The New India Assurance Company Limited will soon invite applicants for the post of NIACL Assistant 2020. NIACL conducts NIACL Assistant Exam annually for recruitment of candidates to the position of NIACL Assistant. Since the rate of competition is increasing every year, candidates must follow a proper NIACL Assistant Preparation to crack the examination at the first attempt.
In this article, we will provide you with the detailed preparation tips for both NIACL Assistant Prelims and NIACL Assistant Mains Examination.
For further information, refer to the table provided below:
|NIACL Assistant Examination|
|Mode of examination||Examination Phases||Total Marks|
|Online Test||NIACL Assistant Prelims||100|
|NIACL Assistant Mains||250|
|Conducting Body||New India Assurance Company Limited|
To know more about NIACL, refer to the link provided.
NIACL Assistant Exam Pattern
Being one of the leading General Insurance Company of the country, NIACL is the aim of many candidates. Several candidates apply for the NIACL Assistant Exam to get recruited as NIACL Assistant. Before starting with the NIACL Assistant Preparation, candidates must be familiar with the latest exam pattern and syllabus.
NIACL will soon release the official notification for NIACL Assistant Exam 2020. However, candidates can refer to the 2018 exam pattern for their preparation.
NIACL Assistant Exam is an online computer-based test and is conducted in two phases:
- NIACL Assistant Prelims Exam
- NIACL Assistant Mains Exam
The subjects included in NIACL Assistant Exams are:
- English Language
- Numerical Ability
- General Awareness
- Computer Knowledge
For further information, refer to the table below:
|NIACL Assistant||Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|NIACL Assistant Prelims Examination||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|NIACL Assistant Mains Examination||Reasoning||40||50||Composite 120 minutes|
Candidates preparing for other insurance exams can also refer to the NIACL Assistant Syllabus for their preparation as the subjects included for both the exams are similar.
To check the detailed syllabus, download the PDF below.
NIACL Assistant BookList
Many candidates often find it difficult to select the right books for their preparation and thereafter, fails to qualify the NIACL Assistant Exam at the first attempt. Choosing the appropriate books for NIACL Assistant Preparation is an essential factor to score well in the examination.
Candidates can go through the following booklist that will help them to prepare well for the exam:
- Booklist for Reasoning Ability
The recommended books for reasoning ability are listed in the table below:
|NIACL Assistant Preparation|
|Reasoning Ability||Books||Authors / Publications|
|Logical & Analytical Reasoning (English)||A. K. Gupta|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal (English)||B. S. Sijwali, Indu Sijwali|
|Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S.Aggarwal|
- Booklist for the English Language
Candidates can refer to the following books for the preparation of the English Language:
- Perfect Competitive English by V.K.Sinha
- Competitive General English by Kiran Prakashan
- Corrective English by AK Singh
- Booklist for Numerical Aptitude
The numerical aptitude test is conducted to test the logical thinking ability of the candidates. Candidates can refer the following books for the preparation purpose:
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S.Aggarwal
- Numerical Ability and Mathematical Aptitude by Dr. A.B. Rao
- Booklist for General Awareness
The recommended books for general awareness are listed below:
|General Awareness||Books||Authors and Publications|
|General Knowledge 2018||Manohar Pandey
|General Knowledge||Sanjiv Kumar
|Objective General Knowledge||Lucent Publications|
- Booklist for Computer Knowledge
Candidates can refer to the following books to have a clear concept on computer application:
- Computer Awareness by Arihant Publication
- Computer Knowledge & Literacy by Kiran Prakashan
- Computer Awareness by Soumya Ranjan Behera ( B.K.Publications Pvt. Ltd)
To know about other government exams refer to the linked article.
Other related links:
|NIACL AO Salary||NIACL AO Mock Test||NIACL Assistant Salary|
|NIACL Assistant Mock Test||NIACL Preparation||LIC Exam|
NIACL Assistant Preparation Tips
Apart from knowing the NIACL Assistant Syllabus and exam pattern, aspirants must be familiar with some important tips for NIACL Assistant Preparation.
Candidates can refer to the following NIACL Assistant Exam preparation tips to score well in the exam:
- Candidates must go through the entire syllabus before proceeding with their preparation.
- Dividing the topics as per the time-schedule is important for the preparation of any exam
- Candidates should look for their strengths in the paper and make sure they prepare them well.
- Since there is negative marking for each wrong attempt, candidates should not attempt the questions they are not sure of.
- Going through the newspapers and keeping a track on all recent activities would help the candidates to score well in the general awareness section.
- Candidates can practise the NIACL Assistant mock tests regularly to have an idea about the level of questions asked. There are many NIACL Assistant mock tests available online.
Candidate applying for NIACL AO can check the linked article.
Preparation Tips for the English Language
- Reduce the basic grammatical error regarding vocabulary, voice change, tenses and subject-verb agreement.
- Read English books and newspapers regularly to brush up your comprehension skills and vocabulary.
- Candidates should give more emphasis to sentence correction, para building and jumbled words. Candidates can also refer to the NIACL Assistant previous year papers for better understanding.
Preparation Tips for Numerical Aptitude
- This section checks the mathematical skills of the candidate. Thorough practice and solving a sufficient number of questions will help the candidate in attempting maximum questions in this section.
- The candidates should be familiar with the basic concepts of mathematics.
- Try to solve the less time-consuming questions at first and then move to the longer ones.
Preparation Tips for Reasoning
This section tests the mental alertness and logical skills of the candidates. Practising the NIACL Assistant mock tests on a regular basis can help the candidates to score well.
The candidates should focus on the following topics:
- Linear and Circular Sitting Arrangements
- Alphabet Series
- Verbal Reasoning
- Blood Relations
- Number Series
Preparation Tips for General Awareness
- General Awareness is as a scoring subject. Regular reading of the Newspapers and GK books can help the candidates in fetching good marks.
- Keep track of the various national and international events.
- Take online quizzes related to current affairs.