MHT-CET Exam Pattern 2020

Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET of MHCET) exam pattern 2020 gives the candidates an idea about the number of questions asked in the examination, duration of the examination and the marks allotted to every question.

The MHT-CET 2020 was earlier scheduled in the month of April. As per the recent announcement, the examination is postponed and the dates will be announced later. The MHT-CET 2020 is an online examination. The questions are based on the syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.

There is 80% weightage given to Class 12 topics and remaining 20% weightage is given to Class 11 topics. The questions are all MCQs with four options. There is no negative marking.

The examination is held as two groups i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics, Chemistry, Biology. The results of the examination are declared as a percentile. It should be noted that the percentile score of Physics and Chemistry will not be interchanged among groups.

It is mandatory for candidates seeking admission to first-year Engineering and Technology degree courses to appear for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The candidates seeking admission to Pharmacy/ Pharm. D can appear for either PCM or PCB.

Highlights of MHT-CET Exam Pattern 2020

  1. MHT-CET 2020 is an online examination.
  2. The examination is conducted in two groups (PCM or PCB).
  3. There are 50 questions in every subject. 40 questions are asked from Class 12 topics remaining 10 questions are from Class 11 topics
  4. The questions are in the form of MCQs.The candidates have to choose the correct answer from the four options given.
  5. There is only one correct answer amongst the four options. Multiple answers to the same question will not be permitted.
  6. In Mathematics every correct answer is allotted 2 marks. In other subjects, every correct answer is given one mark.
  7. There is no negative marking in the MHT-CET 2020 pattern.

Exam Marking Scheme

The following table gives details of the marking scheme for every subject.

Subject Number of questions Marks per question Total marks Duration in minutes
Class 11 Class 12
Mathematics 10 40 2 100 90
Physics 10 40 1 100 90
Chemistry 10 40
Biology (Botany) 10 40 1 100 90
Biology (Zoology) 10 40

Grievance Redressal

The Grievance Redressal will be handled by the “Venue Officer”.The Venue Officer will be available in the venue throughout the examination period. If the candidate has any grievance during the examination period regarding the loss of time due to administrative errors or any other issues, it should be reported to the invigilator. The invigilator will communicate that to the Venue Officer.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the mode of Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET)?

The examination is held in online mode.

What are the marks allotted for every correct answer?

In Mathematics every correct answer is allotted 2 marks. In Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology each correct answer is given one mark.

What is the duration of MHT-CET 2020 examination?

The examination is conducted as two groups, i.e., PCM & PCB.The duration of every group is 3 hours.


Start your learning journey