The Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) is organised by IIT Bombay. By qualifying in UCEED, the candidates can secure a seat for the Bachelor in Design (B.Des.) programme in any one of the following premiere colleges, such as IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIITDM Jabalpur. IIT Bombay conducts the UCEED examination under the guidance of the UCEED-CEED Implementation Committee, also referred to as the UCI Committee.
Table of Contents
- UCEED Participating Institutes
- UCEED 2023 Schedule
- UCEED Important Dates
- Cities of UCEED 2023 Examination
- Eligibility Criteria
- Reservation Policy
UCEED Participating Institutes
There are five premier institutes that participate in the UCEED for the yearly intake of bright and meritorious students into the programme of Bachelor of Design(B.Des.). The Institutes are given below.
- IDC School of Design, IIT Bombay
- Department of Design, IIT Delhi
- Department of Design, IIT Guwahati
- Department of Design, IIT Hyderabad
- Design Discipline, IIITDM Jabalpur
For a detailed description of each participating institute and the list of other UCEED score-accepting colleges, candidates can visit UCEED Colleges.
UCEED 2023 Schedule
The examination takes place at the test centre and is conducted in two parts. Part-A consists of the computer-based examination, while Part-B contains the sketching questions that need to be done on the provided sheet of paper. Both parts must be attempted by the candidates. The duration of the examination is three hours. The scheduled date and time for the UCEED 2023 examination are given below:
22 January 2023
9 AM to 12 PM
UCEED 2023 Important Dates
|Start date for Online Registration||30 Sep 2022|
|Last date for Online Registration with regular fee||9 Nov 2022|
|Last date for Online Registration with late fee||16 Nov 2022|
|Start date for Admit Card downloading||13 Jan 2023 onwards|
|Deadline for rectification of discrepancies in Admit card||17 Jan 2023 (5:00 PM)|
|UCEED 2023 Exam Date||22 Jan 2023 (Sunday)
09:00 am to 12:00 noon
|Provisional Answer Key||24 Jan 2023|
|Last date for challenging provisional answer key||26 Jan 2023 (5:00 PM)|
|Final Answer Key||30 Jan 2023|
|Announcement of cut-off marks for Part-A||9 Feb 2023|
|Declaration of results||9 Mar 2023|
|Download of Score Cards||11 Mar 2023 to 13 Jun 2023|
Cities of UCEED 2023 Examination
UCEED is conducted in 24 cities in India. The names of the cities are given here below:
Visakhapatnam, Thrissur, Raipur, Ernakulam, Panaji, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Dehradun, Ahmedabad, Thiruvananthapuram, Guwahati, Bengaluru, Kozhikode, Bhopal, Lucknow, Chennai, Delhi, Nagpur, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Patna and Pune.
It must be noted that three cities of preference must be selected by the candidates. If required, the candidate can change the exam city during the online registration only. Once the registration process is completed, candidates will not be allowed to make any changes in the cities of preference added.
A few important points have been declared by the UCI Committee. Candidates are advised to go through the points thoroughly.
- If a city is not opted for by the desired number of candidates, that city may be dropped from the final list of cities. In such a case, the city of the second or third preference will be allotted to candidates.
- The UCI Committee shall not provide any assistance or commute to the candidates appearing in the exam. Therefore, candidates must make their own arrangements for appearing in the examination.
UCEED has described three necessary criteria, on fulfilment of which the candidate will be considered eligible for the examination. These criteria apply to foreign nationals also. The criteria are described below.
- Age Limit: The OPEN/ EWS/ OBC-NCL category candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1998. The SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1993.
- Number of Attempts: The UCEED examination can be given only twice by a candidate. The candidate can only appear in the UCEED examination for two consecutive years only. The UCEED score remains valid only for 1 year for admissions in the same academic year.
- Qualifying Examination: The candidates must have passed all the subjects in the qualifying examination, i.e. Grade 12 or equivalent examination in the year 2022, OR the candidate must be appearing in the qualifying examination for the first time in 2023. Candidates from all the streams, namely Science, Commerce, Arts and Humanities, are eligible to appear in the UCEED 2023.
Note: Candidates who passed the qualifying examination during the academic year 2021 or earlier are not eligible to appear in UCEED 2023.
According to the rules of the Government of India, some seats are reserved for the Indian national candidates of certain categories. The details of reservations for UCEED 2023 are as follows:
- The category chosen by the candidate at the time of registration will be final, and the same will be considered for the UCEED examination and admission process.
- For the candidates belonging to the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) category, a total of 10% of seats are reserved. The candidates must submit the EWS certificate issued only after April 1, 2022.
- For the candidates belonging to the Other Backward Classes- Non-Creamy Sections (OBC-NCL), 27% of seats are reserved in the course. It is also mentioned that the OBC must be included in the OBC list available at www.ncbc.nic.in. The OBCs that are mentioned in the State’s OBC list but not in the Central OBC list will not be entitled to the benefits of the reserved seats.
- For the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC), 15% of seats in the course are reserved.
- For the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribes (ST), 7.5% of seats in the course are reserved.
- The candidates belonging to the Creamy Layer of Other Backward Classes will not be entitled to the benefits of reservations. These candidates are considered in the unreserved (OPEN) category.
- For the candidates belonging to the PwD category, 5% of seats in the course are reserved.
- The leftover or unfilled seats of the OBC-NCL reserved seats will be allotted to the candidates of the OPEN category. While the seats left unfilled from the seats reserved for the SC and ST categories will not be allotted to any other categories.
For any queries, candidates can write to [email protected] or call the UCEED helpdesk at +91- 22-25764063 / 9093 / 9094.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Is there any reservation for the PwD candidates in UCEED?
Yes, 5% of the seats are reserved for the PwD candidates.
What is the age criteria in UCEED 2023?
The age criteria for UCEED 2023 is that the candidates belonging to OPEN/ EWS/ OBC-NCL category must be born on or after October 1, 1998. However, the candidate belonging to the SC/ ST/ PWD category must be born on or after October 1, 1993.
When was the UCEED 2023 conducted?
The UCEED 2023 was conducted on 22 January 2023.
Which type of questions are there in Part B of the UCEED 2023?
Part B of UCEED 2023 contains questions from drawing and sketching. This part analyses the drawing skills of the candidates.
Who is the conducting body of UCEED 2023?
The conducting body of UCEED 2023 is IIT Bombay.