The Unified Council conducts the National Level Science Talent Search Examination (NSTSE) every year for students from Class I to Class XII. The NSTSE aims at identifying students who have a strong conceptual understanding of various topics at their level. The focus of the NSTSE is on the fundamentals and the students are expected to think and answer the questions, and not simple recall and write.
The questions are based on the CBSE syllabus. The question paper is also considered appropriate for students from various other boards of education.
Exam Pattern of NSTSE 2022
The Unified Council NSTSE 2022 exam pattern will vary per grade, and we have attempted to compile some information on the subject.
- Exam Mode: The Unified Council NSTSE 2022 exam will be held in schools; it will also be available online this year.
- The applicants will be awarded one point for each right answer.
- Negative Marking: For the Unified Council NSTSE 2022 exam, there will be no negative marking.
- For the Unified Council NSTSE 2022, applicants will have 60 minutes to complete their paper.
The questions for all the classes are objective-type and no negative marks are given for wrong answers. The duration of the examination is 90 minutes for all classes.
Class III to Class V
Class VI to X
Class XI and Class XII (PCM)
Class XI and Class XII (PCB)
Read more: NSTSE Syllabus
- The secret to success is to practise: Make the most of your practice time. Practice accounts for 70% of your NSTSE preparation. BYJU’S question bank has many questions to help you understand and reinforce ideas in each chapter. Take simulated tests at the national level: To increase your efficiency at answering questions, provide timed mock tests in a truly exam-like setting.
- Don’t let your doubts hold you back. To obtain an immediate response, discuss and clarify them with BYJU’S Subject Experts. Investigate the most reliable sources: The basic resources you’ll need for NSTSE are NCERT and a few recommended books. BYJU’S curates the greatest study materials from across the web to assist you in improving your preparation.
- It is important to revise: Keep revising notes whenever you go over a formula or topic.