The Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) sets the eligibility criteria for the various exams conducted by it.
In this article, we will give the MPSC age limit, educational qualification, physical fitness criteria for the State Service Exam 2020 and eligibility related information for other exams.
Information related to MPSC Exam 2020:
- The MPSC conducts several exams such as
- Maharashtra Subordinate Services Exam (Prelims and Mains)
- Maharashtra Agriculture Services Examination
- Maharashtra Group C Services Exam (Prelims and Mains)
- For MPSC exams, the candidates have to apply online via their official website – https://mpsc.gov.in/
- MPSC State Service Exam (or MPSC Rajyaseva Exam) is held on a yearly basis to recruit for Group A and Group B vacancies in the Maharashtra administration.
- The MPSC State Service Exam Pattern is:
- Prelims – 2 papers – 400 marks
- Mains – 6 papers – 800 marks
- Interview – 100 marks
For the application process, fee, jobs, and more information on the MPSC Exam 2020 refer to the linked article.
The common eligibility criteria/reservation details for MPSC recruitment exams can be found on the commission’s website. Candidates can navigate to the website and click on “General Instructions to Candidates”. It is the first link on the left of the page under the heading “Competetive Examination.”
To be eligible for the MPSC exams, the candidates have to be Indian Nationals. The nuances of the nationality eligibility criteria are given below.
- For claiming age relaxation, reservation etc., candidates need to have domicile of Maharashtra as per the MPSC eligibility criteria.
- Also, candidates need to be fluent in Marathi (spoken, written) and pass the requisite competency exam.
- The detailed MPSC eligibility criteria such as age limit, educational qualification, and physical fitness are given in the Examination Notification/Advertisement.
- Candidates should go through the eligibility conditions given in the notification carefully.
The latest MPSC notification for State Service Preliminary Examination 2020 lists the following eligibility conditions:
MPSC Notification 2020:- Download PDF Here
MPSC Exam Age Limit
The MPSC age limit for the State Serice Exam 2020 is:
- Minimum Age (as on April 1, 2020): 19 years
- Maximum Age (as on April 1, 2020): 38 years
As per the rules governing the conduct of the examination, there are different relaxations in age criteria as per the category.
MPSC age limit for OBC, SC, ST, Persons with disabilities (PwD), ex-servicemen are given below:
MPSC Educational Qualification
The educational criteria for MPSC exams are:
- Competency in Marathi
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university or an equivalent qualification.
There is no limit on the number of attempts and candidates in their last year of college are also eligible for the MPSC exam.
As the MPSC exams cover a broad range of posts and services, there are post specific eligibility criteria (educational qualification and/or physical fitness).
The MPSC eligibility given in the official notification for the State Service Exam 2020 (Prelims) provides some post-specific criteria.
Few posts require the aspirants to have subject-specific expertise as mandated by the Maharashtra Public Service Commission. The details of the Education eligibility criteria are given below.
Download the complete MPSC Syllabus (Prelims and Mains) and understand the exam pattern.
MPSC Physical Measurements
A few of the MPSC posts list out physical fitness/measurements in their eligibility requirements. Posts such as Dy Superintendent of Police or related to the Transport department have specific physical eligibility criteria.
The minimum height for the post of DySP is 165 cm for male candidates and 157 cm for female candidates.
The MPSC notification gives the detail of post-specific physical eligibility criteria which is also given below.
Candidates who are eligible for the MPSC exam can also refer to the articles given below.