CDS Notification 2021 – UPSC to release CDS I Notification 2021 on October 28th this year and CDS II 2021 notification will be released by August 4th 2021.
As per the official calendar released by UPSC, written exam of CDS I 2021 recruitment is scheduled on February 7th while the examination for CDS II 2021 will be conducted on November 14th 2021. Candidates can go through the UPSC exam calendar 2021 for further details.
CDS recruitment is a national level Defense Entrance exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. CDS recruitment is held biannually by the commission to recruit eligible personnel in various Defense Training Academies such as IMA, INA, AFA, and OTA. Further details on the CDS exam is given in the linked page.
CDS Notification 2020 –
- UPSC released CDS II Notification 2020 on August 8th and scheduled the examination for CDS II on November 8th 2020.
UPSC CDS II Notification 2020 PDF- Download PDF Here
- The CDS I Notification 2020 was released by the commission on October 30th 2019 to conduct the exam on February 2nd 2020.
UPSC CDS I Notification 2020 PDF- Download PDF Here
This article aims to upkeep aspirants with detailed information on CDS recruitment. The number of CDS vacancies, examination dates, the process of application and other details as mentioned in CDS official Notification is given in the article.
Aspirants of various Government Exams can know the details of upcoming examinations on the linked page.
|Awaiting CDS Notification? Start early to stay ahead of the competition. Do a comprehensive exam preparation with-|
CDS Notification – Recruitment For CDS Exam
CDS full form is the Combined Defense Services Examination. The UPSC releases notification for CDS recruitment twice a year. CDS recruitment is a great opportunity for candidates who wish to serve the country.
Through CDS recruitment the candidates who are selected get admission in the following Defense Training Academies-
- Indian Military Academy – IMA
- Indian Naval Academy – INA
- Air Force Academy – AFA
- Officers Training Academy – OTA
UPSC releases CDS Notification on its official website and candidates willing to appear for the exam are required to register for the exam within the date as mentioned in the CDS official notification.
Important dates related to CDS notification 2021 and 2020 are given below for reference –
CDS Notification 2021
The commission is yet to announce the CDS Notification 2021 though, the exam calendar published by UPSC gives the tentative date of the examination. The dates are as follows –
|CDS Notification 2021 Dates|
|CDS exam event||CDS Dates (Tentative)|
|CDS I Notification 2021||October 28th 2020|
|CDS I Online Application last date||November 17th 2020|
|CDS I Written exam 2021||February 7th 2021|
|CDS II Notification 2021||August 4th 2021|
|CDS II Online Application last date||August 24th 2021|
|CDS II Written exam 2021||November 14th 2021|
Aspirants of CDS exam can check the CDS Salary and Allowances on the linked page.
CDS Notification 2020
Relevant dates related to CDS Notification I and II 2020 are as mentioned below-
|CDS Notification 2020 Dates|
|CDS exam event||CDS Dates (Tentative)|
|CDS I Notification 2020||October 30th 2019|
|CDS I Online Application last date||November 19th 2019|
|CDS I Written exam 2020||February 2nd 2020|
|CDS II Notification 2020||August 5th 2020|
|CDS II Online Application last date||August 25th 2020|
|CDS II Written exam 2020||November 8th 2020|
Candidates appearing for CDS II exam in November should keep track of this page for information on the release of admit card, as UPSC releases CDS Admit card three weeks before the scheduled date of exam.
The CDS vacancy is announced along with the official notification. Since, the UPSC is yet to release the 2021 notification and the CDS vacancy for the same, candidates can check out the CDS vacancy 2020 for estimation of overall vacancies announced by the conducting body.
CDS Vacancy 2020
Detailed CDS vacancies are published in the official notification PDF. The branch-wise CDS vacancies 2020 as mentioned by UPSC is given below-
|Defense Academies||CDS II Vacancy 2020||CDS I Vacancy 2020|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100||100|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||26||45|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32||32|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) SSC Men||169||225|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai SSC Women||17||16|
Candidates can go through the PDF below for further details on the CDS vacancy 2020 –
CDS I Notification 2020 PDF- Download PDF Here
CDS II Notification 2020 PDF- Download PDF Here
The eligibility conditions that aspirants willing to appear for CDS recruitment exams are mentioned in detail in the CDS notification. Candidates must meet the prescribed eligibility criteria otherwise their candidates may be cancelled by the conduction body at any stage of the examination.
The eligibility conditions as given in the CDs notification are as follows-
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Only married males are eligible to apply for any of the training academies.
- Women are eligible to apply only for the Officers Training Academy.
- Minimum age to appear for the CDS exam is 19 years and the upper age is different for different academies.
- Candidates must be at least Graduation pass to be eligible for Combined Defense Services.
Detailed CDS Eligibility conditions are available on the given link.
CDS Online Application
With the release of CDS official notification the application process for the exam also starts. Candidates willing to appear for the exam have to fill the CDS online application form and submit the prescribed application fee to confirm their registration for CDS recruitment.
The CDS notification mentions the steps to fill the application form in detail. The process for the same is given below-
- Visit the UPSC official website
- Go through the CDS official notification carefully
- Click the CDS registration link
- Enter the required details like name, mail ID, phone number, etc)
- Verify the details given and submit the CDS registration form,
- Use the registration Id and password to log in and complete the application form,
- Give the preference of the exam centre.
- Upload the necessary documents such as scanned images of photograph and signature, educational certificates etc.
- Submit the form and pay the application fee.
- Save and download the application form for future reference.
- Candidates are required to pay Rs. 200/ as CDS application fee. Women and SC/St candidates are exempted from fee payment.
- The application process and the application fee for CDS I and CDS II is the same.
Aspirants of CDS exam can check the related links given below-
CDS Online Application Important Pointers –
- Candidates are required to clearly indicate the services they wish to apply in the respective column of the CDS application form.
- Male candidates can give as many preferences for services.
- Candidates who wish to join the Air Force Academy must indicate AFA as their first choice
- Male candidates competing for Short Service Commission (Army) only, should indicate OTA as the one and only choice
- Male candidates applying for both Short Service Commission Course at OTA and the permanent commission course at IMA, INA and AFA, should indicate OTA as their last preference.
- Once the application is submitted, no change of choice for services in CDS will be allowed
CDS Exam Pattern & Syllabus
UPSC prescribes the exam pattern and syllabus of CDS exam. The exam pattern of CDS recruitment as given in the notification is divided into two stages.
- Written exam
- SSB Interview
Candidates who are able to score the minimum cut off marks in the written exam are called for the interview round.
- The written exam is split into three sections for IMA, INA and AFA. These sections are – English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics.
- Candidates who apply for service in OTA have to face two sections in the written exam – English and General knowledge.
- Each section carries 100 marks and comprises 100 questions.
- All the questions are objective type only and the question paper is bilingual.
The syllabus is given in the CDS notification bifurcated based on sections and topics under each section. The syllabus for both CDS I and CDS II exams are the same.
Broadly the syllabus as per CDS notification comprises three subjects, English, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
The standard of the papers in Elementary Mathematics will be of Matriculation level. The standard of papers in other subjects will approximately be such as may be expected of a graduate of an Indian University.
The general knowledge section covers current affairs, history, geography, general science, sports and culture, books and authors, etc.
Aspirants can go through the detailed exam pattern and topic-wise CDS syllabus on the linked article.
Aspirants of other exams conducted by UPSC can go through the given links for assistance-
Aspirants of NDA exam and other government examination can check the given links for assistance –
Check details related to Government exams after 12th in the given link.
For further assistance on preparation, strategy and tips, important books etc. look no further than BYJU’s.