Table of Contents
Latest on NEET 2022Why NEET 2022?What’s new?HighlightsExam datesEvents so farApplication processOnline form correctionEligibility criteriaExam patternMarking schemeSyllabusAdmit cardExam scheduleDress codeExam centresPreparation 2022Question papers and AnalysisAnswer keysResultsCut offMerit listReservationCounsellingOnline CoachingFAQs
All You Must Know About NEET 2022
Lakhs of students take part in NEET every year. NEET or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is a national-level medical entrance test. It is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admissions to medical courses in recognized and approved medical institutes across the country. While there were speculations on the NEET 2022 expected dates, the officials have announced the dates for NEET. NEET 2022 took place on 17th July 2022 by the NTA. Results were declared on September 7, 2022.
Do Check: NEET 2022 Answer Key With Solutions
NEET 2022 Paper Live Discussion with Solutions | NEET 2022 Question paper with Answer Key | NEET 2022 Paper Discussion Live! Watch now
Download NEET 2022 Question Paper Detailed Analysis PDF – Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology
Download NEET 2022 Question Paper With Solutions PDF: Download
|NEET 2022 Question Paper with Solutions|
|NEET 2022 Answer Keys|
|NEET Question Paper 2022 Analysis|
|NEET Results 2022|
As per the National Medical Commission Act, 2019, Section 14, NEET stands as the common and uniform medical entrance test for UG medical courses across all the medical institutes, administered under any law. Following this, admissions to AIIMS and JIPMER institutes are also under NEET. NEET 2022 examination was conducted on 17th July 2022 by the National Testing Agency across around 497 cities in India and 14 exam centres abroad this time. The complete NEET 2022 schedule of examination is provided on the website of NTA – nta.neet.nic.in.
When is the NEET 2022 exam date?
The NEET 2022 dates are announced. The NEET examination date 2022 is July 17th; it was held across India and even in some cities abroad this time. The official conducting body for NEET is NTA. NEET 2022 Registration date was 6 April 2022 – 20 May 2022.
Get the complete details of NEET 2022-23 here.
Latest on NEET-UG 2022 and NEET 2022 exam dates
- NEET UG Counselling Mop up round 2 provisional seat allotment results to be out on 4 January 2023
- NEET-UG 2022 Counselling commenced on 11 October 2022
- AYUSH NEET Final first round of results are now out
- 15 November – NEET UG 2022 Counselling Round 2 Final results released
- NEET-UG 2022 results were declared on 7 September 2022. Final set of answer keys and cut-off were also released on the same day
- NEET 2022 Admit cards were released on the official website on 12th July 2022
- For changes to category, the officials on 14th and 15th June 2022 reopened the correction portal to allow corrections (if any)
- NEET 2022 registrations are now closed. More than 18.7 lakh registrations recorded!
- The last date to make corrections (if any) to the application form for registered candidates was 27th May 2022
- NEET Application Last Date – 20th May 2022
- Registered candidates can download their admit cards through the online mode only from the official website – neet.nta.nic.in
- NEET 2022 form release date – 6 April 2022
- NEET-UG 2022 exam date is 17th July 2022
Latest notifications on NEET 2022:
Latest News on NEET 2022: Admit card 2022, Registrations and Application form 2022
NEET 2022 Counselling commenced on 11 October 2022 were in candidates could choice fill and lock seats from October 15 – 18. Seat allotment for the same took place on 19th and 20th October. Provisional results for the round were released on 20th October and the final results were declared on 21st October. Registrations for Round 2 NEET 2022 counselling went on till November 13th for choice filling and locking, final results for the same were announced on November 15, 2022.
Mop up round is scheduled to be conducted from November 23 – November 28. Results of the same are expected to be out by December 3, 2022.
NEET 2022 Results were declared on September 7, 2022. On the same day, NEET 2022 cut-off and the final set of answer keys were also released. NEET 2022 was conducted on 17 July, 2022. NEET Application last date for 2022 was 20 May 2022. The last date to make corrections (if any) to the online NEET 2022 form of application for registered students was 27th May 2022. As per the latest updates on registrations, close to 18.7 lakh students registered for NEET 2022. The admit cards for NEET 2022 were being issued on the official website – neet.nta.nic.in. Check your NEET 2022 results now!
|NEET Preparation Tips|
|NEET Sample Papers|
NEET Full form – Why NEET 2022?
NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. It is an all-India pre-medical test which was formerly known as AIPMT (All India Pre-Medical Test). The test is conducted for young medical aspirants who wish to pursue medicine and thereby seek admission to undergraduate medical programmes both in the country and even abroad. NEET is conducted annually by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
A successful attempt at NEET enables students to avail a seat in any of the medical programmes such as MBBS, BDS, nursing and various AYUSH courses offered in both government and private institutes of India. Following the “One nation One test” policy that was passed, NEET has emerged as the one-tier national level entrance test scrapping all the state entrance tests including AIIMS and JIPMER tests.
NEET 2022 – What’s New?
