LIC AAO exam is conducted for the recruitment of candidates willing to join Life Insurance Corporation of India. The exam is not undertaken annually, and candidates have to wait for a longer duration of time to apply for the examination.
The LIC AAO Recruitment 2022 is about to release soon and candidates who are willing to apply for the post must start giving final touches to their preparation and start with their revisions.
Candidates who are looking for more information regarding the Assistant Administrative Officer exam, the post, eligibility, etc. can visit the LIC AAO exam page for any further information.
|Table of Contents:|
LIC released 168 vacancies for Assistant Administrative Officer for different specializations in 2020. The preparation for LIC AAO requires a lot of hard work as it is one of the most challenging exams in the banking and insurance sector.
For aspirants who missed the opportunity to apply this year must continue with their LIC AAO preparation as the number of vacancies released for this post are way less in comparison to the number of candidates applying for it. Thus, thorough preparation is required to succeed in the exam.
Candidates willing to apply for LIC Exams can visit the linked article for more details.
|Test your preparation for the LIC AAO 2022 exam with the Free Online LIC AAO Mock Test Series.
Also, refer to the links mentioned below and ace the Assistant Administrative Officer exam 2022:
The LIC AAO notification 2020-21 has been released and candidates can refer to the important dates given below and start their preparation:
|LIC AAO Exam 2020-21|
|Online Registration||February 25, 2020|
|Preliminary Exam||28th August 2021|
|Mains Exam||31st October 2021|
|Interview||17th January 2022|
Interested candidates can get the detailed exam schedule for this year’s LIC AAO recruitment along with the previous year important exam dates at the LIC Exam Dates page. Here candidates can also check the exam dates for the other important Life Corporation of India exams.
LIC AAO Syllabus and Exam Pattern
The exam is conducted in three stages, and candidates who wish to join LIC need to qualify all the three phases. Once the recruitment process is complete, the selected candidates undergo a medical exam and then finally the recruitment is done.
There are a few common topics which are included in the syllabus for LIC AAO exam for the different posts:
The exam pattern for LIC AAO 2022 is as mentioned below:
|LIC AAO Exam Pattern|
|LIC AAO Exam||Syllabus||Marks||Duration|
|Preliminary Exam||Quantitative Aptitude||35 marks||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35 marks||20 minutes|
|English Language with special emphasis on grammar, vocabulary and comprehension||30 marks||20 minutes|
|Mains Exam (CA/Actuarial/Rajbhasha/IT)||Reasoning Ability||90 marks||40 minutes|
|Insurance and Financial Market Awareness||60 marks||20 minutes|
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs||60 marks||20 minutes|
|Professional knowledge||90 marks||40 minutes|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||25 marks||30 minutes|
|Mains Exam (Legal)||Reasoning Ability||90 marks||40 minutes|
|Professional Knowledge||90 marks||40 minutes|
|General Awareness, Current Affairs||60 marks||20 minutes|
|Insurance and Financial Market Awareness||60 marks||20 minutes|
|Legal Drafting for AAO||25 marks||30 marks|
The exam pattern for LIC AAO is vast and needs a lot of time for preparation. Candidates need to strategize their study plan before starting to prepare for the exam.
Tips for LIC AAO Exam Preparation
The LIC exam conducted for the recruitment of Assistant Administrative Officer requires a strategized plan for preparation as well as giving the exam.
The candidates need to keep specific tips in mind before appearing for the exam. These tips will be helpful for both preparing and attempting the exam. The tips to prepare for the LIC AAO exam are as follows:
- Candidates need to go through the entire syllabus first before preparing for the exam. They should schedule a time table and divide the time for each subject equally.
- Candidates should look for their strengths in the paper and make sure they prepare them well. The preliminary exam is only qualifying in nature, so candidates should prepare and attempt questions that they are confident about.
- LIC has removed negative marking in the AAO exam, but candidates should not attempt the questions they are not sure of.
- For candidates applying for IT, CA, Actuarial and Rajbhasha should be well prepared for their professional subject section as that may help them score well in the paper.
- Candidates should read newspapers daily, keep a track on all recent activities around the world as this would help them get marks quickly in the general awareness section.
- Candidates should give regular mock tests as it provides an idea about the structure of the paper and helps maintain the speed balance.
|LIC AAO Preparation Related Links|
|Logical Reasoning Questions and Answers||General English for Competitive Exams|
|Free Online Mock Tests with Solutions||Competitive Exam Preparation Strategy|
|LIC ADO Mock Test||LIC HFL Mock Test|
Tips for Subject-wise Preparation
- The paper for English is only qualifying in the preliminary stage of the examination. So, candidates should only attempt the questions that they are sure of in this section.
- Candidates should indulge in constant reading and writing activities to strengthen their language skills. Reading may also help in the comprehension part of the preliminary exam.
- For the mains examination, the English test consists of descriptive questions, which include letter writing and essays. The topics for essay are based on the recent activities across the world, so candidates must be aware of all current events.
- Past year questions may also be referred for essay and letter writing.
Given below are the links that may help you prepare for the English Language section:
- This section is standard for all candidates in the preliminary exam, but in the mains exam, this section is only included in the Generalist cadre.
- This section requires strong mathematical skills and candidates should practice thoroughly to get a faster speed in attempting questions in this section.
- The candidates should brush up basic concepts of mathematics as the questions included in the section are based on basic maths concepts.
- Candidates should first attempt the questions that can be solved quickly like inequalities, number series, approximation, etc. and then move to the longer ones.
