The International English Olympiad is a competition for students who have passed an international English language test from all around the world. This program will challenge students at the local, national, and worldwide levels throughout the year. Participants will be required to generate things of interest or displays of concepts linked to linguistics themes, such as grammar and pronunciation, for this event.
The International English Olympiad (IEO) 2022 will be held on three dates: 22nd September 2022, 14th October 2022, and 1st November 2022 according to the Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF). The exams will be conducted in a paper-and-pencil format. The various schools will deliver the admission cards. In this article, we will provide all necessary information on IEO 2022
IEO 2021-2022 Overview
|Full Exam Name||International English Olympiad|
|Short Exam Name||IEO|
|Conducting Body||Science Olympiad Foundation|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Application Fee (General)||125 Rs [Offline]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour|
Eligibility Criteria of IEO 2022
The International English Olympiad is a competition that assesses English comprehension and usage. It welcomes students, irrespective of distinctions based on race, language, or nationality. This competition allows students worldwide to practise and compete, preparing them to be educated citizens in an increasingly globalised society. Here are the IEO Eligibility criteria listed below.
Students in grades 6 to 12 are eligible to compete in the International English Olympiad. The candidates must write an essay based on a subject or question and answer three additional questions linked to the essay. The competitors must be able to read and understand solely English-language subjects and questions.
- Since 2000, the SCIENCE OLYMPIAD FOUNDATION (S.O.F.) has held this event in India, and it has been held every year since then, with many students from India and abroad participating year after year.
- A student must be enrolled in a SOF-approved school.
- To be eligible for IEO 2022, a student must be in or between classes 1 and 12.
- A student must have completed an application form that is entirely filled out and made the required payment.
IEO 2021-2022 Exam Pattern
Students should be aware of the IEO exam pattern in order to study for the SOF IEO exam 2022. If students understand the curriculum and exam schedule, they will better understand where to get their marks.
IEO Exam Pattern 2021-22 for Class 1 to 4
|Topic/Section||Word and Structure Knowledge||Reading||Spoken and Written Expression||Achiever’s Section||Total|
|No. of questions||30 questions||5 questions||35 questions|
|Marks per question||1 mark each||2 marks each||45 marks|
IEO Exam Pattern 2021 for Class 5 to 12
|Topic/Section||Word and Structure Knowledge||Reading||Spoken and Written Expression||Achiever’s section||Total|
|No. of questions||45 questions||5 questions||45 questions|
|Marks per question||1 mark each||3 marks each||60 marks|
Application Process for IEO 2022
Here, we will discuss the IEO registration process for 2022.
- Offline Mode
- Payment Type: Other
- To participate in the International English Olympiad 2022, students must be registered in a school.
- Students are unable to apply and compete in the Olympiad on their own.
- Students must get the IEO 2022 application form from their school’s Principal, Vice-Principal, or Teacher In-Charge.
- They must fill out the entire form and send it to the school along with the needed funds.
IEO’s programme is designed to assess a student’s fundamental English skills. It seeks to improve a student’s English language abilities by presenting a diverse range of questions. All of SOF’s question papers are divided into categories according to their complexity. The IEO syllabus is the same from school to grade. However, the quality of questions varies. The purpose of the question paper is to assess a student’s abilities in the following areas:
- Understanding of words and structure
- Expansion in both spoken and written form
- Section for Achievers (a special section that has advanced level questions)
Check out the Class-wise syllabus pages
Result SOF IEO 2022
The first level of the IEO 2021-22 results was announced on February 15, 2022. By inputting their roll number, students will be able to view their IEO results.
Candidates who pass the level 1 test will be able to take the level 2 exam in February 2022. In March 2022, the results of IEO 2021-22 level 2 will be announced. Scholarships and rewards will be given to the finalists.
The Cutoff for IEO 2022
On its official website, SOF publishes the SOF IEO 2022 cutoff.
- The IEO cutoff for Class 3-12 will be issued in 2022. Students who pass the first level of the IEO test in 2022 will advance to the second level.
- Students can use the cutoff to see if they qualify for the SOF IEO 2022 test by comparing their results to the cutoff.
Frequently Asked Questions on IEO 2022
What exactly is IEO?
What are the topics covered by the IEO?
Science, Technology, and the Environment (STEM)
Business, Economics, and Law
Indian Studies and Social Sciences
The INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH OLYMPIAD is a competition for students worldwide that takes place every year. The test is held on a Sunday that the National Headquarters determine in 150 locations throughout the world. Students in grades 6 through 10 may register on time, with a representative from their school or independently.