The Medical Council of India has introduced some changes in NEET on the recommendation of the Union Health Ministry. Take a look at the changes implemented:
- NEET stands as the single-level medical entrance test conducted nationwide, thus scrapping AIIMS and JIPMER entrance tests
- More than 18 lakh registrations were recorded this year in NEET-UG 2022
- The 15% All India Quota scheme is now joined by states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh
- Qualifying NEET UG exam is now a must even for Indian candidates who desire to pursue medicine abroad
- No restriction on the number of attempts at NEET. However, age limit restriction must be followed as per corresponding categories
- A total of 497 cities in India and 14 Cities Outside India have been added for NEET (UG) – 2022
- Revision in examination fee
- The duration of the NEET 2022 will be 200 minutes (03:20 hours) from 02:00 PM to 05:20 PM (IST)
- The scores of NEET 2022 shall be accepted for female candidates who wish to pursue nursing programmes at AFMS institutes
NEET Highlights 2022
|Name Of The Test||NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)|
|Conducting Authority||NTA (National Testing Agency)|
|Mode of Exam||Pen-paper based (offline mode)|
|Number of candidates registered in 2022||Approximately 18.7 lakh registrations|
|Exam Duration (Revised)||3 hours and 20 minutes or 200 minutes|
|Seats Offered||Admission to MBBS and BDS and other courses seats under 15% All India Quota and 85% State quota|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, BDS, AYUSH and other related Courses|
|Number of Questions||180 questions to be answered out of 200 questions (MCQs)|
|Type of questions||Objective-type questions (MCQs) with 4 options out of which 1 is correct|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology)|
|Number of Questions from each section||
|Language||The question paper is asked in 13 languages – English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks are awarded for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||1 mark is deducted for each wrong answer|
|Total Exam centres||Approximately 497 cities in India and 14 Cities Outside India|
Latest NEET 2022 Exam Dates – Important Dates of NEET 2022
Candidates who are willing to take part in NEET 2022 can check the table below for all the related NEET exam dates 2022.
|Event (NEET Exam date 2022)||Corresponding Date|
|NEET 2022 Form – Application form: Date of release||6th April 2022|
|Last date to fill NEET application form 2022 (Previously)||6th May, 15th May 2022|
|NEET form date 2022 – Last Date Of Online NEET Application form Submission (Final)||20th May 2022|
|Application form fee – Last date to submit fee online (Final)||20th May 2022|
|Correction Window Portal Opens||24th May 2022|
|NEET 2022 application form – last date of the correction facility||27th May 2022, 15th June 2022|
|Admit Card Release date||12th July 2022|
|NEET 2022 Exam date||17th July 2022|
|NEET 2022 Announcement of Results||7th September 2022|
Download NEET 2021 Question paper
Important NEET-UG 2022 Events So far – NEET 2022 exam date latest news
|Important events (NEET 2022 Dates)||Corresponding dates|
|Release of official notification announcing NEET exam date and release of information brochure||6th April 2022|
|NEET 2022 Exam date||17th July 2022|
|NEET 2022 form date – NEET 2022 Application form date||6th April 2022|
|Online NEET application process 2022 commences – NEET 2022 Registration date||6th April 2022 – 6th May 2022|
|NEET 2022 Registration closes – Final (Revised from 6th May and 15th May)||20th May 2022|
|Last date to pay NEET application fee 2022||20th May 2022|
|Correction facility for registered candidates opens||24th May 2022|
|Last date to make corrections to the application form||27th May 2022, 15th June 2022|
|Released of NEET 2022 admit card||12th July 2022|
|NEET Study material – Physics, Chemistry and Biology||All NEET 2022 Exam Dates Released||Important notes for NEET|
NEET 2022 Application – Registration Process for NEET-UG 2022
Candidates taking part in NEET 2022 can visit the official website of NEET to fill out the application form available. The NEET 2022 application form date of release was 6th April 2022. Candidates can fill in the application form through the online mode only and not offline mode. Click on the “Apply Online” link and get directed to filling the application form.
How to Apply for NEET 2022? Steps in Online filling of NEET 2022 Application form: NEET Registration 2022
NEET Registration 2022
- Visit the official website for NEET.
- Register by providing the name, mobile number, email id and other details. (New Registration tab on the left-side)
- Fill in the NEET registration 2022 form.
- Some details to be filled – Date of Birth, Category, Nationality, qualification details such as Year of Passing, Percentage of marks, etc., details to contact and choice for the exam centre.
- Upload the scanned copies of the required documents in the prescribed size and format only.
- Fee payment of application can be done through online and offline mode.
- Towards the end, the confirmation page will be displayed. Take the printout of the duly filled application form for future reference.
- Aadhar card is no more a mandate in order to fill the application form. Valid ID proof must be provided
Once the process is complete, candidates are provided with a provisional application number. This number will also be sent to the email id and registered phone number.
