered extensively in each LIC HFL Mock Test series provided by BYJU’s.
LIC HFL Mock Tests give detailed solutions to each question in all the mock tests along with the Answer keys. Not just that, it is 100% free and made comprehensively for LIC HFL exam preparation.
LIC HFL free mock tests follow the syllabus and are made in alignment with the actual LIC HFL exam pattern.
LIC HFL Exam Pattern
Life Insurance Corporation is the body that sets the exam pattern of LIC HFL examination. LIC HFL exam is conducted in three-phase:
- HFL Online Examination
- Medical test
Candidates who effectively qualify the online exam are called for personality test/interview round followed by the Medical fitness test.
There are other Government exams helpful for aspirants trying for various posts under the Government of India.
The latest LIC HFL Exam pattern is as mentioned below:
|LIC HFL Exam Pattern|
|English Language||35 Minutes|
|Logical Reasoning||35 Minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35 Minutes|
|General Awareness||15 Minutes|
By taking the LIC HFL Mock Test series, candidates get a chance to revise and practice the whole syllabus and analyse their preparation level before the final exams.
Also, by taking mock tests on a regular basis candidates understand the latest exam pattern, important topics of the syllabus, the scope of questions and most importantly time to be given to each question during the final examination.
For extensive preparation of LIC HFL exam, candidates must take Online Quizzes and practice LIC HFL previous year papers along with LIC HFL Mock Tests.
The LIC HFL free mock test pattern will be the same as the one given below. Candidates can refer to the free LICHFL mock test given below.
LIC HFL Mock Test 1
Directions 1-3: In each question, four sentences labeled 1,2,3 and 4 are given. From the given four options choose the most logical order of the sentences to form a coherent paragraph.
- Nature itself is an intricate system of checks and balances, meant to preserve the delicate balance between various environmental factors that affect our ecology.
- Group decision-making, however, does not necessarily fully guard against arbitrariness and anarchy, for individual capriciousness can get substituted by collusion of group members.
- When human interventions alter this delicate balance, the outcomes have been seen to be disastrous.
- In institutions also, there is a need to have in place a system of checks and balances which inhibits the concentration of power in the hands of only some individuals.
- Then, while the pharmacist was wrapping up a six-ounce bottle of the mixture, I groaned and inquired whether he could give me something for acute gastric cramp.
- The man shuffled away into the back regions to make up a prescription, and after a moment I got through on the shop-telephone to the Consulate, intimating my location.
- With that, I swallowed the shampoo, and obtained the most realistic results almost on the spot.
- I intended to stage a sharp gastric attack, and entering an old-fashioned pharmacy, I asked for a popular shampoo mixture, consisting of olive oil and flaked soap.
- Thus, the analysis would shift to the power resources possessed by different groups in the organization and the way they use these resources in actual power plays to shape the organizational structure.
- In rejecting the functionalism in positivist organization theory, either wholly or partially, there is often a move towards a political model of organization theory.
- The political model holds that individual interests are pursued in organizational life through the exercise of power and influence.
- At the extreme, in one set of writings, the growth of administrators in the organization is held to be completely unrelated to the work to be done and to be caused totally by the political pursuit of self-interest.
Directions 4-6 A part of the sentence is underlined in each question given below along with four alternative ways of phrasing the underlined part. Choose the best alternative.
Q.4. Mr Bhillai, the president of the union and who is also a member of the community group, will be in charge of the negotiations.
- since he is a member of the community group
- a member of the community group
- also being a member of the community group
- in addition, who is a member of the community group
Q.5. His mother made great sacrifices to educate him, moving house on three occasions, and severing the thread on her loom’s shuttle whenever Mencius neglected his lessons to make him understand the need to persevere.
- severed the thread on her loom’s shuttle whenever Mencius neglected his lessons to make him understand the need to persevere.
- severed the thread on her loom’s shuttle whenever Mencius neglected his lessons to make him understand the need for persevering.
- severing the thread on her loom’s shuttle whenever Mencius neglected his lessons to make him understand the need to persevere.
- severing the thread on her loom’s shuttle whenever Mencius neglected his lessons to make them understand the need to persevere.
Q.6. Many of these environmentalists proclaim to save nothing less than the planet itself.
- that they save nothing less than
- to save nothing lesser than
- that they are saving nothing lesser than
- to save nothing less than
Directions 7-9 Read each of the short passages given below and mark the correct answer of the question that follows it.
Developed countries have made adequate provisions for social security for senior citizens. State
insurers (as well as private ones) offer medicare and pension benefits to people who can no longer earn. In India, with the collapse of the joint family system, the traditional shelter of the elderly has disappeared. And the state faced with a financial crunch is not in a position to provide social security. So, it is advisable that the working population give serious thought to building a financial base for itself.
Which one of the following, if it were to happen, weakens the conclusions drawn in the above passage the most?
- India is on a path of development that will take it to a developed country status, with all its positive and negative implications.
- The investable income of the working population, as a proportion of its total income, will grow in the future.
- If the working population builds a stronger financial base, there will be a revival of the joint family system.
- The insurance sector is underdeveloped and trends indicate that it will be extensively privatized in the future.
Q.8. Cigarettes constitute a mere 20 percent of tobacco consumption in India, and fewer than 15 percent of the 200 million tobacco users consume cigarettes. Yet these 15 per cent contribute nearly 90 per cent of the tax revenues to the exchequer from the tobacco sector. The punitive cigarette taxation regime has kept the tax base narrow, and reducing taxes will expand this base.
Which of the following best bolsters the conclusion that reducing duties will expand the tax base?
