COMEDK eligibility criteria for various programmes are published by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka every year. For COMEDK 2023, the eligibility criteria are similar to last year as per the details given on its official website (comedk.org). In any case, candidates have to go through the eligibility criteria before registering and applying for the entrance exam.
The eligibility criteria contain important information for candidates applying for the COMEDK UGET 2023 exam. It offers details about nationality, educational qualifications, minimum qualifying marks, subjects, age and other conditions that make them eligible for the exam. Candidates should fill out the COMEDK 2023 Application Form only after going through the eligibility criteria and satisfying all the mentioned conditions. They must meet the prescribed eligibility criteria to appear for the exam. Different eligibility criteria are set for different courses and admission purposes. Candidates can read the complete eligibility criteria of COMEDK 2023 below.
Eligibility Criteria for the COMEDK UGET 2023
Before applying for the entrance exam, one should know whether they are eligible for the entrance exam or not. The eligibility criteria for COMEDK are listed below.
Eligibility Criteria for COMEDK – Engineering
The eligibility criteria for UG Engineering (B.E./ B.Tech.) courses are given below.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2/PUC from a well-recognised Central/ State government education board.
- Candidates should have passed Classes 11 and 12 with subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. English is also a mandatory subject during their last two years of education.
- Applicants belonging to the general category should have passed the qualifying examination with at least 45% aggregate marks in PCM. On the other hand, SC/ST/OBC applicants from Karnataka state are eligible for the exam with a cutoff of 40% in PCM. Further, they should have passed each subject individually.
- Physics and Maths are mandatory subjects, along with Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Computer Science or Electronics as optional subjects. However, if there are any further modifications in the eligibility criteria, the AICTE/VTU will be adopted.
- An attempt for the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate to get a place in the rank list.
- There is no scheme for lateral entry, which means that candidates with diploma degrees are not eligible.
Note: The examination body has also stated that candidates must submit the original marks card of the examination during counselling to prove their eligibility, vis-a-vis marks scored, as evidenced by the original marks card.
Eligibility Criteria for COMEDK – Architecture
Check the eligibility criteria for the UG Architecture course given below.
- Candidates should have passed the qualifying exam (PUC or 10+2) with Mathematics as one of the mandatory subjects along with other subjects.
- A candidate passing a 10+3 Diploma where Maths is a compulsory subject, with an aggregate of 50% (45% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) through a recognised Central/State Government is also considered valid for admission.
- The candidate should have cleared the 10+2 scheme of examination with 50% marks in aggregate (For SC/ST/OBC candidates, the criteria is set at 45%).
- Candidates are eligible if they have cleared the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) with minimum cutoff marks in two individual components and have also got at least the qualifying marks in aggregate (Both General Merit and Category candidates).
- Candidates who have passed any other aptitude test in Architecture conducted by different authorities shall also be required to qualify for the NATA to be eligible for admission to the B. Arch. course. In this case, only NATA scores will be considered while preparing the merit list and qualifying examination marks.
- No entrance test has to be taken by the candidates willing to get admission to B.Arch. courses. They need to fill out a separate form to participate in the counselling procedure.
Important Points to Know about COMEDK Eligibility Criteria
There are a few other important points that candidates should know about.
- All candidates, who are Indian citizens, are eligible to appear for the COMEDK UGET exam.
- As per the information detailed in the COMEDK brochure, if any changes are made in the eligibility criteria, then the regulations of AICTE, VTU, and COA for UG Courses are adopted.
- Candidates will be eligible to secure a place in the COMEDK UGET rank list if they attempt the exam. The rank card will be issued to those candidates who secure admission to UG courses according to the norms set by VTU/AICTE.
To learn more about COMEDK and other competitive exams, like KCET, keep visiting BYJU’S.
Frequently Asked Questions on COMEDK Eligibility Criteria
How many times can one apply for the COMEDK UGET?
The COMEDK brochure provides no clear information on the number of times or the limit for applying and appearing for the exam.
Is there any age limit for the COMEDK UGET?
As per the details presented in the official brochure, no age limit has been specified.
If students have a gap in Class 10, are they eligible to apply for COMEDK 2023?
Yes, those candidates are eligible to apply for the COMEDK UGET 2023.
Can students who have failed in Class 12 but reappeared for the exam apply for COMEDK 2023?
Yes, such candidates can apply for the exam.
Can non-Karnataka students attempt the COMEDK?
Yes, non-Karnataka students can also appear for COMEDK exams. In fact, the purpose of COMEDK is to provide such students with an opportunity to study in Engineering and Medical colleges in Karnataka.