Documents required to Apply Online for NEET 2022: NEET 2022 Application form
Listed below are the documents one would require while submitting the NEET application form 2022. Take a look:
Documents required for NEET 2022 application form filling
- Most recent passport-size photograph
- Most recent postcard size photograph
- Signature of the candidate
- Candidate’s thumb impression
- Class 10 Marksheet
- Valid ID proof
Specifications of the documents are as follows:
|Name of the Document||Specification provided by NTA||Size of file
|Description for Online Tool
(with 72 DPI)
|Passport size photograph||Not specified||10 Kb to 200 Kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
|Postcard size photograph||4″X6″||10 kb to 200 kb||4.25 X 3.5 inches|
|Signature of the candidate||Not specified||4 kb to 30 kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
|Thumb impression||Not specified||10 kb to 200 kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
|Class 10 mark sheet||Not specified||100 Kb to 400 Kb||2.5 X 3.5 inches|
Click here to check the specifications of the NEET photo size
Revised Examination Fee for NEET 2022
The application fee for NEET 2022 is as mentioned below (subject to change):
|Category||Fee (INR)||Outside India (Fee in ₹)|
|General||₹ 1600/-||₹ 8500/-|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL||₹ 1500/-|
|SC/ST/PwBD/Third Gender||₹ 900/-|
Mode of Payment:
Application fee payment can be done through the offline mode as given below:
- Online method – Credit card/Debit card/Paytm/Net banking
- Processing charges and GST as applicable, are chargeable (in addition to the examination fee) by the concerned Bank/Payment Gateway Integrator
Read details: How to Fill NEET 2022 Application Form
NEET 2022 Application Form Online Correction
After submission of the NEET 2022 application form, candidates are provided with an opportunity to make changes to limited fields through the online mode. One must regularly visit the website for the latest notifications on the re-opening of the portal for correction facility.
In case, candidates are required to correct and upload a clearer photograph or signature, it will be intimated through SMS or email regarding the same. Additionally, registered candidates can make changes to fields such as – Date of birth, gender, identification, category, state code of eligibility, the medium of the exam paper, exam centre, name of parents, percentage and marks obtained in the qualifying examination, etc. In case, an additional fee has to be made, the same can be done through net banking or debit/credit card payment.
Incomplete form submission can result in rejection of the form. No changes to any fields will be entertained once the form has been submitted.
Additional Reading: NEET Application Form Correction
NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria – Revised
Candidates taking part in NEET must be well aware of the eligibility criteria for NEET 2022. Read to find complete details on eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have passed/appeared for class 12 or an equivalent exam. Candidates appearing for the class 12 exams are also eligible
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English must be the major, mandate subjects
- Candidates must have obtained the required aggregate marks in the qualifying examinations:
- Unreserved and General-EWS Candidates – 50% marks in the qualifying examinations
- SC/ST/PWBD candidates/Other Backward Classes (NCL) – 40% marks in the qualifying examinations
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- If the candidate does not reside in India then he or she should be an OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Foreign Nationals
- Candidates from the J&K state are eligible to appear for NEET 2022 under the All India 15% quota only by self-declaration. Such candidates can also get admitted to AFMC, Pune
- Indian Citizens/ OCI intending to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses in a foreign Medical/ Dental Institute also need to qualify for NEET (UG)
- Candidate has completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31 December of the year of candidate’s admission to the first year of the Undergraduate Medical Course
- No upper age limit as decided in the fourth NMC meeting held on 21 October 2021
Aadhar Card Possession
Aadhar card is no more a mandate to participate in NEET. Valid ID proof should be kept ready. Candidates belonging to the state of Meghalaya, Assam, and J&K can furnish ration card numbers, passport numbers, bank account numbers, or any valid ID number while NRI, OCI, PIO, and other foreign nationals can produce their passport numbers for the same.
Learn more about NEET Attempt Limit
NTA Revised NEET Exam Pattern 2022 – Highlights
Refer to the table provided below to know about the NEET 2022 exam pattern:
|Mode of Exam||Pen-paper based|
|NEET 2022 date||17th July 2022|
|Expected number of Applicants||Around 18 lakhs|
|Exam Duration||200 minutes (03 hours 20 minutes)|
|Number of Questions||200 questions (MCQs) – 180 to be answered|
|Type of questions||Objective type questions with 4 options – 1 correct answer|
|Subjects||Questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology)|
|Questions from sections||Physics – Section A (35 questions), Section B (15 questions, answer any 10) =45 questions
Chemistry – Section A (35 questions), Section B (15 questions, answer any 10) =45 questions
Botany – Section A (35 questions), Section B (15 questions, answer any 10) =45 questions
Zoology – Section A (35 questions), Section B (15 questions, answer any 10) =45 questions
|Language||The question paper is asked in 13 languages – English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and Punjabi|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks are awarded for each correct answer.|
|Negative Marking||1 mark is deducted for each wrong answer|
Detailed Marking Scheme of NTA NEET 2022
|NEET Subjects||Section||Total questions||Marks|
15 (Any 10 to be attempted)
|B||15 (Any 10 to be attempted)||
|B||15 (Any 10 to be attempted)||
|180 to be attempted out of 200||
NTA NEET Syllabus 2022
The Medical Council of India (MCI) prescribes a syllabus for NEET. It covers topics from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology from classes 11 and 12. Typically, the syllabus for NEET is published once a thorough review from inputs of different states on the syllabi is conducted. Syllabi are based on NCERT, CBSE and COBSEW. There are no changes to the NEET syllabus 2022 so far. Check this space for the latest on the syllabus.
