NIACL will soon release the official notification for the post of NIACL Assistant. The New India Assurance Company Limited is a leading General Insurance Company of the country. NIACL conducts recruitment annually for the position of Administrative Officer and Assistant.
Candidates willing to apply for the position of NIACL Assistant, are required to qualify the NIACL Assistant Examination conducted by the NIACL every year. The NIACL Assistant exam is not annually conducted and candidates anticipate for the recruitment process each year.
To know more about NIACL, refer to the linked article.
|Table of Contents:|
NIACL Assistant Exam Dates
NIACL conducted NIACL Assistant exam on 6th October 2018. The exam date for the year 2022 will soon be released on the official website.
To get the updates regarding the Government exams 2022, candidates can visit the latest notifications page.
To know more, refer to the table below:
|NIACL Assistant Exam Details||2018||2022 (tentative)|
|Online registration start date||16th August 2018||To be notified|
|Application process||16th August 2018 to 31st August 2018||To be notified|
|NIACL Assistant Phase 1 exam||8th and 9th August 2018||To be notified|
|NIACL Assistant Phase 2 exam||6th October 2018||To be notified|
Candidates can check the official website regularly for more updates on NIACL recruitment.
NIACL Assistant Vacancy
The total number of vacancies for 2022 will soon be released by NIACL. As per the NIACL Assistant 2018 notification, a total number of 685 vacancies were released for the post.
Refer to the table below to know about the 2018 vacancy.
|Category-wise Vacancy for NIACL Assistant 2018 (Provisional)|
|OBC||GENERAL||Scheduled Cast (SC)||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||TOTAL|
|Category-wise Vacancy for Backlog|
The recruitment process for NIACL Assistant is done on State/ UT basis; for example, if a candidate applies for a vacancy in Maharashtra State would be considered for employment in that State only.
The detailed State / Union Territory wise vacancies for NIACL Assistant can be found in the image below:
|Start your preparation for the NIACL Assistant Recruitment now. Refer to the links below and ace the upcoming insurance exam:|
NIACL Assistant Eligibility
Before applying for any vacancy, candidates must go through the eligibility criteria required for the post. The eligibility for 2022 recruitment will soon be released by NIACL.
However, the 2018 eligibility conditions for the post of NIACL Assistant are discussed below:
The nationality conditions required for the post of NIACL Assistant are:
- A candidate must be an Indian citizen or
- Any candidate who is a subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- Any person having an Indian origin and has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam are also eligible to apply.
- A Tibetan refugee who migrated to India before 1st January 1962 for permanent settlement can also apply for the exam.
Candidates belonging to the categories- (b), (c) and (d) should have an eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India.
- Age Limit (as on 30-06-2018): Candidates must be born on or after 1st July 1988 and not later than 30th June 1997.
For further information, refer to the table below:
|NIACL Assistant Eligibility (Upper Age Relaxation)|
|SC/ST||OBC||Persons With Disability||Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Widows/Divorced women||Domicile of the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1-1-80 to 31-12-89||Existing Employees of NIACL|
|5 years||3 years||10 years||Actual period of service rendered in the defense forces + 3 years subject to a maximum of 45 years.||5 years||5 years||5 years|
3. Educational Qualification
The candidates must fulfill the following educational qualification:
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university or any equivalent qualification recognised by the Central government is required.
- The candidate should have passed in English as one of the subjects at SSC/ HSC/Intermediate/ Graduation level.
- Candidate should be proficient in the regional language of the State for which he/she wishes to apply.
For any further information, candidates can download the official notification for NIACL Assistant 2018.
|NIACL AO Salary||NIACL AO Mock Test||NIACL Assistant Salary|
|NIACL Assistant Mock Test||NIACL Preparation||LIC Exam|
NIACL Assistant Salary
The newly appointed employees will be on probation period for a minimum of 6 months and can be extended as per the performance.
Candidates resigning during the probation period and those who are terminated during the probation period shall be liable to pay an amount equivalent to the salary and an amount of Rs. 25,000/·
The pay scale and basic pay of NIACL Assistant as per the 7th Pay Commission are given below:
|NIACL Assistant Salary|
|Pay Scale||Basic Pay|
|14435-840(1)-15275-915(2)-17105-1030(5)-22255-1195(2)-24645-1455(3}-2901 0-1510(2)-32030-1610(5)-40080||Rs.23500/- per month|
NIACL Assistant Selection Process
The selection for the post of NIACL Assistant is done through an online test. NIACL Assistant exam is conducted in two phases:
1. Phase-I: NIACL Assistant Prelims Examination
The Prelims exam is an online objective test and consists of three papers:
- English Language
- Numerical Ability
2. Phase-II: NIACL Assistant Mains Examination
The mode of Mains examination is online and consist of objective type questions. The subjects included are:
- English Language
- General Awareness
- Computer Knowledge
- Numerical Ability
For detailed information, refer to the table below:
|NIACL Assistant||Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|NIACL Assistant Prelims Examination||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|NIACL Assistant Mains Examination||Reasoning||40||50||Composite 120 minutes|
The prelims exam is conducted for 100 marks while the mains examination is of 250 marks. There is negative marking in both phases. For each wrong attempt, ¼ th of the mark assigned against that question will be deducted.
Some of the important points regarding the selection of NIACL Assistant are:
- The medium of online exam will be in English & Hindi except for the English Language.
- Each candidate must obtain a minimum total score (as decided by NIACL) to qualify the Mains examination.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for Regional Language Test, before final selection. This test is of qualifying nature, and no separate marks will be awarded for it.
- Final selection will be made on the basis of performance in the online Mains examination as well as in the Regional Language Test.
- If two or more candidates in the merit list score the same marks, the senior-most candidate will be shortlisted for further process of recruitment.
Candidates preparing for other insurance exams can refer to the linked article.
NIACL Assistant Examination is conducted is several States and Union Territories. The company has the right to cancel or add any of the Examination Centres depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
Refer to the image below to know about 2018 exam centres:
NIACL Assistant Application Process
Before proceeding for the application process, candidates are advised to register themselves for the NIACL Assistant Exam. Candidates can fill up the registration form through the official website.
Candidates should provide a valid email-id and phone number while registering for the exam. After completing the registration process, a password and an application number will be generated by the system which will be required for any future reference.
The essential documents required for the application process are listed below:
- Scanned copies of all the marks-card
- A valid photo-ID card approved by the Government of India
- A scanned copy of photo, signature and left thumb impression of the candidate
It is advised to verify the details filled in the application form as no changes will be entertained after the final submission.
NIACL Assistant Cut-off
Candidates must clear the minimum cut-off marks to get short-listed for the final selection.
Refer to the image below to know the State-wise / Category-wise cut-off for NIACL Assistant Mains Examination 2018 :
The State-wise / Category-wise cut-off for NIACL Assistant Exam 2016 is given below:
Candidates preparing for the upcoming NIACL recruitment can refer to the links below and get the detailed section-wise syllabus and accordingly start their preparation:
|Logical Reasoning||Verbal Ability|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Banking Awareness|
|Computer Knowledge||Daily Comprehensive News Analysis|