The Science Olympiad Foundation hosts the International Mathematics Olympiad, a well-known mathematics competition. The SOF IMO is an exam that assesses students’ mathematical understanding and potential. Students who take part in the IMO can evaluate their classmates’ grasp of the topic and their ability to solve various levels of sums on a school, local, zonal, and worldwide level.
The topics and chapters stated in the syllabus of IMO 2022 for both Levels I and II stay the same, however the difficulty level increases. The International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) has two levels of competition. Set A of the IMO Level 1 exam will be held on 10th November 2022, Set B on 22nd November 2022, and Set C on 13th December 2022. The SOF IMO Level 2 test will be held tentatively in March. Only students in Classes 3 to 12 participate in Level II.
|Full Exam Name||International Mathematical Olympiad|
|Short Exam Name||IMO|
|Conducting Body||Science Olympiad Foundation|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Application Fee (General)||125 Rs [Offline]|
Eligibility Criteria for IMO 2022
IMO 2022 Eligibility Criteria are listed below
- Students in grades 1 to 12 are eligible to take the SOF IMO 2022 test.
- The Level 1 Exam will be held for students in grades 1 to 12.
- Students in grades 3 to 12 who pass the Level 1 test are summoned to take the Level 2 exam.
Dates and Patterns of IMO Exams
The International Maths Olympiad is normally held in the second part of the year by the SOF. Set A, Set B, Set C, and Set D are the four sets or sessions of the SOF, IMO.
Given the pandemic, the SOF IMO has been held in an online proctored manner from 2020. The test will be monitored in the same manner unless otherwise advised, according to an announcement on the IMO’s official website. The SOF organises the International Mathematics Olympiad on two levels, the specifics of the IMO Exam pattern are given below.
The IMO Level 1 test is given to students in Classes 1 to 12.
- The test will last 60 minutes.
- Students in Classes 1 to 4 must complete 35 Objective-type (Multiple-choice Questions)
- Students in Classes 5 to 12 must complete 50 Objective-type (Multiple-choice Questions)
IMO Level 2 is given to the students in Classes 3 to 12 who participate in the second level of the SOF IMO.
- For the IMO Level 2 test, the following students are deemed qualified:
- When ten or more students from a class undertake Level 1 and receive a minimum aggregate of 50 per cent, the class topper is determined.
- The top 25 rank holders from each class and zone are considered at the zone/state level.
- Only the top 5% of applicants in each class who appear in Level 1 are considered at the worldwide level.
Each class’s Mathematics Olympiad Syllabus is organised into four sections, each of which covers concepts and themes tailored to the curriculum and student knowledge. Class wise IMO syllabus details are listed below.
Application Process for IMO 2022
IMO Exam registration details are given below
- Offline mode
- Payment Type: Other
- The only way to apply for the IMO test 2021-22 is to do it offline. Interested students should contact their respective schools. The school administrators have already received the registration forms.
- Along with the application form, students must submit a Rs. 125 application fee per student.
- In the case of international students, a fee of $9 per student is charged. It is important to know that no student can apply for IMO 2021-22 registration on their own.
- SOF will not accept any application forms sent by students directly. For registration, students should contact their local schools.
IMO Result 2022
The question papers are set according to the syllabus of the International Mathematics Olympiad, which is based on the curriculum of the corresponding class. Each class has its own set of questions. The Maths Olympiad result for level 1 was issued by the Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) on March 30, 2022. The IMO results for 2021-22 have been made available on the official website sofworld.org in an online format. The IMO test results for sets A, B, C, and D have been released. Students will need their roll numbers to verify the IMO 2021-22 results.