Provided below is the subject-wise syllabus for NEET 2022 from classes 11 and 12.
NEET 2022 Physics Syllabus – NEET-UG syllabus 2022
|Class 11th Syllabus||Class 12th Syllabus|
|Physical world and measurement||Electro statistics|
|Laws of Motion||Magnetic effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy, and Power||Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents|
|Motion of systems of particles and rigid body||Electromagnetic waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic theory||Electronic Devices|
|Oscillations and wave|
Also Check: Detailed NEET 2022 Physics Syllabus
NEET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus – NEET-UG syllabus 2022
|Class 11th Syllabus||Class 12th Syllabus|
|Some basic concepts of Chemistry||Solid state|
|Structure of atom||Solutions|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|States of Matter: Gases and liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||General principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Equilibrium||P Block elements|
|Redox reactions||D and F block elements|
|s-Block elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Some p-Block elements||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Organic Chemistry – Some basic principles and techniques||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Hydrocarbons||Organic compounds containing Nitrogen|
|Environmental chemistry||Biomolecules, Polymers and Chemistry in everyday life|
Click here to check NEET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus in detail
NEET 2022 Biology Syllabus – NEET-UG syllabus 2022
|Class 11th Syllabus||Class 12th Syllabus|
|Diversity in the Living World||Reproduction|
|Structural Organisation – Plants and Animals||Genetics and Evolution|
|Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human welfare|
|Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and its applications|
|Human physiology||Ecology and environment|
Also Read: Complete NEET 2022 Biology Syllabus
NEET 2022 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully registered by submitting the NEET 2022 Application form can download their NEET admit card on the official website. Some details regarding the same are as follows:
- NEET Admit Card 2022 is released on official website for NEET by the NTA on 12th July 2022
- Admit cards are available to download through the online mode only. Admit cards will not be posted
- Candidates must take a print of the admit card
How To Download NEET 2022 Admit card
Details on the NTA NEET 2022 Admit card
Some details on the admit card are –
- Candidates must carry a copy of the NEET 2022 admit card to the exam hall
- Along with releasing admit cards, a format to affix postcard photographs to the admit card shall also be specified
- Candidates must contact the official authority for NEET, in case they find any disparity in details on the admit card
NEET Examination Schedule for 2022
One of the changes introduced this time is the increase in the time duration of the NEET exam. Now, NEET will be conducted for 3 hours and 20 minutes (200 minutes). The exact timeline of events and the examination schedule for NEET 2022 is as given below:
|Event||Corresponding Date and Time|
|NEET 2022 Exam date||17th July 2022|
|NEET 2022 Exam timing||02.00 pm to 05.20 pm|
|NEET 2022 Exam Duration||3 hours 20 minutes|
|Occupying seats in the exam hall by||1:15 pm onwards|
|Last entry time to the exam hall||1:30 pm|
|Invigilator verifies admit cards and makes important announcements||1:30 pm to 1:45 pm|
|Distribution of exam booklets||1:45 pm|
|Candidates fill out particulars in the booklet||1:50 pm – 2 pm|
|Commencement of exams||2 pm|
|Conclusion of exams||5.20 pm|
NEET Exam Day Guidelines
Candidates must ensure to understand and follow the below-mentioned guidelines as specified by the NTA on the day of examination at the examination centre allotted. Exam day guidelines for NEET exams cover the following important aspects:
- Timeline – glance through a sequence of events and their timings on exam day
- Exam pattern & marking scheme – NEET 2022 pattern had some changes. Ensure to have thoroughly understood the NEET 2022 exam pattern and marking scheme of NEET.
- Dress code – Follow the dress code specified by the NTA
- Barred items – Read about the list of items that are barred from being carried to the examination hall and follow it
- Documents – carry all the documents as specified to the examination hall without fail (admit card, photos, valid ID proof, certificates if applicable)
Read the complete set of guidelines here – NEET Rules and regulations
NEET Dress code
NTA implements strict rules for both boys and girls when it comes to dressing code on the day of examination, which should be observed. These specifications must be considered, failing to do so can lead to disqualification of the candidature and hence, the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
NEET Dress Code For Males
Here is a list of guidelines to be followed by male candidates on the day of the NEET examination
- Pick light clothes, half-sleeved shirts
- Shirts with big buttons are not allowed
- Wear light-coloured trousers, pants
- Avoid wearing jeans
- Sandals, slippers with low heels are allowed. Boots, shoes, sneakers, and loafers are not permitted
- Long or full sleeve shirts are not allowed.
- Kurta-pajamas, layering of clothes with jackets, etc. should be avoided
NEET Dress Code For Females
Female aspirants appearing for NEET are instructed to follow this set of guidelines when it comes to the dress code
- Wear light-coloured, simple, half-sleeved clothes. Long and fancy sleeves should be avoided
- The attire should not have fancy embroidery, big buttons, flowers, designed pockets, frills, elaborate designs, floral designs, etc.
- Avoid leggings and churidars, opt for Salwar/trousers
- Sandals or slippers with low heels are permitted, but shoes, closed/covered sandals, slippers, high heels, stilettos and other fancy footwear are not allowed. Wear open-toed sandals
- Layering clothes, with sweatshirts, jackets, shrugs, etc. should be avoided
- Metallic /non-metallic jewellery should be avoided
NEET Exam centres 2022
This year, there has been a significant increase in the exam centres for NEET. The officials have allocated 497 cities in India and 14 examination centres overseas.