- The cigarette manufacturers are lobbying for a reduction in duties.
- The cigarette manufacturers’ association has decided to indulge in aggressive promotion.
- An increase in duties on non-cigarette tobacco may lead to a shift in favour of cigarette smoking.
- There is a likelihood that tobacco consumers will shift to cigarette smoking if cigarette prices were to reduce.
Q.9. Animals, in general, are shrewd in proportion as they cultivate society. Elephants and beavers show the greatest signs of this sagacity when they are together in large numbers, but when man invades their communities they lose all their spirit of industry. Among insects, the labours of the bee and the ant have attracted the attention and admiration of naturalists, but all their sagacity seems to be lost upon separation, and a single bee or ant seems destitute of every degree of industry. It becomes the most stupid insect imaginable, and it languishes and soon dies.
Which of the following can be inferred from the above passage?
- Naturalists have great admiration for bees and ants, despite their lack of industry upon separation.
- Humankind is responsible for the destruction of the natural habitat of animals and insects.
- Animals, in general, are unable to function effectively outside their normal social environment.
- Elephants and beavers are smarter than bees and ants in the presence of human beings.
Directions 10- 13 Read the information given and answer the questions following.
Agrim, Bimal, Chandan, Dhanush, Eshwar, Fateh and Gaura are sitting around a circle of which five are facing the center while two are facing opposite to the center. Eshwar is not the immediate neighbor of Chandan and Dhanush. Chandan sits third to the left of Dhanush and both are facing the center. The one sitting exactly between Dhanush and Fateh is facing opposite the center. One of Bimal’s neighbors is facing opposite the center and Gaura is facing the center and sits third to the right of Agrim.
Q 10. What is the position of Fateh with respect to Bimal?
- Second to right
- Fourth to the right
- Fourth to the left
- Second to the left
Q 11. Which of the following pair is facing opposite the center?
- Fateh and Bimal
- Eshwar and Agrim
- Fateh and Chandan
- Chandan and Eshwar
Q 12. Name of the person sitting third to the left of Agrim?
Q 13. If all seven are asked to sit in a clockwise direction and in an alphabetical order then excluding Agrim, the position of how many will remain unchanged?
Some ice is cold
All ice is Ice Creams
No ice cream is a Cream
- All ice creams can never be ice
- All creams being ice is a possibility
- None follows
- Both follow
- Only II follows
- Only I follows
Q.15. How many such pairs of words are there in PHILANTHROPIST, each of which has as many letters between them as they have in the English alphabetical series (both backward and forward)?
- More than 7
- Less than 10
No Bag is helmet
All helmet are wallets
No wallets is purse
- No purse is helmets
- All bags being wallets is a possibility
- Only I follows
- Both I and II follow
- Only II follows
- None Follows
Q.17. In a certain code POKER is written as EXDJO, in the same code how will SHAME be written as?
Q.18. How many boxes are required to fill 15 kg of sweets if each box is filled with 250 grams of sweets?
Solution 18. Number of boxes required = [15 x 1000] / 250 = 60
Q.19. What is the smallest number by which 3600 be divided to make it a perfect cube?
Solution 19. 3600 = 23 x 52 x 32 x 2
To make it a perfect cube it must be divided by 52 x 32 x 2 i.e. 450
Q.20. There are 24 students in a class. One of them, who was 18 years old, was replaced by a newcomer. If the average age of the class was thereby decreased by one month, then the age of the newcomer is?
- 17 years
- 16 years
- 15 years
- 14 years
Solution 20. Total age decreased = (24 x 1) = n24 months i.e. 2 years
Therefore, average age of the newcomer = 18 – 2 years = 16 years
Q.21. The average age of people in group A is 16 years. If group B having 20 people with an average age of 15 years join them, the average age becomes 15.5 years. The number of people in Group A is?
Solution 21. Let the number of people in Group A = y
then , 16y + 20 x 15 = 15.5 (y + 20)
0.5y = 10
Y = 20
Q.22. The sum of two numbers is 37 and the difference of their squares is 185, then the difference between the two numbers is?
Solution 22. Let the numbers be a and b, where a > b.
As per the question, a + b = 37 and a2 – b2 = 185
(a + b) (a – b) = 185
37 (a – b) = 185
(a-b) = 185/37 = 5
Q.23. The present age of Ram, Shyam, and Durga are in proportion 4 : 7 : 9. Eight years ago the sum of their ages was 56 years. What is the present age of the eldest member?
- 36 years
- 38 years
- 48 years
- 45 years
Solution 23. Ram : Shyam : Durga = 4 : 7 : 9
and (Ram + Shyam + Durga) – 56 + (8 + 8 + 8) = 80
Therefore, Durga’s age(the eldest member seeing the ratio) = [80 x 9/20] years
= 36 years.
Q.24. The ages of S and A are in the ratio 7 : 3 respectively. After 6 years their ratio will be 5 : 3. What is the difference in their ages now?
- 12 years
- 10 years
- 8 years
- 6 years
Solution 24. Let the ages of S and A = 7y and 3y
Then, [7y + 6] / [3y + 6] = 5/3
3(7y + 6) = 5 (3y + 6)
21y + 18 = 15y + 30
6y = 12
Therefore, difference in the ages = 7y – 3y = 4y
4 x 2 = 8 years
Q.25. In limestone, 40% is calcium and the rest is carbon and oxygen. If in 20kg of Limestone there is 9.4 kg of Oxygen, then what is the percentage of Carbon in it?
Percentage of Oxygen= (9.4/20 x 100) % = 47%
Therefore, percentage of carbon = [ 100 – (40 + 47)]% = 13%
All the Best!