InChO is an annual competition for high school students that allows them to show off their skills in their favourite subject, Chemistry. The yearly competition is organised by the Homi Bhabha Centre in collaboration with the Indian Association of Chemistry Teachers every year.
Please Note: This page will be updated soon
In 2020, during the pandemic’s onset, InChO held, keeping in mind all of Covid’s social restrictions and the exam was conducted with caution. They made the safety of the students their first concern at all times. They were also assertive enough to continue the same path in the coming years. We will examine the test pattern, curriculum, registration, and more in this post regarding InCHO 2022.
InCho 2022: Examination Dates
|Starting date of Enrollment for InCho-2022||September 15, 2021|
|InCho Exam Date||July 10-18 2022|
Read: InChO Exam Date
Exam Pattern for the InChO Olympiad
The following is the InChO exam pattern.
- The question pattern comprises 80 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with negative markings.
- The paper is written in both English and Hindi. At the time of registration, students have the option of selecting their preferred media.
- The syllabus is identical to that of senior secondary school pupils, including the CBSE Class XII syllabus. The NSEC syllabus is also followed by InChO.
- The paper will be completed in three hours.
The Registration Process for the InChO Exam 2022
Students are instructed to follow the procedures outlined below to complete the enrollment process:
- Go to InChO’s official website.
- Look for the Olympiad option in the drop-down menu.
- Then select upcoming events from the drop-down menu.
- The students must next fill in the essential information, such as their DOB, NSE centre code, and roll number.
- At the time of registration, students must select a test centre, based on their preferences.
Eligibility Criteria for the 2022 InChO Olympiad Exam
The qualifying conditions must be followed by students. Any student found to be in violation of the eligibility requirements will be banned from taking the tests.
The following are the InChO criteria:
- The candidate’s birthdate should fall between July 1, 2002, and June 30, 2007.
- Students are eligible to apply for an Indian passport.
- Students who take this test will not be able to take the NSEJS exam in 2022.
- The student must be an Indian citizen who is currently studying in India, and has not passed their 12th board test.
- Students who have already applied have not yet begun their studies at a university or institution.
InChO’s Syllabus is aligned with the most recent CBSE curriculum. As a result, one must have a firm grasp on their Class 11 and 12 school study materials, including the NCERT, in order to reinforce the fundamentals.
Topics and Sub-topics of InChO Syllabus
|Experimental Part of IChO||
Students become anxious to verify their test results around the time the results are revealed. The names of students who advance to the next stage, as well as their scores and performance cards, are released. Candidates must verify their results on the HBCSE’s official website to find out the status of their InChO Results.
The result for the year 2021 was announced in March. The dates for the next year, 2022, have not yet been confirmed; they will be released soon and officially.
Frequently Asked Questions on InChO – Indian National Chemistry Olympiad
What is the InChO curriculum?