The newly added 14 examination centres on foreign lands are located in the following cities –
|Doha||Kuala Lumpur||Manama||Abu Dhabi|
How many NEET exam centres can be selected?
Candidates are given an option to select four convenient cities of their choice in order of their priority as per convenience. Thereby, one can select city codes of their own city or from neighbouring cities of their state of residence. Note that one is allowed to select cities from their state only and not out of their state of residence or far away cities in some other state.
NEET Preparation 2022 – How To Start Preparing For NEET 2022?
The best time to start preparing for NEET 2022 is right now! A sound preparation can certainly bring success to candidates appearing for NEET. Follow these simple steps to start preparing for NEET.
You might like: Complete Strategy To Prepare For NEET 2022
Checklist to start NEET 2022 Preparation
1. Get acquainted with NEET 2022 exam pattern
2. Download/take a print of the syllabus, question papers and other essential documents
3. Start strategizing
4. Design a study planner
5. Prepare your own notes
6. Focus on gaining conceptual clarity
7. Solve question papers and sample papers for NEET
8. Take up mock tests
9. Set realistic daily targets and achieve them
10. Solve as many as 150-200 questions per day
11. Take up 2 subjects a day
Don’t miss: NEET 2022 Schedule: How to make a study time table for NEET 2022?
13 Other NEET Preparation Tips
Some other tips while preparing:
- Ensure to study for NEET exclusively every day. Over time one will get habituated to indulging in long-hours-studying with attention staying intact
- NEET is not a memory testing exam, hence give up on rote memorization techniques. Focus on gaining clarity on concepts, for which you can seek help. Learn from video tutorials to understand better
- Understand concepts and apply the same while solving problems.
- Practise and solve as many papers to increase your levels of speed and accuracy
- With ample time left, one can enhance the analytical capabilities by attempting to solve the same problem more efficiently by applying different techniques
- Cynosure must be on managing time efficiently, discipline and dedication to sticking to the routine, enhancing conceptual knowledge, etc.
- Practise diagrams, focus on chemical reactions, learn physics formulae
- If you find a topic difficult, reform it into a flowchart or visualize it in a diagram
- When reading chapters for the first time, go through them carefully. Do not learn. After completing the chapter, try to recall important information. Read and learn it the second time. This time it is learnt in-depth for its information. In the end, try recalling and solving questions in the chapter. This way, you have read the chapter twice and solidified your knowledge on the chapter
- Do not miss out on the summary section provided at the end of the chapter
- Study and understand examples carefully. They help understand concepts and apply the knowledge gained to solving questions
- Do not indulge in marathon reading sessions initially
- Maintain separate notes for NEET with all terminologies of NCERT intact. Highlight important points, use mnemonics, flowcharts, mappings, etc. Check out the article below to frame the best notes for NEET.
Here’s how NEET toppers prepared:
|NEET Topper Habits||Common Traits of A Topper||How Do NEET Toppers Study|
NEET Physics Preparation
Physics section of NEET requires regular practising of questions and clarity of concepts. Ensure to have thoroughly understood important concepts of NEET physics.
Important chapters for NEET Physics
Important chapters can be decided based on two factors – difficulty level and frequency of questions from the previous years’ paper analysis. Some important concepts are:
Mechanics, Heat & Thermodynamics, Current electricity and electromagnetic induction, Ray Optics, Electrostatistics & Magnetism, Modern Physics, Electronics, SHM & Waves and Rotational motion.
Best books for NEET Physics
- NCERT (Textbook) Physics – Class 11 & 12
- Objective Physics by Pramod Agarwal (For practising problems in mechanics and rotational dynamics)
- D. C. Pandey Objective Physics
- Problems in General Physics by I. E. Irodov
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker (For optics, waves, and electromagnetism)
- Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
Important links for NEET Physics preparation
|Important NEET Physics MCQs||NEET Physics Weightage||Physics Formulas For NEET||Detailed Physics Syllabus for NEET 2022 (mentioned above)|
Also see: How To Make Notes for NEET
NEET Chemistry Preparation
NEET Chemistry has three sections – Physical chemistry, organic chemistry and inorganic chemistry. This section of NEET is deemed to be the scoring section as students usually manage to get out of out in chemistry and hence a good NEET rank can be secured.
Important chapters for NEET Chemistry
Some important chapters to be prioritized in the chemistry syllabus for NEET are:
- p-block elements
- D and f block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Chemical bonding & molecular structure
- Organic chemistry – Some basic principles and techniques
- Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids
These were some important chapters, additionally ensure to cover the remaining chapters as well to be able to answer any type of question.
