COMED-KCOMEDK (Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka) conducts COMEDK UGET every year. It is a state level examination carried out to provide admissions in the various member institutions of COMEDK. Candidates from across India can apply for this entrance exam and get admitted to the desired courses offered by the member institutions. It is not necessary for the candidates to have domicile certificates of Karnataka state. ?They can belong to any state. Earlier COMEDK was conducted to provide admission into the undergraduate courses in medical, engineering and dental field. But in 2016, as per the directives of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, NEET dissolved all the state level examinations for the medical and dental courses. COMEDK 2017 will be conducted only for the merit determination of engineering and architecture courses, i.e., B.Tech and B. Arch.
Eligibility Criteria for COMEDK UGET 2017Before applying for the COMEDK UGET 2017, one should know that they are eligible for the entrance exam or not. The eligibility criteria for COMEDK UGET 2017 are listed below: Eligibility Criteria for COMEDK For Engineering
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 / Intermediate from a well recognized Central/ State government education board.
- Candidates should have passed Class 11th and 12th with three main subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, and English as their mandatory subject.
- Applicants belonging to thegeneral category should have passed the qualifying above examination with at least 45% aggregate marks in PCM. On the other hand, SC/ST/OBC applicants of Karnataka are eligible for the exam if they have obtained 40% in PCM. Candidates should have passed each subject individually.
- There is no scheme for lateral entry Thus candidates with diploma degrees are not eligible.
Eligibility Criteria for COMEDK For Architecture
- Candidate should have passed the qualifying exam?(PUC or 10+2) with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects. A candidate passing 10+3 Diploma through a recognized Central/State Government is also considered valid for admission.
- The candidate should have qualified to be eligible for the above exam with at least 50% marks in aggregate (For SC/ST/OBC candidates of Karnataka it is 45%).
- Candidate must have taken the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) and scored at least 80 out of 200 marks (Both General Merit and Category candidates).
- No entrance test has to be given by the candidates willing to get admissions in B. Arch courses.They need to fill a separate form for participating in the counseling procedure of B.Arch courses.