The KEAM 2023 exam pattern is an essential aspect of the entrance examination for engineering degree courses in Kerala. Conducted offline at designated examination centers, the KEAM exam is eagerly anticipated by aspiring students. The official website of the Commissioner for Entrance Exam (CEE) serves as the primary source for exam dates and notifications. The KEAM exam pattern for 2023 has been officially published by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala, providing students with crucial insights. For more details on the KEAM 2023 exam pattern, read the below-provided information.
|Table of Contents|
Highlights of the KEAM 2023 Exam Pattern
KEAM Engineering and Pharmacy 2023 Exam Overview
|Exam Category||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Governing Body||Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala|
|Number of Papers||2|
|KEAM Official Website||cee.kerala.gov.in|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen and Paper)|
|KEAM Question Paper Type||Objective (Multiple Choice Question Answers – MCQs)|
|Number of Papers||Paper 1 – Physics and Chemistry
Paper 2 – Mathematics
|Total Number of Questions per Paper||120|
|Marks for the Correct Answer||+4|
|Marks for the Wrong Answer||-1|
|Total Marks per Paper||480|
|Frequency of the Exam||Once a Year|
|Time Limit for Each Paper||150 Minutes|
The KEAM exam 2023 has three sections: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. These three sections are again divided into two distinct papers. The first paper comprises questions from the Chemistry and Physics sections, while Paper 2 comprises questions from Mathematics. The updated syllabus for the KEAM entrance exam consists of topics taught in Classes XI and XII. Applicants must appear for both papers, if they wish to get admission to the college of their choice based on the KEAM mark. The weightage of marks in both papers is the same.
KEAM 2023 Subject-wise Distribution
|Papers||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks for Each Question||Total Marks||Total Time|
|Paper 1||Physics and Chemistry||120||4||120 × 4=480||150 minutes|
|Paper 2||Mathematics||120||4||120 × 4=480||150 minutes|
KEAM Marking Scheme 2023
The KEAM examination is an objective type test with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) based on a single response answering method. For every question, five optional answers would be given; of the entire five options, only one option would be the most appropriate response. The candidate has to choose and darken the alphabet (A, B, C, D, or E), matching the most appropriate option in the OMR sheet. In order to fully grasp the KEAM question pattern, it is necessary to understand the marking scheme of the exam thoroughly. The KEAM exam mark scheme is similar to the JEE Main mark scheme.
- For every correct answer, the candidates are awarded four marks.
- One mark is deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Four marks are awarded to candidates for each accurate answer.
- No marks are deducted for not attempting a question.
- In case a candidate has marked two answers for a single question in the OMR marking sheet, a negative mark is given, regardless of whether the response is right or wrong.
KEAM 2023 Syllabus
The question papers of KEAM 2023 are set based on the Class 12 syllabi of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. The exam conducting body publishes the KEAM syllabus to help candidates prepare well for the exam. The KEAM 2023 syllabus has details about every topic from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
The articles provided below provide a comprehensive understanding of the KEAM exam syllabus, question paper, answer key and allotment process.
KEAM 2023 Schedule
The Commissioner for Entrance Exam, Kerala, has published the KEAM (Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical) engineering and pharmacy 2023 exam date. The KEAM 2023 exam will be conducted on May 17, 2023. There will be two papers in the KEAM 2023 exam. Paper one will comprise Physics and Chemistry topics, and paper two will comprise Maths questions. The first paper exam will be conducted from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm, and the second paper exam will be conducted from 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm. The KEAM entrance will be organised as an offline exam. Students who have passed +2 or appearing for +2 in 2023 can apply for KEAM on the official website of CEE.
KEAM Exam Pattern 2023: Important Points to Remember
Applicants are suggested to note the following points necessary for smooth examination preparation.
- The KEAM 2023 examination consists of two papers. Paper 1 comprises Physics and Chemistry questions, and paper 2 comprises Mathematics questions. Both exam papers are conducted separately. However, similar to questions and marks distribution, the time duration for both the papers is also the same.
- The first and second papers should be attempted within 150 minutes or 2.5 hours. Candidates should answer every question given in the paper within this time duration.
- The correct answer will give +4 marks, and the incorrect answer will give a -1 mark.
- The Kerala entrance governing body has set the difficulty level as that of Kerala higher secondary exam or equivalent board exams. The KEAM syllabus for all the subjects is similar to the higher secondary class syllabus.
Important Guidelines for the KEAM Exam Day
Below are some guidelines that candidates can follow to avoid any confusion during the KEAM exam day.
- Candidates are advised to enter the examination hall as early as possible to avoid any last-minute issues. Typically, the exam centre gates are opened two hours before the exam starts. There will be strict checking. The candidates should have a time management plan, and they must be on time for the exam.
- Candidates should bring the KEAM admit card, ID proof and a ballpoint pen (black or blue). ID proof includes Passport, Voter ID, PAN card, etc. Without the mentioned documents, they will not be permitted to enter the examination hall.
- No electronic devices, including calculators, phones or watches, as well as notebooks and other books, will be permitted in the exam hall.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S for the latest updates on KEAM 2023, dates, syllabus, eligibility, preparation tips and other important notifications.