Best books for NEET Chemistry
Books for NEET Physical chemistry
- NCERT (Textbook) Chemistry – Class 11 & 12
- Physical Chemistry by P. Bahadur
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
Books for NEET Organic chemistry
- NCERT (Textbook) Chemistry – Class 11 & 12
- Organic Chemistry Objective by Arihant (for practising problems)
- Organic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd (For reaction mechanisms)
Books for NEET Inorganic chemistry
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry (For Chemical Bonding, Atomic Structure and Coordination Chemistry)
- Inorganic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
Important links for NEET Chemistry preparation
|Important NEET Chemistry MCQs||NEET Chemistry Weightage||Chemistry Formulae For NEET||Detailed Chemistry Syllabus for NEET 2022 (mentioned above)|
NEET Biology Preparation
NEET Biology section usually is considered to be the easiest of all to crack. It comprises 90 questions and carries 360 marks. If one has a good understanding and clarity of concepts, each question can be answered in less than a minute.
Most Important Chapters for NEET biology – Important units of NEET Biology
- Biological Classification
- Morphology of flowering plants
- Molecular Basis of Inheritance
- Principles of Inheritance and Variation
- Animal Kingdom
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- Human Reproduction
Moderately Important Chapters for NEET biology – NEET Biology Moderately Important Units
- Reproductive Health
- Environmental Issues
- Photosynthesis in Higher Plants
- Breathing and Exchange of Gases
- Plant Kingdom
- Chemical Coordination and Integration
- Cell- The Unit of Life
- Organisms and Population
- Biotechnology- Principles and Processes
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Biodiversity and Conservation
- Cell Cycle and Cell Division
- Neural Control and Coordination
- Anatomy of Flowering Plants
- Digestion and Absorption
- Reproduction in Organisms
Less Important Chapters for NEET biology – NEET Biology Less Important Units
- Strategies for enhancement in food production
- Mineral Nutrition
- Transport in Plants
- Human Health and Disease
- Structural Organisation in Animals
- The Living World
- Microbes in Human Welfare
- Plant Growth and Development
- Excretory Products and their Elimination
- Locomotion and Movement
- Body Fluids and Circulation
- Respiration in Plants
These were some important chapters, additionally ensure to cover the remaining chapters as well to be able to answer any type of question.
Best books for NEET Biology (Botany + Zoology)
Books for NEET Biology
- NCERT (Textbook) Biology – Class 11 & 12
- SC Verma Biology books
- Dinesh Objective Biology
- Biology by GRB Bathla’s Publications
- Trueman’s Biology – Vol 1 and Vol 2
- Biology Books by Pradeep’s Publications
Important links for NEET Biology preparation
|Biology Question Bank For NEET||NEET Biology Weightage||Important notes for NEET Biology||Detailed Biology Syllabus for NEET 2022 (mentioned above)|
Note: One must ensure to master the NCERT syllabus for NEET from class 11 and 12 primarily and then aim at referring from relevant sources to ace NEET.
How To Start Preparing for NEET 2022 from Class 11?
One of the best and ideal times to start preparing for NEET 2022 is from Class 11 onwards. Start following the aforementioned preparation tips and get started. One can enrol at a NEET Coaching centre if required. Remember, one can conveniently crack NEET with self-studies as well. Staying dedicated and disciplined to the study routine is key.
NCERT is the holy grail for NEET candidates. One must master NCERT textbooks for classes 11 & 12. Check out the Best Books for NEET for complete details.
NEET Question Papers 2022
Click on the link below to download NEET question paper PDFs along with answer keys and solutions for all the codes for the years 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021.
Detailed NEET Question Paper Analysis 2022
Every year, once exams are conducted, a thorough analysis of each section of NEET question paper is carried out. This helps students who attempted the paper analyse their performance and come up with their tentative NEET rank. It also helps students who are going to take up NEET exams with their preparation and understand the different performance metrics and assess the difficulty level of the paper.
Find below the direct links to the complete NEET question paper analysis for Physics, Chemistry and Biology sections of NEET.
|NEET 2019 Question Paper Analysis – Physics, Chemistry, Biology||Click here|
|NEET 2020 Question Paper Analysis – Physics, Chemistry, Biology||Click here|
|NEET 2021 Question Paper Analysis – Physics, Chemistry, Biology||Click here|
NEET Answer Key 2022
Once NEET 2022 has been conducted, the answer key will be released in a week’s time. The answer key for NEET 2022 shall be released on the official website for NEET by the NTA. Along with the answer key, the OMR responses shall also be published via the online mode.
In case of any discrepancy after comparison with the NEET answer key, one can avail the facility of challenging the answer key. One must pay an amount of rupees 1000/- per challenge. Typically, the time allotted to a challenge is just 2 days.
How To Download NEET Answer Key from Official Website?
- Visit the official website – ntaneet.nic.in
- Log in with your credentials – roll number and password
- Click on the link to download “NEET 2022 Answer key”
Get the complete procedure from scratch to challenge here – NEET Answer Key
NEET 2022 Results
Results for NEET 2022 are declared by NTA – the conducting authority on the official website for NEET. Results typically is announced a few weeks after the exam has been conducted. Candidates must visit the official website and log in with their respective credentials check and download results. Credentials asked on the result page are roll number and other details. One must download and carry a copy of the same during the counselling process. After the result declaration, NEET 2022 Cut off too is announced.
When was NEET 2022 result date?
