Every year, the NSEB (National Standard Examination in Biology) is administered by the Association of Teachers in Biological Sciences, the Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education, and the Indian Association of Physics Teachers. Due to the current epidemic, the exam, which was formerly a three-stage procedure, has now been shortened to a two-stage method. However, the phases leading up to the international olympiad have the same format.
Please Note: This page will be updated soon
This exam is claimed to be important in identifying exceptional individuals with high IQs in biology, and awarding them scholarships to top universities around the country. In this article, we’ll go over the NSEB 2022 Exam Pattern as well as other NSEB related information.
Exam Pattern of NSEB
The exam format and marking scheme for NSEB examinations 2022 are listed below:
|Total Number of Questions||80|
|Types Of Question||Multiple-choice Question (MCQs) with negative marking|
|Language/ Medium of Paper||English/Hindi (To have opted during registration)|
|Syllabus||Based on CBSE|
For each accurate response, students receive three points. For each wrong response, one mark is subtracted from the overall score.
NSEB Exam Stages and Pattern
The overview offers you a sense of what the NSE biology test pattern comprises as students go through each level.There are five stages to the process:
- Stage 1: Biology National Standard Examination (NSEB)
- Stage 2: National Biology Olympiad of India (INBO)
- Stage 3: Biology Orientation and Selection Camp (OCSC)
- Stage 4: IBO Pre-Departure Training Camp (PDT)
- Stage 5: International Biology Olympiad participation (IBO).
The biology paper will last around 120 minutes and will be in English. Alternatively, at enrolling, Hindi can be selected as an option. Students will get a +3 for each correct answer, but a -1 for each incorrect response. In a two-hour paper, students must answer 80 questions for a total of 240 points. The test is conducted in a paper-and-pencil format.
Tips for Getting Ready for the NSEB and Getting a Good Score
- Examine your previous test-taking abilities, achievements, and failures. Knowing your talents and limitations can significantly aid you in your preparation.
- Gather your study resources and look over any new knowledge you’ve learned about the biology areas that will most likely be addressed in the test.
- Make a study timetable and set aside the time needed to finish each topic without overestimating your talents; it is critical to be practical in your approach.
- Stick to your strategy and start studying; don’t be sidetracked by any distractions. Your self-confidence will increase if you stick to your timetable.
- After studying, choose a test date and solve trial papers and pace yourself. Also, consult sample papers and previous years’ question papers.
Recommended Books (NSEB 2022)
The National Science Education Board (NSEB) assists students in assessing their biology knowledge. Biology is extremely important in today’s world. Along with academic understanding, students must be meticulous in their diagrams. To qualify for international olympiads and to do well in the NSEB tests, one must understand the fundamental ideas of biology. We’ve compiled a list of some of the most useful books to help you prepare for the NSEB examinations 2022:
- Biology NCERT Book for Class 11
- Biology NCERT Books for Class 12
- P.S. Dhami’s Pradeep’s A Text Book of Biology for Class 12
- Trueman’s Elementary Biology for Class 12 and NEET by K.N. Bhatia M.P. Tyagi