Candidates can check the 10 simple maths tricks to solve the Quantitative aptitude section faster and more efficiently.
|Data Interpretation||Simplification and Approximation|
|Tips To Solve Number Series||Quadratic Equations|
|Time and Work||Problems on Age|
- This section is standard for all candidates applying for the preliminary exam and mains exam. Candidates should try attempting the questions which can be attempted quickly first and then move to the difficult problems in the section. This would help them manage time well in the exam.
- Syllogism, coding-decoding, direction test, inequalities should be attempted first as this would take lesser time to attempt.
- This section requires mental alertness and logical skills.
For detailed syllabus of Logical Reasoning in the bank exams, candidates can visit the linked page.
General Awareness and Current Affairs:
- This section is the most time saving and the most scoring section in LIC AAO exam. Candidates should try attempting the maximum questions in this section as no time is spent on solving and calculations in this section.
- Candidates must keep themselves updated with the latest news, read newspapers, and be aware of all developments happening across the world.
- Reading magazines can also be helpful as the candidate would be updated about the weekly, monthly, half-yearly and annual events.
Candidates must also be well aware of the various schemes initiated by the Government. These schemes are not a topic with regard to Current Affairs but also General Knowledge. Thus, it is an important topic to prepare for the LIC AAO general awareness section. Aspirants can get the list of Government Schemes at the linked article.
Refer to the General Awareness topics given below for LIC AAO preparation:
|Country, Capital & Currency||List of Governors in India||Famous Books and Authors|
|List of Indian Presidents||Dams in India||List of National Parks in India|
- This section is only for the candidates apply for the AAO post for IT, CA, Actuarial and Rajbhasha section. This section includes questions regarding the respective specialization for which the candidate has applied.
- For attempting questions in this section, candidates must be prepared well for the specialization they have chosen because this section holds the maximum marks in the mains examination.
- Applicants must go through the previous year question papers to know the pattern of the exam and prepare as per the trend of the questions.
Insurance and Financial Market Awareness:
- For this section, candidates need to be aware of the latest news, policies, development, and events related to insurance and financial market.
- Regular reading of the business, finance and economic pages in the newspaper is a must to qualify this section.
- Candidates must be aware of banking and insurance history, different laws and policies and all financial institutions in the country as well.
Given below are the links that may help you prepare for the Insurance and Financial Market Awareness section:
Aspirants should make sure they prepare equally well for all the sections. This is because LIC declares the minimum qualifying marks for each section. The candidate who fails to reach the sectional cut off for a single section cannot qualify the mains examination.
The LIC Syllabus is discussed in detail in the linked article.
LIC AAO Books
Preparation for Life Insurance Corporation exams requires a sufficient amount of self-study. Candidates can find abundant study material online for the preparation of LIC AAO exam.
Candidates can refer to a lot of books available for preparing for the exam. Candidates should always choose from the latest edition of books available for the respective exam.
List of books that can be considered for preparing for LIC AAO exam are mentioned below:
|LIC AAO Books|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal||Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude by RS Agarwal||Wren & Martin’s English Grammar|
|Objective General English by SP Bakshi||A New Approach to Reasoning: Verbal and Non-Verbal by B.S. Sijwali & Indu Sijwali|
|Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey||Static General Knowledge by Arihant Publications|
|Kiran’s LIC AAO Prelim Online Exam Practice Workbook by Kiran Prakashan||CAT Quantitative Ability by Arun Sharma|
|Objective Computer Science & Information Technology by Jushta Jaiswal||Lucent’s General Knowledge|
Candidates appearing for LIC AAO in IT, CA, Rajbhasha and Actuarial, should study from the books related to their professional expertise.
The selection process for LIC AAO for the year 2019 is almost complete, but for candidates planning on appearing for the exam next year can refer to the above study material for preparation.
LIC AAO Cut Off
The AAO exam was conducted in the year 2019, and the latest edition for the recruitment process is going on in 2021. Candidates preparing for the exam must always be entirely aware of the previously conducted exam.
Candidates must always refer to previous year cut off to have an idea about the qualifying marks for the current year recruitment process.
The LIC AAO cut off for 2016 is mentioned below:
|LIC AAO Cut Off 2016|
|LIC AAO Exam||GENERAL||OBC||SC||ST||OH||VI|
|GK & Current Affairs||10.25||6||6||6||6||6|
|Written Exam cut off||255.75||250.50||233||203.50||226.75||211.75|
|Final Cut off marks (Interview & Written exam)||306||290.75||276||246||274.75||255.25|
To get the detailed cut off marks for the different phases of the Assistant Administrative Officer exam from the previous year recruitment, candidates can visit the LIC AAO Cut Off page.
Candidates can look for previous year question papers to know the paper structure and the standard of questions asked in the exam. Giving mock tests and practice papers can also be very helpful for candidates preparing for bank exams.
Since the preparation is similar for most competitive exams, aspirants can visit the linked article and get the best Preparation Strategy for Competitive Exams and accordingly figure out a systematic study plan.
Candidates can prepare for future recruitment programs by LIC AAO by checking the previous year cut off marks and referring to the study material mentioned above.
For any further assistance regarding the LIC AAO preparation, study material or any other information, candidates can always turn to BYJU’S for help.
Frequently Asked Questions on LIC AAO Preparation
Q 1. What is the difficulty level of the LIC AAO exam?
Q 2. Can I crack the LIC AAO exam in the first attempt?
Q 3. What are the best tips for LIC AAO preparation?
Ans. Given below are the best tips which will help with LIC AAO preparation:
- Analyse the syllabus and exam pattern carefully
- Collect the best study material and make proper notes
- Join a Coaching Institute or look for personal assistance, if needed
- Solve practise papers and mock tests on a regular basis
- Review previous year papers and cut off marks
- Make proper and systematic notes for your own understanding
And most important of all is sorting out a structured study plan, where time must be divided equally for revision and learning new concepts.