NEET 2022 results were declared on 7 September, 2022. Results were declared on the official website of NEET – NTA, i.e., nta.neet.nic.in
How to check NEET results 2022?
The candidates can check their NEET-UG Result 2022 online by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit NTA’s official website https://ntaneet.nic.in/
- Enter your Application Number and D.O.B/password and click the Submit Button. These are the same set of credentials that the candidate has entered at the time of registration for the NEET 2022 exam.
- The browser takes the user to the next window where the results will be displayed
- Download and save your scorecard. Take a printout of the same for counselling and future reference
Details required to check NEET 2022 results
- Candidate’s application number
- Date of birth
- Security pin
Don’t miss: NEET Questions
NEET 2022 Result – Tie-Breaking Criteria
In case of two or more candidates secure the same marks/percentile scores in the NEET (UG) – 2022, the inter-se-merit shall be determined as follows:
Criteria 1: The Candidate scoring more marks in Biology will be given a higher rank.
Criteria 2: If the tie still remains, the Candidate scoring more marks in Chemistry will be awarded a higher rank.
Criteria 3: Next, if the tie still remains, the Candidate scoring more marks in Physics will be awarded a higher rank.
Criteria 4: Further, the candidate with the least number of wrong answers will be given a higher rank.
Criteria 5: Candidates with a lesser number of incorrect attempted answers and correct answers in Biology
Criteria 6: Candidates with a lesser number of incorrect attempted answers and correct answers in Chemistry
Criteria 7: Candidates with a lesser number of incorrect attempted answers and correct answers in Physics
Criteria 8: The age criteria will be applied and the candidate senior in age will be awarded a higher rank in NEET-UG result 2022
Criteria 9: Finally, application number in ascending order
NEET Cut-off 2022
Cut-off indicates the minimum score that must be obtained in order to qualify the entrance test. The NTA declares the cut-off for NEET along with the declaration of result. The list so published has the All India ranks, category wise of all the candidates who have qualified for the test.
A merit list will be generated by the participating states for the upcoming counselling process. The scorecard, in addition to the cut-off marks, will also display the NEET cut-off percentile and the number of applicants.
Candidates who have cleared the cut-off will then be required to register themselves for the NEET Counselling process 2022, a few weeks post the announcement of results.
Cut-off announced for a particular year varies, depending on factors such as the number of candidates appearing in the exam that year, students performance, the difficulty level of the exam, etc.
NEET 2022 Cut off
|Category||Marks Range||Qualifying Criteria|
|UR / EWS & PH||116-105||45th Percentile|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||104-93||40th Percentile|
For your reference, find below the cut-off for NEET 2021 and NEET 2020.
NEET 2021 Cut off
|Category||Cut off marks||Cut off percentile|
|Unreserved/EWS – PWD||137-122||45th Percentile|
|OBC/SC/ST – PWD||121-108||40th Percentile|
NEET 2020 Cut off
NEET 2020 Cut-off for MBBS/BDS is as mentioned below:
|Group/Category||Cut off marks(Range)||Minimum Qualifying Percentile|
|General – Physically Handicapped||146-129||45th|
|SC/ST- Physically Handicapped||128-113||40th|
NEET Merit list
Once NEET results are declared, the NTA prepares an All India Merit List of the candidates who have cleared the NEET cut-off. The list is prepared on the basis of the eligibility criteria as specified by the National Medical Commission and Dental Council of India. This NEET Merit list has the names of candidates who have obtained marks higher than the minimum qualifying percentile. Candidates can get access to the NEET merit list by visiting the official website for NEET.
Merit list for counselling – 15% All India Quota
For those candidates who have opted for 15% All India quota seats, a list is formulated based on marks secured in NEET 2022. This list shall be passed to the DGHS, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, and Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India for NEET seat allotment process by counselling to 15% AIQ seats.
Merit list for seats other than 15% All India Quota
NTA provides AIR (All India Rank), and results are passed to the DGHS, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt of India and Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India to be shared with the admitting officials. In turn, the officials invite counselling applications and formulate a merit list on the basis of AIR as per the rules of the respective states.
NEET Rank List 2022
A merit list is prepared on the instructions of MCI (Medical Council of India), DGHS (Directorate General Of Health Services), and the DCI (Dental Council of India). The merit list is prepared for the 15% All India Quota. Candidates will be intimated about NEET counselling in their order of ranking obtained at the NEET UG exam.
Also see: NEET Quiz Videos
NEET Reservation Criteria 2022
The following table describes the reservation criteria for different categories. Take a look.
|General Economically Weaker section||10%|
|Other backward castes||27%|
|Persons with disabilities||5%|
NEET Counselling 2022
The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) of DGHS conducts online counselling for undergraduate medical programmes the information for which is available on the MCC website. Qualifying candidates are suggested to carefully go through the information related to counselling and know the course of action to be undertaken to appear in Counselling.
