There are two sets of question papers in the WBJEE 2020 examination. Paper 1 includes questions from Mathematics. Paper 2 includes questions from Physics and Chemistry.
- Candidates, who appear for both the papers are eligible for admission in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, and Pharmacy courses.
- Candidates appearing only for Paper 2 will be eligible for admission in Pharmacy course.
- Appearing only for Paper 1 does not make the candidate eligible for any course.
|Download WBJEE Previous Year Question Paper PDFs:|
|WBJEE 2020 Question Paper with Complete Solution (PDF):|
WBJEE Question Pattern 2020
WBJEE 2020 question paper pattern will have multiple-choice questions with four alternatives.
Paper 1 and paper 2 includes Questions which are divided into three categories
- Category 1: One mark questions with one correct answer
- Category 2: Two mark questions with one correct answer
- Category 3: Two mark questions with more than one correct answer
Number of Questions in Every Subject
WBJEE paper pattern includes three categories. The number of questions in every category is listed below.
|Number of Questions||Mathematics||Physics||Chemistry|
Total Marks Allotted for Each Subject
WBJEE 2020 Marking Scheme
|Categories||Number of correct answers per question||Marks allotted for each question||Negative Marks|
|Category 1||1||1||– 0.25|
|Category 2||1||2||– 0.5|
|Category 3||1 or more||2**||0|
According to the WBJEE pattern, Category 3 marks are allotted based on the number of correct answers. If the answer is fully correct, the candidate will be awarded 2 marks. If all the selected options are incorrect, the candidate will not be awarded any marks. For partially correct answers, marks are calculated using the following formula:
- After receiving the question booklet, remove the OMR sheet carefully without damaging the question booklet.
- Check if the OMR number and Question booklet number are the same. If it is not the same number, request the invigilator to replace the whole set.
- Put your signature on top of the booklet.
- Read the instructions on the OMR sheet and question booklet carefully.
- Enter question booklet number and roll number in OMR sheet and darken the appropriate bubbles.
- Write your name on OMR sheet in Block letters, name of the centre and signature.
- Read the questions on question booklet carefully and darken the relevant bubble on OMR sheet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any Negative marking in WBJEE 2020?
Yes, there is negative marking.
What are the total marks for all three subjects?
Total marks for all three subject is 200.