Ishita Kishore of Delhi bagged the All India Rank 1 in the UPSC 2022 exam. Hailing from Delhi, she secured the rank with a total of 1094 marks. Read on to know more about Ishita Kishor’s background, preparation strategy, number of attempts, UPSC optional subjects, etc.
Garima Lohia and Uma Harithi N hold the second and third rank respectively in the IAS toppers list.
Ishita Kishore IAS Topper 2022 Background
Ishita Kishore’s father was a former Indian Air Force officer, her mother worked as a private school teacher while her brother is a lawyer. She was working for Ernst and Young by the time she attempted the UPSC exams.
She was born in Begumpet, Hyderabad, Telangana but she spent most of her formative years in Bihar before finally settling in Delhi. One of her favorite sports is football where she pariipated in the Subroto Cup in 2012 and previously competed at the national level of football.
- Ishita Kishore is a graduate in Economics (Hons) from the Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) of Delhi University.
- During her time in college she was part of the Economic and Literary society
Ishita Sharma UPSC Preparation Strategies
- Ishita Kishore said that “one has to be disciplined and sincere” in preparation to crack the civil services exam.
- The UPSC exam is a time-bound exam, and candidates must manage their time effectively to complete the exam within the stipulated time frame.
- Consistency and discipline are key requirements for the UPSC civil services test.
- Put in the number of hours you determine are appropriate.
- Consistency and discipline are key components to ace the civil service exam with flying colors. Also, it is advised to devote a number of hours to the studies as per your capability.
- She did not focus on the number of hours of study but on quality learning.
- She made a study schedule but kept her study sources limited and said that during revision time, she did not take up new books or study materials.
- It is advisable to go through previous years’ UPSC prelims question paper book to get an idea about the nature of the questions asked in the UPSC prelims examination.
A few tips for UPSC exam preparation
- Action Plan – Set aside at least one year for CSE preparation and chart out an action plan to start off with your preparation.
- Plan meticulously: Always have a realistic and achievable study schedule to follow while preparing for UPSC CSE. Making a planner and keeping track of the goals helps too.
- Limit your Study material – Hopping on to different books for exam preparation will only lead you to confusion, hence, pick out a few selected books and materials and try to stick to it as much as you can.
- Use Internet for your good – While the internet is an excellent source of information and study material, she also warns students against its overuse as there are plenty of distractions.
- Do not panic: It takes some time to gain a rhythm in CSE preparation which works for you. Do not panic, if a concept seems hard and you get stuck, think it through and you will get clarity on how to study that particular concept.
- Understand yourself: Understanding your own strengths and weaknesses will help you in focusing your preparation. This focus and understanding will help immensely in optimizing every stage of preparation according to your needs.
- Practice: Before you take the actual exam, you should take mock practice tests both for the prelims and the mains. This will help you gain confidence and experience in framing your answers properly.
- Stay focused: Preparing for the UPSC exam can be extremely challenging, so keep yourself motivated and stay positive. Always look at the bright side of things and be confident about your ability to crack UPSC CSE 2022.
|Civil Service Exam||2022|
|All India Rank||1|
|Number of Attempts||3|
|Age||26 (As of Attempting UPSC 2022)|
|Optional Subject||Political Science and International Relations|
|Native||Delhi, Originally – Begumpet, Telangana|
|Education||Graduation in Economic (Hons)|
All it takes is determination, unwavering focus and of course, a smart and guided approach to the IAS exam. Aspirants of UPSC 2023 can go through the following links for assistance in their preparation.
|UPSC Books||Current Affairs||UPSC Mains Syllabus|
|UPSC Question Paper||NCERT books for UPSC exam||History Optional Booklist For UPSC Exam|