MCC Conducts Counselling for
- 15% All India Quota seats of states
- 100% medical seats of BHU OPEN
- AIIMS open seats
- JIPMER open
- Jamia open seats
- AMU open and internal seats
- 85% IP/Internal quota/domicile seats of DU
- AFMC – only registration
- 15% AIQ seats of ESIC & IP quota seats
- B.Sc Nursing of selected central nursing institutions
NEET Online Coaching For NEET 2022
Enrolling for NEET Coaching is an individual choice, but it is certainly helpful. Coaching centres have experienced faculty with years of experience in training candidates to face NEET. Along with great exposure, it also comes along with a systematic approach to studying, weekly/daily assessments, constant mentoring, doubt-clearing sessions and much more.
While it is ideal to enrol for NEET coaching from class 11 onwards, it can still be taken up in class 12. Cracking NEET with Online Coaching for NEET becomes a lot easier and hassle-free.
Explore more about NTA NEET 2022 at BYJU’S.
Frequently Asked Questions on NEET 2022
When will NEET 2022 admit card be released?
What is the NEET exam 2022 date?
The exam date for NEET-UG 2022 is 17 July 2022. Registrations for the same commenced on 6th April 2022.
Will NEET 2022 be postponed?
Students requested the officials to postpone the NEET 2022 exams citing insufficient time to prepare for the medical entrance test. This was because the time interval between the release of the notification regarding the exam date and the date of the NEET exam was less than they felt. However, the officials have not released any notification on the same. So, as of now, NEET is set to be conducted on 17th July 2022.
What is new in NEET 2022?
There are changes introduced in NEET 2022 – 1. Increase exam duration by 20 minutes. 2. Revision in the application fee for NEET 3. Increase in the number of exam centres both in India and abroad
Are there any changes in NEET 2022 syllabus?
There were conjectures that the officials might exclude some part of NEET portions, in Physics specifically. However, there are now changes as of now that are officially communicated. Hence, students can continue to follow the NEET syllabus specified in the information brochure for NEET 2022 and align their preparations accordingly.
When is the NEET 2022 Application form date?
Will NEET 2022 happen twice?
As of now, NEET 2022 is scheduled to be conducted once annually, i.e., on 17th July 2022. If there is any update on the same, it shall be updated here.
Is there any age limit or attempt limit in NEET 2022?
A candidate has to clear the minimum age limit of 17 years as of that year. Apart from that, there is no restriction on the upper age limit or the number of attempts henceforth.
What courses can I get admitted to through NEET 2022?
Once a student clears NEET 2022, he/she can seek admission to any medical programmes such as MBBS, BDS, AYUSH courses, nursing courses etc. through the AIQ and state quota.
Is NEET 2022 cancelled?
NEET-UG 2022 is not cancelled. The exam is annually conducted for young medical aspirants to seek admission to undergraduate medical programmes in the country and abroad. Hence, it cannot be cancelled. This time, the NEET exam is all set to take place on 17th July 2022. The admit cards for the same shall soon be released on the official website.
What are the documents to be carried along with NEET admit card to the exam hall?
Candidates are required to carry the following documents to the examination centre along with one’s NEET admit card.
- Passport size photograph
- Valid ID proof
- Self-declaration form
For how long is the NEET result 2022 valid?
Your NEET 2022 score shall be valid for the academic session 2022-2023. In case the aspirant is interested to pursue medicine outside India, then the score shall be valid for 3 years beginning 2022.
Can I get admitted to AIIMS colleges through NEET 2022?
Yes. Prior to 2020, that is, till 2019, AIIMS conducted its own entrance tests which had to be cleared by students to seek admissions to any of the AIIMS colleges. However, since NEET 2020, in order for students to seek admission to any of the AIIMS colleges, NEET had to be attempted and cleared. Additionally, its eligibility criteria should also be met. NEET is now compulsory for admission to medical courses including MBBS and BDS.
How many chapters are there in total in NEET 2022 Biology syllabus?
There are a total of 38 chapters in NEET 2022 Biology syllabus. Class 11 has 22 chapters covered under 5 units, while class 11 has 16 chapters covered under 5 units.
What is the NEET form last date 2022?
The last date to fill up and submit the online NEET application form was 20th May 2022 while the NEET form date 2022 was 6 April 2022. After this, the NTA opens the correction portal for registered candidates to make changes (if any). This time the window for correction remained open from 24th May – 27th May 2022. It was reopened again for category change on 14th June and 15th June 2022.
|NEET 2022 Re-exam Question Paper Analysis, Solution and Answer Keys (Sept 4th)|
|NEET 2022 Re-exam Question Paper Analysis|
|NEET 2022 Re-exam Question Paper with Solutions|
|NEET 2022 Re-exam Question Paper with Answer Keys|
Great Information for preparing the 11th 12th + NEET 2022 for my daughter.
Thanks and Regards to All Team members of BYJU’S
Thank you for clearing my all doubts
Really help a lot
Now I am able to know the whole process
Amazing, Byju’s for clearing my doubts
very helpful , I came to know reservation .
Good advice. Thanks a lot to all members of the team.
THANK YOU BYJU’S TEAM FOR CLEARING MY DOUBT
Thank you so much for giving us very helpful information.
A huge amount of appreciation for the team who made efforts to bring out valuable information. very helpful.
It is very useful information for me. Thanks for helping us.
I like the way you’re providing the info to the students. Thank you Byju’s for this info, it helps a lot.
Thank you byjus it really, helped me a lot and cleared all my doubts