The KEAM eligibility criteria for the upcoming 2023 exam have been posted on the official CEE (Commissioner For Entrance Examinations) website, cee.kerala.gov.in. In order to be considered eligible for the KEAM 2023 entrance exam, applicants must meet the criteria set by the CEE. The exam will be conducted on May 17, 2023.
|Table of Contents|
Eligibility Criteria for KEAM 2023
To be eligible for KEAM, candidates must meet various criteria, including age limits, nationality, academic qualifications, and domicile, among other factors. For KEAM 2023, candidates are grouped into three categories based on their domicile status.
Nativity Criteria for KEAM 2023
To be eligible for KEAM 2023, candidates must be Indian nationals. However, individuals classified as Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) or Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are also considered Indian citizens but are not eligible for reservations. Students who are looking for admission to KEAM related professional courses will be divided into three sections: Keralite, Non-Keralite Category I, and Non-Keralite Category II.
Candidates who are native to Kerala are categorised as Keralite for KEAM purposes. Additionally, the children of AIS (All India Service) officers assigned to the Kerala cadre are also considered of Kerala origin but are not entitled to any reservation benefits. To prove Kerala origin, candidates must provide a certificate that confirms their parent was born in Kerala.
Eligibility Criteria for Non-Keralite I
Non-native candidates who meet certain requirements will be classified as Non-Keralite Category I (NK I) for KEAM. These requirements include:
- Candidates who have completed a qualifying course in Kerala and are children of Non-Keralite individuals working in defence or government sectors in Kerala.
- Candidates who have completed a qualifying course in Kerala and are children of Non-Keralite individuals who are serving or have served the Kerala government for at least two years.
- Candidates who are not native to Kerala but have resided in the state for at least five years during their 12 years of study.
- Candidates who are not native to Kerala but have completed their studies in Kerala from the 8th to 12th class.
Eligibility for Non-Keralite II
Applicants who do not fit into the Non-Keralite Category I or Keralite sections will be classified as Non-Keralite Category II for KEAM. These candidates are eligible to apply for admission to the self-financing government engineering colleges in Kerala. They can choose between a government or management seat.
However, Non-Keralite Category II applicants will only be considered for government seats in government-regulated self-financing institutions if there are no Non-Keralite Category I or eligible Keralite applicants available for admission.
Non-Keralite Category II applicants are not eligible for communal or special reservations or fee concessions.
KEAM 2023 Exam Age Limit and Educational Qualification
To be eligible to take the KEAM 2023 exam, applicants must have reached the age of 17 by December 31, 2023. There is no maximum age limit or age relaxation provision for students applying for KEAM 2023.
KEAM Cuttoff and Educational qualification Criteria 2023
The KEAM 2023 eligibility requirements may vary for different engineering courses. Nonetheless, candidates should have completed their Class 12 course with science subjects as a minimum qualification to be eligible for the exam. Refer to the course-specific eligibility criteria for KEAM 2023 mentioned below.
To be eligible for engineering courses like BTech (Food Engg.), BTech and BTech (Civil. Engg.), applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- They must have cleared the HSC exam from Kerala or an equivalent educational board recognised by the authorities.
- They must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and a minimum of 50% aggregate in Chemistry and Physics.
- However, students who have scored a minimum of 45% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics combined in the Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala or equivalent examinations are automatically qualified for admission under Management Quota in Private Self Financing Government Controlled Engineering Colleges or Self Financing Engineering Colleges.
- If an applicant has not studied Chemistry, their marks in Computer Science will be taken into consideration. If the candidate has not studied Computer Science or Chemistry, their marks in Biotechnology will be taken. If the candidate has not studied Computer Science, Biotechnology or Chemistry, their marks in Biology will be considered. The academic eligibility of the candidate will be determined based on the marks obtained in the qualifying examination as shown on the mark list issued by the respective Higher Secondary Boards.
Qualification for BTech (DSc & Tech): To apply under this category, candidates must have fulfilled the following criteria:
- Passed the Higher Secondary Examination of Kerala or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in Biology or Mathematics.
- Obtained a minimum aggregate of 50% in Biology or Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Depending on the case, these applicants will have to take up a make-up course in Applied Biology (1+1) credits or Basic Mathematics (2+0) credits.
KEAM Eligibility Criteria 2023 – List of Documents as Eligibility Proof
- Copy of the Secondary School Leaving Certificate of the applicant denoting the birthplace in Kerala.
- Copy of the Passport of the applicant given by the Government of India denoting birthplace to be Kerala or any parents’ passport denoting their birthplace to be Kerala along with a related document representing the parent’s relationship with the applicant.
- Original copy of the Secondary School Leaving Certificate of any of the parents of the candidate denoting their birthplace to be Kerala, along with the certificate that describes the relationship between the parent and the applicant.
- Birth certificate from a reliable authority (Corporation, Municipality, or Panchayat) representing the applicant’s birthplace to be Kerala or the birth certificate of any of the parents of the applicant, along with a related document that describes the candidate’s relationship with the parent.
- Certificate from a reliable authority describing that the applicant’s parent is an All India Service officer in the Kerala cadre.
- Certificate from Village Officer or Tahsildar denoting that the applicant or either of the parents was born within Kerala. Students will have to provide the necessary document along with the printed application form in the official format.
Non-Keralite Category I 2023
- Certificate furnished by the employer in the official format from the Head of the company or organisation where the parent of the applicant is working/worked, along with a Certificate describing school studies in Kerala for Standards XII and XI from the highest authority of the institution where the applicant has studied.
- Certificate from the Head of the educational institution in Kerala mentioning that the applicant has studied in Kerala from classes 5 to 12. Applicants must remember that this certificate has to be generated in the official structure along with the application.
- Certificate of residence from the Village Officer/Tahsildar stating that the applicant has lived in Kerala for five years within a period of 12 years of the applicant’s studying period.
Non-Keralites Category II 2023
The applicants belonging to Non-Keralites Category II will have to submit a Certificate of Completion of the qualifying exam or their Passport furnished by the Government of India to establish their Indian citizenship.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
What is KEAM?
When is the KEAM 2023 exam taking place?
What is the application deadline for KEAM 2023?
What are the eligibility criteria for KEAM 2023?
Who is eligible for Non-Keralite Category I for KEAM 2023?
Who is eligible for Non-Keralite Category II for KEAM 2023?
What is the minimum age requirement for KEAM 2023?
What are the minimum educational qualifications required for engineering courses through KEAM 2023?
Stay tuned to BYJU’S for the latest updates on KEAM 2023, dates, syllabus, exam pattern preparation tips and other important notifications.