NTSE (National Talent Search Examination) 2020 is an examination conducted in 2 stages by National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT) to award scholarships to the candidates with high intellect and skills. This examination is conducted for students from Class X. The candidate can take up the examination only if he/she is an Indian national or Indian origin person studying abroad. The upper age limit for appearing in NTSE examination is 18 years. The state-level examination (Stage 1) is conducted in two parts – part 1 is the mental aptitude test and part-2 is the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). The national level examination (Stage 2) is conducted for the candidates who qualify in stage 1 examination.
NTSE Eligibility for Stage 1 (State level examination)
- The candidate must be a Class X student from any Government/ Private schools in India.
- There is no domicile restriction. The candidate can be from any State/Union Territory of India.
- The candidates studying in open or distance learning are also eligible to write NTSE 2020, provided they are less than 18 years of age, not employed and are appearing for Class X board examination for the first time.
NTSE Eligibility for Stage 2 (National level examination)
- Only the students who qualified in stage 1 (state-level examination) are eligible to appear for Stage 2 examination. The roll number, venue, date of examination details will be conveyed to the selected candidates by NCERT through its official website.
NTSE Eligibility for Students Studying Abroad
- Indian students studying abroad in Class X or equivalent are eligible to write stage 2 (second level examination) directly and are exempted from the stage 1 examination.
- The candidate must have scored 60% in the previous year’s annual examination.
- The candidate should appear for the examination in a centre in India
- The candidates must request through the Head of the Institution where he/she is studying, along with an attested copy of Class IX mark sheet. The request should reach the Head, Department of Educational Survey Division, NCERT, New Delhi by 31 December of the concerned year.
- The selected candidate will receive the scholarship only if he/she decides to pursue studies in India.