COMEDK eligibility criteria for various programs are mainly published by Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka every year. For 2019, the exam conducting body has released the details in its notification dated 29.11.2018 and 11.01.2019 on its official website (comedk.org).
Candidates have to go through the eligibility criteria before registering and applying for the entrance exam. The eligibility criteria contain important information for candidates applying for the COMEDK UGET exam. It offers details about nationality, educational qualifications, minimum qualifying marks, subjects, age and other conditions that make candidates eligible for writing the exam.
Candidates should fill COMEDK Application Form only after going through the eligibility criteria and satisfying all the mentioned conditions. Students who do not meet any of the prescribed eligibility criteria cannot appear for the exam. Notably, there are different eligibility criteria set for different courses and for admission purposes. Candidates can read everything about the complete eligibility criteria of COMEDK below.
Eligibility Criteria For COMEDK UGET
Before applying for the entrance exam, one should know whether they are eligible for the entrance exam or not. The eligibility criteria for COMEDK are listed below:
Eligibility Criteria For COMEDK – Engineering
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 / PUC from a well recognized Central/ State government education board.
- Candidates should have passed Class 11th and 12th with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. English is also a mandatory subject.
- Applicants belonging to the general category should have passed the qualifying examination with at least 45% aggregate marks in PCM. On the other hand, SC/ST/OBC applicants are eligible for the exam with a cutoff of 40% in PCM. Further, candidates should have passed each subject individually.
- There is no scheme for lateral entry which means that candidates with diploma degrees are not eligible.
Note: The examination body has also stated that candidates have to also submit the original marks card of the examination during counseling for proving their eligibility vis-avis marks scored as evidenced by the original marks card.
Eligibility Criteria For COMEDK – Architecture
- Candidate should have passed the qualifying exam (PUC or 10+2) with Mathematics as one of the mandatory subjects along with other subjects.
- A candidate passing 10+3 Diploma through a recognized Central/State Government is also considered valid for admission.
- The candidate should have cleared the 10+2 scheme of examination with 50% marks in aggregate (For SC/ST/OBC candidates the criteria is set at 45%).
- Candidates are eligible if they have cleared the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) with a score of at least 80 out of 200 marks (Both General Merit and Category candidates).
- No entrance test has to be given by the candidates willing to get admissions in B. Arch courses. They need to fill a separate form for participating in the counseling procedure.
In essence, candidates must fulfill the criteria mentioned above to be eligible for the COMEDK UGET 2019.
Important Points To Know About COMEDK Eligibility Criteria
There are a few other important points that candidates should know about.
- All candidates who are Indian citizens are eligible to appear and write COMEDK UGET exam.
- As per the information detailed in the COMEDK brochure, if any changes are done in the eligibility criteria then the regulations of AICTE, VTU, COA for UG Courses is to be adopted.
- Candidates will be eligible to secure a place in COMEDK UGET rank list if they attempt the exam. The rank card will be issued to those candidates who secure admission to UG courses according to the norms set by VTU / AICTE.
To learn more about COMEDK and other competitive exams like KCET, keep visiting BYJU’S.
Frequently Asked Questions On COMEDK Eligibility Criteria
How many times can one apply for COMEDK UGET?
The COMEDK brochure provides no clear information on the number of times or the limit for applying and writing the exam.
Is there any age limit for COMEDK UGET?
As per details presented in the official brochure no age limit has been specified.
If students have a gap in 10 standards then are they eligible to apply for COMEDK 2019?
Yes, candidates are eligible to apply for COMEDK UGET 2019.
Can students who have failed in Class 12 but reappeared for the exam apply for COMEDK 2020?
Yes, such candidates can apply for the exam.
Can non Karnataka students write Comedk?
Yes, non-karnataka students can also appear for COMEDK exams. In fact, the purpose of COMEDK is to provide such students an opportunity to study in Engineering and Medical colleges in Karnataka.